The Past

It's Not Always that Easy [DISCONTINUED]

"Oppa!" You shouted.  You were only in junior high.  You were just a girl with ever-changing personalities.  You were a girl who was extremely fragile and innocent.  You were very pretty.  You didn't think you were special, but all the guys in your school looked at you like some angel that had falled out of the sky.  Popular among guys, but you had no friends.  In fact, all the girls at your school hated you.  There wasn't any good reason for that, actually.  They were all just jealous of your beauty and your "popularity". Junior high was literally hell for you.

"Oppa!" You screamed, running towards him as you saw tall, buff guys beating him up.  One guy punched his stomach and your brother coughed out blood.  Suddenly, your brother jerked up as he heard your voice.  , he thought. What's Sang Woo doing here?! Isn't she supposed to be home with umma?!

The four gangsters heard footsteps running towards them and turned around.  They thought it would be the police, but then they saw you.  The guy who punched your oppa in the stomach before glanced at you up and down.  "Well, well well," he snickered.  "What do we have here?"

You froze.

"Run, Sang Woo!" Your brother yelled as he receieved another fist in his mouth. "Don't let them catch you! Run before it's too late!" He tried again.

But you just stood there. You didn't want to let your brother suffer anymore. You were going to give those s a lesson they'll never forget. Since you had to beat up guys almost everyday for self-defense (well you were a pretty one, so many guys tried to harass you o_o), you thought you had a chance.

"Aiight, listen up, hoes." You spoke menacingly. "Lay one more hand on my brother and all of you will go straight to hell."

The gangsters chuckled.  The one with neon green hair and like a billion piercings all over his body spoke.  "What are you gonna do, little girl? You're mad short and probably strengthless. I could even break you with one punch.  Maybe we should replay this scene all over again.  Beat you up, make you cough out blood, make you suffer like your brother did... Or maybe even worse.  Maybe we'll send you to 'heaven' and maybe keep you or sell you to y s out there."

You narrowed your eyes.  These asses want it that badly, huh? "Lay one damn finger on me and you'll go straight to Satan, got it? Now let my brother go or I'LL break each and every single one of you."

The hoe looked at you straight in the eye and laughed.  "YOU beat up ME? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! Enough talking. Let's get down to business." He looked at the rest of his group. He gestured them to get ready.

Suddenly, your fist came flying into his ugly face. Then, you kicked the guy in the face next to him in the place where the sun never shone.  He buckled and fell to the ground, clutching his.. DERP. NO MORE DETAILS ABOUT HIM.  The other two gangsters looked at you, eyes filled with fury.  "YOU LITTLE HOESACK. YOU'RE GETTING IT."

"Getting what?" You put your most innocent face on and tilted your head. "You ran towards the nearest wall in the alley, jumped, bounced off the wall and spin-kicked the other two guys in the face.  One of the guy's tooth flew out and hit the garbage can lid that was a few feet away.  It was yellow and slimey.  You shuddered.  You didn't want to find out why it was like that.

The gangsters were all on the ground now, clutching their wounds, groaning.  You rolled your eyes.  Some gangsters THEY were. Your eyes searched for your brother and spotted him lying on the floor in a pool of blood.  "Oppa!" You rushed towards him, tears streaming down your face. "Oppa! Don't leave me... Hang in there. I'll get you to the hospital and you'll get better, okay?" You lifted him up, or at least attempted to.  He was a year older than you, but wasn't that heavy for his age.

You walked out of the alley carrying your seriously injured brother and looked around. "HELP," You shouted. "My brother's injured and he needs medical attention right away!" Nobody was around. You gently put your brother down and started to search for his cellphone in his pockets.  You found it and dialed the emergency number.  "HELP!" You screamed into the phone.  "My brother's been beat up and he's seriously wounded!"

"Okay, we'll send help right away!" The operator answered. You looked at your dear brother and started crying again. A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived and the paramedics lifted your brother onto the stretcher and gently placed him in the ambulance.  As the ambulance started moving, your brother slowly opened his eyes.  He coughed.

You looked at him.  "Oppa?" You cried. "Gwenchana?"

"Sang Woo... Don't... worry... I'll be fine... Listen, okay?" He coughed again. "You're the best sister anyone could ever have... You kicked some out there... You saved me from those ugly jerks... I'm... really proud.. of you, you know?... I'm proud to call someone like you to be.. my.. sister... If I don't make it... It's okay... I've lived my life with happiness... I know umma... and appa... would be devastated.. if I left you guys... but no one can turn back time... Don't worry.. From now on, don't give two s about anyone else... You cared about too many people who would'nt ever care about you... Let yourself be happy... Let yourself be free from all the crap that's happening.. in this cruel world..."

He looked straight into your eye for a moment and your sobs pained him more and more every second.  He held your hand while he still could.  He knew it was his time. "Oppa," you started to say. "If I were a better sister, you wouldn't be in this condition..." You sobbed even harder.

"Don't worry, my precious little sister... Don't... worry... anymore..." His words faded and he closed his eyes for the last time. All the warmth from his hand disappeared and it fell limp.

"OPPA. OPPA, WAKE UP. DON'T LEAVE ME." You wailed. "Don't leave me here..."

That was the day you changed to be cold and tempermental.  That was the day your whole life changed. That was the day you left your family and lived on your own.  That was the day you last cried and let your heart out.  That was the last day in your life you ever gave mercy to anyone that dared to hurt you.