Staying Strong

T e a r s . . .

W A R N I N G : I have written quite a lot of romanization (in this story in general, not just this chapter), however, I do not know if they are right or wrong. It's all based on how I pronounce them so please don't critise me and say that I spelt it wrong. Kamsahmnida~

 

***

 

 

It’s sometimes good to be blind.

 

It’s sometimes good to be heart broken.

 

It’s sometimes good to be restless.

 

But why…why does it have to happen to me now?

 

Hyejae sat by her window in her bedroom and watched as everyone greeted each other on the streets even though they didn’t know each other. Everyone was holding onto bags and bags of presents that they were going to gift wrap at home.

 

Hyejae sighed and suddenly, her friend barged in and said,

 

“YAH! KANG HYEJAE! HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO STAY LIKE THIS?! THERE’S ONLY FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! WHY ARE YOU HOLED UP IN HERE?!” Hyemin shouted.

 

She and Hyejae were best friends since birth and there wasn’t anything that they didn’t tell each other. Jaehyun, our other dorm mate came into the door way and nodded in agreement.

 

“Hyemin’s right Hyejae. You should go out and get some fresh air!” Hyejae didn’t say anything and just continued people watching.  

 

Hyemin and Hyejae had met Jaehyun during a birthday party from their friends and had hit it off immediately. Even though their friendship wasn’t as strong as Hyemin’s and Hyejae’s they were still close.

 

“My brother invited me to a small company get together where there’s only going to be he and a few of his friends. You guys want to come?”

 

“YES!” Hyemin said.

 

Hyemin was a girl who was always high and could always get close to any one she wanted to. Hyejae was exactly the opposite. She was quiet and shy and didn’t get along well with people she didn’t know well.

 

“Hyejae? Are you going to come?” Hyejae turned to look at her two friends for a moment and then back out the window.

 

“I’m tired…” She heard Hyemin sigh and heard her ask,

 

“When is it?”

 

“It’s tomorrow evening after one of their events.” Jaehyun replied. Hyejae saw Hyemin nod from the corner of her eyes.

 

“Hyejae, stop dwelling on the past. He’s never going to come back…and neither is she…” Hyemin said quietly and then turned to Jaehyun.

 

“Kaja…let’s leave her alone and let her have a good think about her life and how she wanted to live the rest of her life.’ Hyemin began to leave but then Jaehyun said,

 

“Wait! I have something to give to the two of you! I have VIP tickets to SHINee’s concert tomorrow.” She handed one to Hyemin who was suddenly smiling like a crazy person when she touched the concert ticket.

 

Her room was filled with posters of Taemin. She was obsessed.

 

Jaehyun put a ticket in front of Hyejae and said quietly,

 

“Just think about it okay…? I know you like Onew…” She smiled at Hyejae understandingly and then left, closing the door gently behind her.

 

***

 

“Yah! Hyejae! Are you com-“ Hyemin shouted but when she opened the door and found that Hyejae was still sitting by the window, staring out, in her pajama’s, she stopped shouting.

 

“Well, I guess that’s a no then?” Hyejae turned to face her friend and smiled sadly.

 

“I’m not in the mood…bian…” She turned back to the window.

 

The sky was dark but the night was fresh and the stars were shining brightly and the moon was large and full.

 

Hyemin sat down next to Hyejae and put her arms around her.

 

“Why don’t you just forget about what happened…? Neither of them are ever going to come back…no matter how hard you pray…I’m sorry…but that’s the truth…”

 

Hyejae smiled sadly and said, her voice small and quiet,

 

“Just…give me some time to think things through. I’ll see you tonight possibly…”

 

“You’re going now? Jinjja-“

 

“HYEMIN! Are you ready?!” Jaehyun called out from her room. Hyemin shouted back that she was ready and then turned her attention back to Hyejae.

 

“You’ll be coming right? I won’t be disappointed right?” Hyejae turned to Hyemin and gave her a small nod.

 

“I’ll be there.”

 

Hyemin smiled brightly and then got off the bench where they were both sitting on.

 

“I’ll see you then okay? We’ll be off now.” Hyejae smiled and nodded.

 

Hyemin left with Jaehyun and suddenly, the house was quieter than usual. Hyejae got up for the first time in a few days and she felt her knees weak under her but she held onto the wooden chair next to her.

 

She began to walk, slowly at first but then getting steadier. She opened her wardrobe and looked at all her clothes that she hadn’t worn for a long time. She smiled and then said to herself,

 

“I’ve got to forget them and move on. I can’t let Hyemin or Jaehyun worry about me anymore.”

 

She looked through her wardrobe and ended up picking a long creamy colored hoodie that made her look cute with short demin shorts that were about to be covered by the hoodie. She took out a pair of long knee high socks that were white and pulled them on also.

 

She took out her cross body bag put in her leather wallet, her LG phone and her iPod touch with the VIP ticket for SHINee’s concert.

 

She sat down in front of her bedroom mirror and began to apply her eyeliner and put on some blush to make her face look more alive and less pale. She brushed her hair and then tied it into a loose bun. She pulled a few small strands of hair out and brushed her fringe to make it even. She smiled at herself and said,

 

“Hwaiting!” She got up and walked out of her bedroom. She sat down by the door step and pulled onto her knee lengthed wedged dark brown boots on and stood up.

 

“Kaja!” She said to herself and walked out of the apartment, closing and locking the door behind her.