The Situation Brought Up Again

T e a r s . . .

i updated for my friend, ime_fr/noneedtoknowme is having her exams come up soon and it's RARE for her to read fanfics, so, hope this update is good ^^

@eonni: ENJOY~! and shouldn't you be studying atm?! ^^ xxx love you~<3

 

***

 

“Oh, my God!” Hyejae screamed her eyes bright and wide. She turned to Onew and said,

 

“This is going to be so fun!” She said and ran to the first ride, a water slide. She turned to Onew and said,

 

“Onew, come on! Kaja!” She shouted and began to run off. Onew laughed and followed her.

 

They went on so many rides that they couldn’t count. Onew swore that by the time night came, they had been around the whole water park once, if not some other rides twice.

 

Hyejae was a very enthusiastic person. Onew kept on thinking to himself that the “Hyejae” he had met last night was a different person.

 

When Onew and Hyejae walked into a Chinese restaurant and ordered black bean paste noodles, Onew asked Hyejae,

 

“Hokssi, do you have a split personality?” The instant he said that, Hyejae was laughing like a…girl?

 

“Aniyomnida!” Onew was taken back. Why was she being so formal all of a sudden?

 

Hyejae smiled and looked outside the window. They were sitting beside the window.

 

“I just don’t want my mood swings to get into the fun. And plus, this was how I was before…the incidents…” Her voice trailed off and she continued looking outside.

 

“You like people watching huh?” Onew asked, trying his best to change the topic.

 

Hyejae smiled and turned to Onew while nodding.

 

“Ne, majayo. Have you ever seen Full House? It’s this drama with Bi (Rain). There was this scene when Han Jieun and Yoo Minhyuk, went people watching. Ever since I saw that scene, I fell in love with people watching. No one ever thinks twice about a person as they walk by. I just like watching people, how they walk, how the move. The way their hands move back and forth and the way people check their watches, making sure their not late to work. It’s interesting. Because, even in that split second I’m watching them, I can forget about my own worries and concentrate on another’s.” Hyejae said and looked over at Onew.

 

“Here’s your black bean paste noodles! Enjoy.” The waiter said with a smile and then walked off, serving another person.

 

“Let’s eat.” Hyejae nodded and then began to eat.

 

For the next 15 minutes they ate quietly and neither of them wanted to break the comfortable silence. When they finished eating, and Onew paid after a long debate with Hyejae, they both walked out and decided to go on a small stroll.

 

“So…do you want to continue with that game…?” Onew asked hesitantly. Hyejae stopped walking for a second and then continued on. Her foot steps seemingly become heavier.

 

“I…don’t know…” She whispered. It was nearly inaudible.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry! I was just bored…” Onew said quickly, trying to fix the awkward situation. But, it didn’t seem to make things less awkward.

 

“Onew…I have to go. You want to hang out later?” Hyejae said. It was 8.06pm.

 

“Sure. Tomorrow? I’ll come and get you like today if that’s okay with you.” Hyejae turned to Onew and smiled.

 

“Sure. Where are we going to go tomorrow?” Onew smiled and said,

 

“I’m going to have to do some research!” Hyejae and Onew laughed, ending their first date together.

 

***

 

The next day, the two of them went to go on a cruise that would carry them along the coast line of Seoul and Jeju Island.

 

“So, you must not like that game anymore huh?” Onew suddenly said as the wind was blowing towards them, making Hyejae’s long brown hair blow back behind her.

 

Hyejae sighed and replied,

 

“I just don’t know if I can be truthful anymore…I guess it was easier for me that night because I didn’t know who you were on the inside and you didn’t know me. So I felt like I was just telling someone.”

 

“Oh…” Onew replied and for another second neither of them said anything and then Hyejae said,

 

“Let’s play.” She turned towards Onew and held out her fist. Onew smiled and held out his fist.

 

“Scissors paper rock!” (Onew/paper, Hyejae/rock)

 

“Do you…want to go?” Onew asked hesitantly again. He was hopping he wouldn’t win because then he wouldn’t offend her.

 

“Ask me a question.” Hyejae replied.

 

“You must really like sceneries huh?” Onew asked without thinking when he saw Hyejae’s eyes go back to the water in front of them. Hyejae laughed in response and then said,

 

“Was that the question?”

 

“Crap! No! I was just wondering…crap!” Onew said and he cringed. Hyejae laughed again.

 

“Doesn’t matter. You can ask me your real question. I’ll answer this one first. I was actually wondering when you were finally going to ask me that.”

 

Onew didn’t say anything and just watched as Hyejae gave a small smile to the view in front of her.

 

“Sceneries always seem to calm me. They give me a feeling that no matter what’s wrong, as long as I’m there then I’ll be okay. Of course though, I don’t know where there is. I just get a calm feeling. It’s a bit like how I enjoy people watching too. It’s pretty much the same thing.”

 

Onew nodded in understanding.

 

“So, what’s your question?” Hyejae asked. Onew thought about it for a second and then said,

 

“Would you ever go back in time to fix anything you regretted doing or saying? If so, what is it that you regret?”

 

Hyejae didn’t say anything.

 

“That’s two questions…” Hyejae whispered. Onew swore that she was about to cry but it was something that he thought was there for a second but then it quickly disappeared.

 

Hyejae sighed and then said,

 

“I would go back in time before I came to Seoul. When I got the choice of whether or not I had to leave America to come here. That’s both something I want to fix and something I regret doing.”

 

Onew couldn’t stand Hyejae sad like this.

 

“Okay, let’s continue…”

 

The day ended with no more sad times and they both choose to forget what had happened in those very short 2 minutes. They didn’t want to ruin the mood with their past.