Suspicion

Heartbreaker or Matchmaker?

Everyone was gathered at Chanyeol's apartment watching a variety show. Amber passed the bowl of popcorn down the couch letting everyone grab a handful and pass it on. By the time it made its way to the other side it was nearly empty. When Tao looked down at the bowl he glared at it.

"Hey, that's not fair. Chanyeol hyung and Kris hyung have big hands and there's nothing left for me."

Kris, who had been stuffing his cheek, looked up innocently. He reached over with a hand full of untouched popcorn and let Tao take them. Chanyeol laughed as a crumb fell off Kris' face. Min Hyo stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"I'll make some more Panda," she assured him.

"No it's okay Hyohyo," Amber used Min Hyo's  nickname, "we should start heading home soon."

The show was just about over when everyone stood up to stretch. Kai lazily stumbled off the couch ready to call his brother to pick him up, but Kris offered him a ride instead. Chanyeol and Min Hyo followed them all to their cars and watched as they piled in. Before Kai sat beside Kris he winked in their direction, causing Min Hyo to roll her eyes.

"Yah, little boy, get in the car," said Kris, feeling tired.

Kai smirked and sunk into the seat. They both waved goodbye and drove down the empty dark street. Chanyeol sighed and flopped onto Min Hyo's back resting his head on top of hers as they walked up the stairs. His arms bounced as they dragged their feet over each step.

"Did I tell you? Noona called. She said umma and appa got the money I sent them. They finally paid the doctor and they don't have any other debts," he smiled contentedly.

"Really? That's wonderful Channie," Min Hyo smiled too, "did you greet her for me?"

He nodded falling half asleep, leaving her to carry most of his weight. She carefully helped him onto the couch knowing it would be nearly impossible to carry him to his bed. There were blankets in a cabinet near the living room, so she took one to cover him up. She took off his shoes, tucked him in, and switched off the television. After taking the popcorn bowl into the kitchen she checked up on Chanyeol who looked as though he was pouting with his cheeks a little puffed up and his lower lip somewhat pouting. He was breathing heavily, ruining the serene atmosphere his appearance had created. Min Hyo chuckled to herself as she went into her room for the night.

In the morning she found Chanyeol still asleep on the couch. The clock on her phone read 6:45AM. She kneeled beside him and began to nudge him slightly while calling his name, but he wouldn’t budge. Then, she had an idea. She took her phone out of her pocket, set up an alarm, placed the phone on the coffee table beside the couch and sauntered off into the kitchen to put breakfast together. A minute later the alarm went off at full blast making her best friend jerk up and fall off the sofa.

“Hmmm,” Chanyeol groaned as soon as he stood up.

 “Oh, you’re awake?” She turned to him with a sweet smile and consequently received a drowsy glare from him.

He staggered into the bathroom and shut the door. Meanwhile, Min Hyo was cooking away happily. She set the table as she watched her roommate walk into his room to change into his school uniform. He emerged with a crooked tie and his shirt half tucked in.

“In a hurry to eat?” She raised a brow.

 Without responding, he sat down and filled his plate with rice, kimchi and some left over side dishes. She poured herself some pomegranate juice and sat across from him. They quietly ate and headed for school in time to help Amber sweep. When Mr. Ahn entered the classroom the students took their seats and opened their books. Chanyeol was having trouble staying awake, so the boy next to him, Baekhyun, kept shaking him by his arm to keep his eyes open. Amber and Min Hyo tried to hold back laughs once Chanyeol almost fell out of his seat when Mr. Ahn’s back was turned.

During lunch they all gathered at their usual spot, but Amber noticed her brother was missing. She searched the area and spotted Tao and Kai maneuvering through the crowd, triumphantly joining the group.

“What are you so cocky about?” Kris' brow perked up.

 “Tao and I just came from the office. We signed us all up for the talent show,” Kai smirked while eyeing Min Hyo, who had drooped her head to avoid the conversation in hopes that she was not a part of his ‘us all’. “Now we just need something to perform, and practice. I think I’ll work on the choreography.”

“I’ll help,” Tao spoke up.

“Cool, then I’ll work on raps with Kris,” said Chanyeol miraculously recovering from his drowsiness.

“I’ll help,” Tao added.

“And Min Hyo can help me with lyrics and the stage outfits,” Amber joined.

“I’ll help.”

They all turned to Tao as he sat by Kai with a sincere grin.

“What?” He lost his smile. “I just want to help.”

They lightly laughed at his lost-puppy expression and went back to planning. After school they went with Kai to his brother’s dance studio. There they were greeted by his brother and cousins finishing what seemed like hours of practice. They dispersed from their ‘V’ formation and joined them on the two sofas in the fairly empty room.

“Hyung, remember the talent show I told you about?” Kai asked. Taemin nodded while gulping down all the water in his water bottle. “We finally signed up. Can you guys help?”

“Of course,” Onew approved.

“Hey, the club where I DJ has some competitions coming up. You guys can perform there. You know, to get used to the stage,” Key suggested.

“Really?” Chanyeol and Amber said in unison. They both had a twinkle in their eyes.

“Yeah, sure. I can get you in.”

“Cool. We can get started on our practice sooner,” Tao said, a bit relieved, “this is going to be fun.”

“Oh, but the first competition is in three days,” Key remembered.

“We better get started then,” Kai looked over at Min Hyo who had been quietly hiding on one end of the sofa awkwardly.

He smirked at her when she caught his stare, which made her feel uncomfortable and confused. She was hoping they would forget about her and focus on their fortes, but Kai was paying particularly close attention to her whenever the subject came up, which was always. There was something about his attitude towards the idea that made her anxious. This kid is up to something, she thought.


I made Kai seem like a creeper XD Wonder what he's up to.

Poor Channie, being sleepy all day.

First, Chanyeol rides a motorcycle, and now Key's a DJ. COOL!

Until next update, thanks for reading and subbing!! Go ahead and spazz all you want   X_O---get it? An X_O face like Exo...no? Lame? O>O  XD