First day blues!

EXO Scenarios

"You ready for school?" My mom asked me.

"No, I'm ready to go back to China." I replied, taking a huge gulp of orange juice.

"Very funny." She said, cleaning up the kitchen counter.

We moved to Seoul from Beijing, you see. My mom and dad just divorced, and my mom got custody of me. So we moved back to her home in Seoul, where we're currently living with our grandparents.

"You better get going, Lei. Or you'll be late." My grandmother patted me on the head. I immediately finished my pancakes and gave them a big hug before I left for this new school.

Am I excited? Hell to the no. It's not that I'm antisocial, or I'm a loser in my former school or anything like that. It's just that I have no clue in speaking the language. Yes, my mother is Korean, but did she teach me any Korean or taught me to write Hangul? Not really. I only met my grandparents for the first time when we moved here. And it's a good thing they can speak Mandarin, or I'm totally lost.

I was riding a train to school.

I have my Korean dictionary at hand, and my very little Korean vocabulary in my brain.

I walked out of the subway as I hopped off the train and walked to the campus.

It was pretty huge. And there were tons and tons of students flocking in.

I gulped and took in a deep breath as I walked nervously. I tried not making eye contact with any of the people walking by as I headed quickly to my classroom.

 

I walked in the classroom where a bunch of eyes turned to me with cold stares. Just ignore them, Lei.

I sat on the empty seat at the back beside a girl with long, shiny black hair.

"Hello." She greeted me.

Annyeonghaseyo's pretty much one of the very few words I know, so I greeted her back with it.

"You have an accent?" She said. "You must be Chinese or what?"

I understood nothing. Nothing.

"What?" I managed to reply.

"I said if you're Chinese." She answered. Didn't understand anything.

"I'm sorry. I don't know how to speak Korean." I said roughly. Her eyes widened in shock, then laughed.

"Really?" She exclaimed.

I nodded.

"Hey, everyone! This girl doesn't know how to speak Korean, yet she still goes to this school!" She shouted words I didn't understand. Then all the others started to laugh with her.

It was hell. They were laughing at me for not being able to speak their language. Great. Awesome start, Lei.

The laughing suddenly died down when the teacher went in the classroom. The others ran back to their seats and sat properly.

The whole lesson I got shifty looks from everyone in the class. Everyone started laughing at me when I attempted to introduce myself.

"What a dumb !"

"Go back to China you loser!"

I slumped in my chair and tried to hold back my tears.

Even though I couldn't understand them, their words pierced my heart like a dagger.

The only one person in the class that didn't laugh was the boy in the back corner.

He had a group of girls surrounding him but he ignored them as they laughed and pointed at me carelessly.

At the end of the class I packed up my books and ran into the only place I thought was safe, the library.

I went to the back corner and sat in one of the big, comfy arm chairs.

Putting my head back I started to cry.

I really hate everything right now.

Everyone in my class thinks I'm a total idiot.

I finally gathered the strength to go to my locker.

As I walked the halls I heard people whispering and giggling between their friends.

I stopped walking when something cold and hard hit the back of my head. I touched it lightly and jumped when I realised it was a piece of wet toilet tissue. I ran into the bathroom and confined myself in a cubicle.

No one else was in the bathroom.

I started to sob loudly.

Soon enough some girls walked in, giggling and talking about the new girl from China.

"Did you see the way Chen oppa looked at her?"

"Yes! That better not steal my man!"

So that was his name.

Chen.

I walked out of the cubicle and started washing my hands.

"Hello!" I said politely.

"..." One of the girls muttered.

She doesn't know I can understand swear words.

I turned to face her and put my hand on my hip.

"Go die in hell you !" I said in chinese.

They all gasped and pointed.

Obviously they understand Chinese swear words too. I walked out of the bathroom with my head held high.

As I sat back down in class again everyone was whispering yet again. I pulled out my books and set up my desk.

A shadow covered my desk.

I looked up to see no other than the infamous Chen.

"Oh! Hello!" I said in Korean.

"You don't have to speak Korean to me! I can speak Mandarin." He said quickly. I sighed and smiled.

"Sorry! Let me introduce myself! I'm Zing Lei! Nice to meet you!" I greeted. He flashed me a sweet smile and shook my hand.

"My name is Kim Jong-dae but please just call me Chen!!" He said cheerfully. "Oh and don't mind all these es in class, they are just jealous of your beauty!" He added.

I blushed and giggled.

"May I sit next to you?" He asked. I nodded and motioned to the desk next to me.

"Oh Chen! Don't sit next to her! Come sit with me!" The girl in front of me said. Of course I understood nothing. 

"No thanks, I want to sit with Lei!" He said back. "..." He muttered in Mandarin. I giggled and had to cover my mouth to hold in my laughter.

Little did I know this would spark a friendship that I never knew I could have.