My Philippines Trip part 1

Living with a Dancing Secret

My PhilipSo here's my trip to the Philippines since a few of you have been wanting me to tell you. So we left America and we traveled over 40 hours to get to Mindanao. We arrived in Cagayan de Oro and had to travel up the mountain for 4 hours to get to my grandparents house. I'll skip the first week since that was pretty boring. We basically did nothing that week except go to a city an hour a way from the house called Valencia. We also went to my mom's and her siblings college called MVC (mountain view college) look that college up guys. If you want to study nursing or medicine, go there. I heard its the top school in the world for people wanting to work in the medical field. Some of the best nurses graduate from there. 

So on the second week my cousins from the UK came down. The day after they came, we went to a water park a few hours away (notice how I'm only saying hours? Yea...) called RR. It was seriously so much fun. 
But the ride up there was a bit scary  a large car accident (more like truck accident) happened. One truck swerved into a tree (the biggest truck) and another truck had a head on collision with another truck that was literally twice it's size! Since its not like America we were able to get out of our car and check the accident area. No one really cared if you check what happens there. So we were like CSI and seeing what happened. The smallest truck was HORRIBLE. It was said that the driver died. And seeing the truck. It was true. The window was completely gone. His side doors were so smashed together it must have been impossible for him to get out. The drivers seat was pressed against the wheel to the extent where even when the wheel was removed to get the man out, the chair was smashed against the wheel stick thingy. The truck it smashed into didn't have as much damage. The front glass shattered. So overall the 2 larger truck didnt suffer much damage (the drivers most likely just have a few cuts). But in the smaller truck, it was a double kill. The driver I heard died and that driver was carrying fish to sell in the city. The water park was actually 5 minutes away from the accident! 
Speaking of the water park, let's keep talking about that.  They have a lot of pools there ranging from 5.5 feet all the way to the kitty pool which is 2 feet. They even have a HUGE lap pool. So my cousins and I decided to go to every single pool there and will decide which one is best. Well, in short we all decided that the kitty pool was the best. LOL. and while there we played water volleyball and we just splashed each other. My friend Ariel (pronounce it as R-yell) decided it would be fun to just splash us the whole time. One of my cousins was like "the camera! The camera! Don't splash the camera!" since she wanted to take picture. She ended up doing the same thing with the chips she was eating.
 A few days later we cleaned the fish pond and I know what you guys might be thinking "Cleaning a fish pond? How is that fun?" well, while cleaning the first half, we ended up in this HUGE water fight (it was typhoon season and it was pretty windy that day so we all ended up with a cold the next day. -_-) and we said hi to these girls who were walking home (we were bored. Kids, never talk to strangers. We were on the other side of a gate and we had a HUGE German Shepherd with a really nasty bite) they apparently know Ariel (again, I say pronounce it as R-Yell.) and he invited them in. (Ariel lives in our grandparents house with his mom. They work around the house in order for them to live there and for Ariel to go to school. If you wanna hear the whole story about him and his mom, just write in the description box and I'll put up another update soon. They are basically family now to everyone) the girls were watching while we were cleaning and since I dont understand Cebuano that well I didn't understand most of what they were saying. I understood a part where one of the girls I believe had a crush on him do me and my cousin (we call her Cai. But that's not her real name) were teasing him and were like "ooooohhh~" while the girl was blushing like mad. But for some reason, Ariel just to me and gave me a tiny smile (I told you guys there would be some kind of love in this story. Oh and during my whole stay there. He never got onto the fact that I understood everything he said. Poor guy was so confused when I'd have the perfect reaction to anything he said) me being confused on why he did that just continued cleaning while everyone else was talking a bit. (I smelled of fish. I wanted to take a shower ASAP) 
A few days later we were in the city at a mall called NVM. We were looking for our truck and we saw a truck that looked VERY similar to our. We were about to climb in when something behind the truck squealed. It was covered by a tarp so we couldn't see it but we were so scared we screamed and ran! I was the last one to run because of my slow mind when it comes to things scarring me, it took me a good 10 seconds to realize what happened. My reaction wasn't as bad tho. I just jerked my body away from the truck and the people next to it told me there was a chicken inside. -_- I thought it was a freaking pig! We all found our truck and while we climbed in I saw a police officer go check out the area we were just in. He ended up leaving in a laughing fit! He thought there was something really scary happening since he heard so many screams and runs there to go find out it was some city girls scared of a chicken. Well on our ride back we passed a store owner who recognized us from a few days ago and said hi (a few days ago we said hi to everyone while we were sitting in the back of a truck. It was the end of a school day so while the students were walking we said hi to them. On our way back home the guys were like "I love you Atie!" Some people in a rice farm even stopped working to say hi to us. We said hi to so many people, that they reached all the way to the city.) we said hi back to the store owner and there was a motercycle behind us. Once we were in the country area the man on the motercycle said hi to us and started talking to us in Cebuano. The first question he asked was "where are you guys going?" me and Cai understood what he said but my cousin Sarah didn't have a clue what he said so when we told her she was like "I dont think we should tell him" she turns around and says "I'm sorry! We only speak english!" the man nods and a few minutes later he starts talking to us in English! I tried keeping a conversation with him since the other 2 were still a bit freaked out. I say goodbye to him when there was a small village ahead of us. He speed up and goes ahead to there. He stopped by a store and had the man sitting behind him go and get something in the store while he watched the motercycle. We passed him and he waved and said "hello!" the same time the other man was coming back. We say hi to him as we pass. The man starts his motercycle again and follows us! He starts talking to us again and I say goodbye again. There is another village ahead of us and he speeds up and the other man goes to the store while he watches his bike. We pass him and he's like "hi!" while waving at us again! I'm on the side of the truck that's closest to him and I literally said "OH MY-ah hello!" we got so scared that whenever a a motercycle would show. We'd disguise ourselves with towels. (we were in the back of the truck, so we would bring them for during the day when it would be hot and we didn't want to tan and the to shield our faces when a truck would pass since it leave a big dust cloud behind it. And it's also for the night because it can get really cold so we bring them as blankets.) very funny. 
It's a Saturday so we went to church (I'm a Seventh Day Adventist. It's another type of christian) after that we waited for our cousins to come from Cebu since it was my grandpa's birthday that day. When they come, we went to the spring right behind the farm and we got to swim. After that we decided to play games so we played this game that we call 1,2,3 pass! Where if you have 4 of the same cards, you win and everyone has to put their hand on top of yours. If you're the last person to put your hand on the card, then you lose and you have to do a dare. If you don't do the dare, you can't play the game anymore and that game was ADDICTING. Sarah came up with the worst dares. She made Ariel and my other cousin (we called him Pop eye or Popoy) had to take off their shirts and run around the house. Now, that usually wouldn't be so bad but there were maybe over 50 people there for my grandpa's birthday party. And we didn't know ANY of them. She made my younger cousin (we called him Boogie or I call him Boogs) stand on top of the dining table take off his shirt swing it around while singing 'I'm y and I know it' (he didn't do it) she had another one of my cousins act like a monkey, had me dance infront of everyone else, and had Cai act like a monkey also. We were getting sick of her never doing a dare because she's so dang fast! So she agreed to do a dare and my other cousin Sandy and I came up with this horrible dare she HAD to do. Downstairs, there was a table full of men in their mid-40's. She had to go down there and sing bomb while basically grinding on them (or in other words doing a y-y dance. If you wanna know what that is go check out the show super junior mini dramas. It's the episode where Siwon put money on a bet with Donghae where they had to get Kangin to kiss Leeteuk on the forehead) it was so funny! I wish I got that on video tho...... 
 

There's still more to that story you guys. I'll be posting part 2 soon this week. (hold me up to that promise and search for me with pitchforks if I don't update soon) pines Trip part 1