A Job, School, and Amber's Great Idea

Heartbreaker or Matchmaker?

School went by slowly. All the teachers were handing back graded work and preparing for the next big assignment. Min Hyo's hand was beginning to cramp from furiously writing. She gave Amber a pained expression and saw her rubbing her wrist. Finally, the bell rung and the teacher wrote the homework on the board. Looking at the time she realized she had to hurry or else she would be late for work. She jotted down the homework assignment, stuffed everything in her backpack and ran out the door.

A hand grabbed her elbow. Turning back she saw Amber following her. The crowd was squeezing them apart as Amber tried to hold on. Out of frustration she headed towards the teacher's parking lot and made her way to Chanyeol's motorcycle. He handed her a helmet. Amber found Kai and Tao and waved as Chanyeol drove off with Min Hyo.

When they arrived home they rushed into the apartment to change. Chanyeol wore his dark worn out jeans and an old shirt knowing it would get greasy soon. Ever since he moved to Seoul he started working at an auto body repair shop, which was lucky since Jonghyun tends to break his bike's parts whenever he touches the poor thing.

Min Hyo stepped out of her room wearing a blouse that hung like a toga from her shoulders and chest. Her dark jeans were tight and tucked into black boots. Chanyeol watched as she pinned her hair up and gave a long whistle.

"Expecting a special customer today? "His eyes were wide open looking her up and down suspiciously.

Rolling her eyes, she walked over to the coffee table to grab her helmet. "I can't look good without it having to be for somebody?"

"Hey, I dress up for you," he joked, "if you weren't here I would probably wear less around the house."

"Wear less what?" She cocked a brow.

"Clothes. I used to sleep-"

Before he could finish Min Hyo closed her ears, found her bag and hurried out the door, but his y chuckle followed her to the parking lot. Waiting for him to climb on, she kept her ears shut until it was time to hold onto him.

"I was going to say," he started, "I used to sleep shirtless. What were you thinking?" He laughed already knowing the answer.

"Yah, just drive us to work," she scolded, which only made him laugh more.

The store was busy when she arrived. The girl at the checkout counter was swamped with customers and the salespeople were trying hard to keep up with buyers. After snapping on her name tag she relieved a saleswoman of an older lady who couldn't decide on a purse to buy. While trying to help her, a man asked for a tie that seemed to have sold out. She didn't want to make it seem like she was rushing them, but since the shop was so hectic she had no other choice. After a while, she entered the changing rooms and gathered all the items to return them. By the end of her shift her feet were sore and her cheeks hurt from having smiled so much.

When it was time to go home she bowed and waved at all her coworkers still in the store. Outside, Chanyeol was waiting to take his friend home. As he drove weaving in and out of traffic Min Hyo's eyelids became heavy. Her grip on his waist was firm and her fingers were intertwined to prevent her from falling in her drowsy state.

Chanyeol reached the apartment building and was about to get off when he noticed she hadn't let go of him. He saw her eyes closed and softly chuckled at how puffy her cheeks looked. After loosening her hold on him, he removed the helmet and carried Min Hyo home. He placed her gently on her bed wondering what he should do about her clothes and pajamas while he took off her shoes and undid her hair. Since he didn't want either of them to feel uncomfortable tomorrow he left her in the work clothes and adjusted the alarm clock to wake her up early so she could shower and have time to do some homework.

 

The buzzing of the alarm made Min Hyo's body shoot up. Her eyes burst open, her heart was racing. She calmed herself down and pressed the button on the top of the clock. Stepping out of the clothes, she showered and started breakfast. As a thank you for bringing her home she made Chanyeol a western style breakfast with pancakes, honey, orange juice, toast and butter, and left over pastries. The aroma must've woken him up because he walked out of his room in his uniform. Seeing him rubbing his eyes she took the last pancake out of the pan and ran over to give him a friendly hug.

"Thank you for getting me home," she told him.

He chuckled and hugged back rubbing his hands in circles over her back. "No problem. Was the store packed yesterday?"

"Yes! It was crazy!" He let go and went into the kitchen to help set the table as Min Hyo continued. "How was the shop?"

"Nothing special. I have a truck to work on this week, it was in an accident," he replied as he sat down and filled his plate.

As they started to eat, Min Hyo's schoolwork was beside her so she could start some homework before reaching class. Chanyeol had one of his own books open next to him, as well. Neither of them noticed that the food was done until Min Hyo looked at the kitchen clock.

"We better get going," she sighed and carried some dishes into the kitchen.

He followed with the rest  and they headed out the door. In class, everyone who had come early was cleaning the room. Min Hyo and Chanyeol sat at their desks to finish their assignments. Luckily for them, they didn't have the same teachers as yesterday so they didn't need to turn anything in. Another teacher stepped into the classroom to begin the morning lesson. When the bell finally rung to dismiss class everyone rushed to the cafeteria. Amber, Kai, Tao, Kris, Chanyeol and Min Hyo met back in their classroom.

"I have a great idea," Amber announced, "to get Min Hyo comfortable on stage we should enter some competitions outside of school."

"Yeah!" Kai excitedly agreed. "We can enter dance competitions."

"And rap battles," Kris and Chanyeol said simultaneously.

"But I'm not entering the talent part of the show," Min Hyo insisted.

"You really don't have a choice," Kai smirked.

"Well, we don't have to force her. If she doesn't want to be in it she doesn't-" Tao was cut off by his sister.

"Yah! Who's side are you on? Anyway, it'll be fun. We don't get to do stuff like this all the time."

"No, you know I'll ruin it. I'll forget the dance, or my lines or bump into one of you. What if I fall off the stage?"

"We will catch you before you fall, and don't worry so much. All you need is practice. That's all we need to do so you won't ruin anything. Please Min Hyo." Kris softened his eyes and looked up at her hoping he could win her over, but her nerves were already tense just thinking about being in front of an audience. There had to be a way out, she knew it, but they seemed too enthusiastic to let anyone get in their way, even if it was a friend. There has to be some way out of this, she told herself.

"We should stop by my brother's practice room tomorrow and ask him and my cousins for help," Kai suggested stealing the attention from her.

"Really? They won't mind?" Tao quietly asked.

Kai shook his head. "They would love to help."

"Then it's settled," Chanyeol spoke up cheerfully, "tomorrow after school we will practice with them." Everyone unanimously agreed and went back to eating their lunches. Min Hyo, however, sat between Kris and Chanyeol with a frustrated sigh. She didn't like being in front of people like that. If it hadn't been for her parents she might have turned out like Chanyeol or Amber who seemed excited about performing, but she realized there was no reason to bring that up now that she moved away.


Next chapter? Shinee's back back back BACK!......I'll stop that now xD

So someone asked if the love interest is already in the story. The answer is yes. I keep dropping hints and also some things aren't hints, but may look like hints. Anyone have any guesses? .o.o. Til next chapter :) And thank you to all my new subscribers and new readers!! Sorry this chapter is boring >< hope you like it anyway