A LIGHT OF CHANCES

LOVE ME TODAY, HATE ME TOMMOROW

“That’s all for today Mr. Song” as soon as his secretary finish reading his schedule for the day. They both heard the opening of the door. It was Song Qian.

 

            “It seems like I came in the right time” she said and made her way to greet her dad.

           

            “I guess your right honey” Mr. Song meets her in the halfway and welcomes her with a warm hug. “What brings you here honey?” Mr. Song ask

 

            “Well it happens that I miss you” she said

 

            “Is that so, or you want something to me, tell me what is it?” Mr. Song asks while guiding her to seat. 

 

            Song Qian glared at her father “so your saying that I’m here because I need something to you” she stand up “I better leave now” she said

 

            But Mr. Song is way too fast than her. He held her grip tighter and pulled her back to sit “I’m just joking honey, so no need for a drama act” he teased

 

            “Very funny” she said and playfully punches her dad’s tummy. Mr. Song laughed and pulled her into his embrace. Silence surrounds the two of them.

 

            “How’s thing between you and your mom” he ask although he knows what will be her answer. Every day he hopes that Song Qian would slowly open up things with her Mother.

 

            “Why did you ask?”

 

            “I’m just curious” he replies shortly

 

            Song Qian didn’t answer. It was not easy for her to forgive her Mother like nothing happen. She had been through at lot when she was still a kid. She grows without a mother figure on her side. It was not easy for her to be mature and face life’s challenges at the early age. Call her heartless she doesn’t care for she only do what she think what’s best for her. She couldn’t take another heartache if what happens in the past repeat itself. She sighed

 

            Mr. Song looks at her. He knows that it was the most impossible thing to happen right now. He can’t blame her, if he was in her situation, he was sure he wouldn’t able to accept her again.

 

            “I just wished that you will give your Mother a chance to be a Mother to you” he said while caressing her hair.

 

            “Let’s not talk about that for now Dad” she only said those things for them to stop bringing up that topic. For she know that she will only upset her dad with the answer she has in mind.

 

            “How about we go out for a lunch together dad, it’s been a while seen the two of us spend lunch date together” she said in a bright tone.

 

            “Hmm sounds interesting honey, how about we call your mom and ask her to join us”

           

            “Can the two of us eat together I mean, I miss spending time with you dad” she said with pleading eyes.

 

            “okay, but you have to wait for, me I need to finish my meeting first then, well get going after that” Mr. Song said

 

            “Okay. I’ll just stay here and wait for you.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _

 

            Nickhun was checking all the files he need for the business deal he was about to face. This is not just a simple business deal. This business deal will help their company to emerge worldwide. This is a project that his father wants him to handle and he couldn’t make any mistake. He has no idea what kind of person Mr. Choi was but all he knows is that he need to give his best today. A sudden phone call interrupts him.

 

            “Mr. Horvejkul, Mr. Choi is on the other line”.

 

            He quickly answer it “ Goodafternoon Mr. Choi”

 

            “Good afternoon Mr. Horvejkul, this is Choi Siwon, I just call to inform that my Father won’t be able to join us for today’s meeting something happen, but don’t worry I will be on his behalf, I will fully give my time to hear your business proposal, if you’re ready you can come to my office anytime.

 

            Nickhun was relief he thought he wouldn’t be able to meet Mr. Choi. “I’m okay with that Mr. Choi, I’ll be my way.”

 

            Nickhun shutdown his computer. He needs to do good today, for he knows that Choi Enterprises is the best to key to have a business deal with the Song Corporation.

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

“Excuse me; I have an appointment with Mr. Choi, Im Nickhun Buck Horvejkul”

 

“He’s been waiting for you, please come this way”

 

He followed her until they reach the office of Siwon. “Mr. Choi, mr. Horvejkul is here”

“Send him in’

 

As soon as Siwon’s secretary open the door wide enough for both of them, Nickhun doesn’t know if his eyes were only playing tricks on him or if he was imagining things with him. Right in front of him was his seductress man. How can he forget the face of that man, the man that stops him from getting his seductress? He stood their stone dead; nothing seems to enter in his mind. Facing him in unexpected time is something he didn’t ever imagine.

 

            “Welcome Mr. Horvejkul glad to see you” Siwon greeted him.

 

            Nickhun smiled awkwardly and offer his hand for a hand shake “nice to meet you Mr. Choi”

 

            “There’s no need for us to be normal, just call me Siwon” Siwon stated

           

            “Nickhun” he said

 

            “So we should keep on going”

 

            Throughout the meeting he couldn’t even concentrate. His mind was clouded with lots of things. What will happen if Siwon agree on his proposal? Does it mean that they are many possibilities that he could meet his seductress, will he recognize him? Those things keep on repeating on his mind like a movie. He didn’t notice that their meeting was over.

 

            “Well Nickhun, what can I say, I’m impressed and I will tell my dad about this so we could start as soon as possible” Siwon stated

 

            “I will look forward to it” it will be nice if you turn down my proposal that was the wanted to say.

 

            “Let’s put aside the business for now, how about a cup of coffee and few talking” Siwon offered

 

            “That would be nice” he simply replied.

 

            Nickhun was relieved that Siwon seems to be a nice person. They talk about business and things that they like. He was amazed that they both have similarities in few things. There talking was interrupted when Siwon secretary suddenly enter.

 

            “Mr. Choi, Ms. Qian on the line”

 

            Siwon suddenly smiled after hearing Qian’s name. He quickly excuses himself and went to answer the phone. The smile on his face couldn’t be hide. Nickhun saw that and he bet it was his seductress. After the conversation with Qian he continues talking to Nickhun.

 

            “Sorry about that” he said

           

            “No it’s nothing, I bet it was important to answer you girlfriends call first”

 

            “I also think so “. Siwon simply replied

 

            So he was right it was his seductress “it was your girlfriend?”

 

            “haha no it was not my girlfriend, I mean not yet” Siwon shyly ask

 

            Not his girlfriend. He suddenly became curious “what do you mean”

 

            Siwon took a deep breath “ let say that I’m in love with her, badly in love with her but I don’t think she feels the same way with me, I mean I always feels that she does but it was not clear.

           

            “So it was a one sided love?”

 

            “You can call it that way”

 

            “How lucky she is” Nickhun reply

 

            “Indeed she was, not to mention that she was extremely beautiful and breathtaking, here let me show you a picture of her, but I’m warning you don’t you ever try to woo her.” They both laughed

 

            That is something I couldn’t promise Siwon. He was right the moment he saw his phone. It was none other than his seductress, so there are not in a relationship that means he has a chance to shake off her heart. “She is beautiful” he simply said

 

            “I told you, wait how about you, do you have a girlfriend?” Siwon ask

 

            “I don’t have, but I am planning to win someone’s heart and I’m planning to do whatever it takes to win her heart” he said confidently

 

            “That what a real man should do, well I hope for your success and let me met her if it happens you win her heart”

 

            “I will do that” he said. Now that he saw a light of chances for the both of them. All he needs to do is to find her and made a first move to win her heart.