A New Flame

The Legends [hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Have you found out anything, Victoria?”

Victoria turned around as she was walking through a forest on her way to another village. She pouted, “No. Ever since little Kris arrived… I don’t think anybody has found anything on anyone.”

Boa returned the pout before continuing to walk with her friend, “I wonder when we’ll find the next one. It’s been 2 years already. Are we even sure Kris is the one?”

The other goddess sighed, “I’m pretty sure. I can feel a small presence of the tree in him.” She looked to Boa, “We can always ask Onew if he remembers anything else. Kris’ wings are growing in.”

Boa nodded before looking forward, seeing the village coming up ahead. Suddenly, they saw a huge fireball being shot up into the air then disappeared. The goddesses looked to each other before walking to the direction of where it was from.

“Could that person be one of them?” Victoria asked as they made their way to where a teenager was playing with the fire he was creating.

Boa shook her head, “I don’t think so… We’ve already asked many who’s like him and there was nothing out of the ordinary compared to Kris.”

Victoria nodded, “Excuse me!”

The teenager looked up and saw the two women walking towards him. He instantly recognized them before extinguishing out his fire and bowing to them, “Goddesses! What are you doing here, if I may ask?”

The two goddesses smiled gently as the teenager looked back up at them. “We were just looking for a specific magic user.” The goddess of wisdom said, “When did your powers awaken? We’re afraid we don’t know how the specific one we’re looking for looks like.”

The teenager thought a bit before manipulating his firepower again, “I think about 2 years ago. Why?”

Victoria smiled, “Oh, no reason. Please continue to practice. You’re getting very good on your own.” The boy smiled his thanks before turning around and running back into his house.

Boa turned to her friend, “Not the one?”

Victoria frowned, “I couldn’t sense a part of the tree like I do with Kris.”

Boa sighed as they started heading for another part of the village.

 

--

 

Jay Park smiled as he watched Thunder and CNU help train Kris in the clearing next to where he makes their swords. “Everybody has welcomed him with open arms.” Jae looked beside him to see Seungho standing next to him as he sat on a chair.

Jae smiled, “We have.” He looked to the stack of wood next to them and instantly lit it on fire, starting to work on newer swords.

“Okay, Kris… Open up your wings and try to fly… Concentrate,” CNU calmly said as he watched the younger open up his small wings and tried to hover over the ground as he flapped them.

“You’re getting a lot better, Kris,” Thunder smiled as he ran to catch the boy as his wings suddenly disappeared and he fell from the air.

Kris pouted, “But my wings keep disappearing on me!”

When he was put on the ground, he tried to look behind him to see if he could see his wings. Thunder and CNU laughed. “You’re still learning. You’ve come a long way since you arrived though,” the former mentioned as the latter tried teaching him again.

“Come on, Kris. We know you can do it. Stay in the air for a full five minutes, and we’re done for the day.”

Kris’ eyes widened excitedly before he concentrated and made his wings reappear again. He spread them apart before flapping them to hover up in the air, “Okay!”

Thunder and CNU nodded proudly as they both muttered to each other, “His wings shouldn’t be randomly disappearing like that.”

CNU nodded again, “Maybe it has to do with his emotions?”

They both sighed as they continued to watch the boy hover over the ground with a concentrated face on to keep himself from falling.

Seungho squinted his eyes the slightest bit seeing something shimmer on the young boy’s wings, “I think his wings are taking a hint of color…”

Jae looked up at him, “Does it mean anything?”

The other shrugged, “Not really. It could just be a personal thing. It could just happen to be his favorite color.”

The other looked to the boy’s wings and squinted his eyes as well, trying to see the hint of color. “But…” He saw as the wings shimmered again as the boy tried to stay flying in the air. “It’s red?”

Seungho shrugged again before looking down to Jae, “It could be his favorite color? I mean… Mir’s is his favorite color.”

Jae sighed before starting to pound on the fresh metal, “Well… I have nothing to say to that.”

 

--

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun! Let’s train together!” Ricky yelled out as he was walking with CAP back to the main castle. The elder looked from where he was standing by a water fountain.

“Hey, Ricky. Do you want to? I’m kinda bored,” Kyuhyun stated as he moved away from the fountain to walk up to the duo walking towards them.

“Sure, why not? CAP is going to talk to Leeteuk anyways… Might as well do something to entertain ourselves.”

Kyuhyun nodded as he patted CAP’s shoulder, “Have fun talking to him. I think he’s trying to calm down Heechul because Sunny transformed into someone and tricked him again.”

CAP sighed before turning around in a different direction immediately, “No thanks… Lightning and water do not go well together.”

Ricky and Kyuhyun laughed as the former started manipulating the water away from the fountain. The water flowed as one entity through the air as Ricky maneuvered it to loosely flow around his arms about an inch away like snakes floating through air. “Ready, Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun watched as the other moved the water through air as his hands glowed a turquoise color. He lifted his hands in front of him as they started glowing an ice blue color. “Throw some up in the air.”

Ricky complied and used his left hand to toss some water up in the air over the fountain. Kyuhyun brought up his right hand and instantly froze all the water droplets into ice as they stopped in midair and started to fall. The water user focused energy into his hand again to turn the ice back into water before it fell back into the fountain. The ice user froze part of the water still flowing around Ricky’s arm before crushing it. The other reacted fast enough to return part of it to water and make it float in the air again.

“Really, Kyuhyun?”

The other smirked, “Just testing out your reflexes.”

Clash!

Kyuhyun and Ricky looked to where the sudden noise came from and sighed when they saw part of the castle starting to smoke. The latter carefully returned the water back to the fountain before he and Kyuhyun walked their ways

Please log in to read the full chapter