Goodbye...And...I'm Sorry.

T e a r s . . .

Onew held onto Hyejae’s hand and climbed the rest of the way, back to the place where they first spent their first night together. Hyejae ran to the viewing balcony and with a content smile, she said,

 

“I’ll never get sick of this view. It’s really pretty.” Onew walked up to behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Not as pretty as you.” Onew said into her hair and nuzzled her neck. Hyejae froze when she heard Onew say that.

 

Neither of them say anything for a moment. Hyejae’s heart was beating quick. She was afraid of what Onew was going to say to her next…she was praying that he wouldn’t.

 

After a few seconds, Onew turned her around and held onto her shoulder. He bent himself down a little so he was at eye level with Hyejae.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Hyejae’s head snapped up and looked at Onew.

 

“You shouldn’t have asked me that…” Hyejae said quietly.

 

She pushed Onew back and he stumbled backwards. When he had finally regained his balance, he looked at Hyejae, hurt.

 

“You shouldn’t have said that…” Hyejae repeated quietly. She began to walk away but halfway through, Onew grabbed her hand and spun her around.

 

“Why…? Why not…?” He asked quietly. Hyejae looked at Onew and forced herself to note cry.

 

“I haven’t forgotten yet…I haven’t…I can’t…I don’t…” She had having a harder and harder time controlling her tears.

 

She decided to make it quick.

 

“LET GO OF ME!” She screamed and shook him off her. She took a few steps backward and forced to make a sneer.

 

“What? You really think I have liked you this whole time? You really think that I’ll be together with you?! Stop day dreaming! Maybe you should’ve realized before! No girl is ever going to like a weak guy like you!” Hyejae turned around and ran off.

 

She held a hand over as tears began to stream down and down her face, floating back behind her.

 

She wasn’t ever going to forgive herself for hurting Onew like that.

 

She ran and ran, past the trees, pass cars and pedestrians.

 

Finally, she stopped and she slumped over herself.

 

“Eoteokke…eoteokke…” She said to herself over and over again.

 

She couldn’t love another every again. She was destined to be the person to always loose another in her life. She was destined to be the girl who would never get what she wanted.

 

She didn’t want to hurt him. She didn’t want to…

 

Being with him felt so right. She felt safe. She wanted to be with him. But she couldn’t. She didn’t want to hurt him.

 

“I can only look at you from afar…I’m sorry…I’m so, so sorry…” She said to herself over and over again.

 

“I’m so sorry Onew…”

 

***

 

He watched her leave and he felt so empty, so emotionless. He didn’t know how to react. Should he cry? Should he scream?

 

But, somewhere deep inside, he knew that she was lying when he said those words to him.

 

But, that didn’t stop the tears.

 

“What…?” He said to himself, as he felt his face and realized that it was wet. He laughed at himself and began to wipe his face dry but it wasn’t working.

 

“What? Why am I crying?! There isn’t anything to cry about…!”

 

But, the tears just wouldn’t stop.

 

Onew walked over to the balcony and the tears kept coming. His eyes blurred every few seconds as more and more tears began to drop down.

 

“I don’t want you to feel restricted…” Onew whispered to himself.

 

 

***

 

I hope this wasn't the ending everyone wanted...

Reminder: I wrote this fic when I was down so the ending is quite sad...I'm sorry. ><

Hope I didn't make anyone cry ><

Thanks to everyone who's stuck by my ^^

xxx