Home

Stranger Oppa

 

 

 

 

  “Sooyoung-sii, Changmin-ssi, Kai-sii, thanks for the past 2 days,” Richu bowed. “And.. I’m sorry,” “Ah, no problem Richu, as long as you’re alright now.” Sooyoung replied her. “We are the one who should say sorry,” Changmin added. Tao bowed, “Thank you for taking care of Richu too.” He smiled. “Of course,” they replied.

 

  “Hyung, the car is ready.” Sehun called Tao. “Oh, yes,” he quickly replied.

  Tao, Sehun, Changmin and Sooyoung walked out. Richu followed, but stopped by Kai who’s grabbed her hand.

 

  “Richu-ssi, I-I’m sorry. So, so, sorry..” 

  Richu remove his hand from her. “No, it’s okay,” He moved in front of her,

  “But what can I do for you? To cover.. all of this?” “Please, no need.” She gave him a cold look and continue walking.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

  “So, Richu-yaaaah~~ Richu-ssi~ huo~” Sehun sang.

  “What?” she replied him coldly. “Eh, ya! What’s wrong?  Bad mood? Eeey our Richu got temper.” He teased Richu like a choding. “Yes I am. Why?” she replied him back. “Haha stop stop you two. What’s wrong? Something bothered you?” Tao asked Richu while driving Sehun’s car. “Nothing oppa, really. It’s just.. UGH that guy!! He always come to my head. I mean- he does something bad to me right? I should forget him! Instead of.. remembering him..”

 

  Sehun curiously asked, “You.. like him? You like that total brat?!” Richu was surprised. “No! Its not that—“  “Did you enjoy what he has done to you!?” Sehun looked to the back seat where Richu sitted. “NO! Oppa please stop!” she shouted back.

 

  “Stop acting like a kid Sehun.” Tao added. “Hyung come on! You’re taking her side? And his side?” “I’m not taking anybody’s side. What exactly making you really mad? Of course she couldn’t forget him that easily. because it’s something that made her shocked. You know it yourself. What’s the big deal?”

 

  “Ah forget it!!” Sehun refused to talk more and closed his eyes.

 

  Ck. Little kid! Are you really blind or what? Or your memory condition makes you stupid too? Its because I care about you. I care, I care, I care!!

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

  “Kris! You need to attend a family gathering now!” Nana ran upstrairs. She oppened Kris’ room door. And she found him lying on his bed covered with blanket. “Kris? Are you sick? You’ve got a cold?” Nana asked him and a little bit worry. Instead of telling her that he’s alright, he pulled Nana to his bed. “Ssshh, I don’t want to attend the gathering.” Nana pulled herself back. “No, you must. Get up now!—“ he pulled her again. “Please, this time? Tell my mom that I’m not feeling very well. I need to go to a university for tutoring and finding Aesook. She won’t let me, I know. That’s why I need to put this drama on. You’re in?”

 

  She let out her breath, “Hhh, okay. This time.” “This time!” Kris repeat her. “For Aesook,” “For Aesook!” he grinned. Nana replied him with a smile. Kris peck her on her cheeck and put on his blanket. “Pssh, why are you always being a kid in front of me? But you never do that in front of others..”

 

  He put on his thinking face, “Because..... I love you?” he smiled.

  “Liar,” she gave him a shy smirk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

  “We’re here~!” Sehun shouted. “Waaaa it’s still clean!!” Richu followed. “Haha, of course little bear. The last time we step our foot on this house was the day when you... left.” The mood has crawling down. “Eh, ya oppa! What’s with the mood? Come one! Oppa, why are you always calling me ‘little bear’? huh?” she followed Sehun went to his room.

 

  Hm, so you’re now closer to Sehun than me aren’t you? She even called him ‘oppa’ comfortably.. He looks really care about Richu. And Richu feel the same too. Is he likes her? Or.. Richu likes.. him? I thi- it’s okay, as long as she’s happy right? But why I feel even more lonely when thinking about this—

  “Oppa! Let’s go eat after you unpack. It’s on Sehun oppa, hehe!” she came for calling him. But she went back to Sehun’s room.

 

 

  “Oh Sehun, Oh! Sehun! You’re name is funny!”

  “Eey! What funny?! You call me funny? Ohohoo you need a lesson, bear!”

 

 

  Tao heard their joke, laugh, and all. His heart aching so bad. But he doesn’t want him to like Richu. He’s her brother. It’s the only thing that Tao thinking all the time. But the longer he thinks about it. It makes him feeling more and more lonely and sad.

 

It’s for Richu..

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Is there any information about a lost of my sister?”

  “What’s you sister’s name sir?”

  “Aesook, Chang Aesook.” The police search her name on a ‘dinosaur computer’.

  “Uhhm, there’s no information, update, or anything. We still searching for her.”

  “Oh, okay. Thanks sir.”

  “You’re welcome, good afternoon.”

 

  Kris nodded. “There’s still no information?” Nana got up from waiting seat. “No, there’s nothing. They’re still searching for her..” He pinch his nose bridge. Seeing her boyfriend like that she tries to cheer him up, “Okay then, you must be hungry. Let’s eat!” she took Kris’ hand. “No,Nana, I’m not hungry,” he refuse to go. “Kris, you have to eat. Or else you’ll get sick. Not pretend to.” Her face turn serious. Kris wrap his arm on Nana’s shoulders and drag her out, “Okay, mam,”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

  They walked on the streets together. The three of them. “Oh, oh! Oppa! Look, a new movie is out! Let’s watch it, can we?” Richu asked Sehun and Tao. “Of course we can. But after dinner, okay? I’m extremly hungry,” Sehun replied with a slight pout. “Okay,” Richu walked first. Sehun followed her but Tao held his hand, “Sehun-ah, but you know that I can’t watch those kind of films right?”

 

“Ah yes.. Oh, you’ll be alright. You’ll sit beside me and Richu will be beside me too, so she won’t see you. How about that?” Sehun smiled and release his hand from Tao.   Not that! Even if I can’t watch those films, I still want to sit next to Richu! Ah he only wants him to sit beside her!  Tao grew a little bit grump and follow the two of them.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

  “Here,”   “Uh? What?” Richu asked and stare at him. “For you bear. You need to eat a lot so you will look like a real bear.” Sehun give her more meat. “Psh, I don’t want too. Oppa, for you!” Tao who’s silently eating by himself smiled, “Thanks,” and patted her head.

 

  Sehun grew jealous took the meat.  “Its for Richu!” Tao quickly gaze him, “No, she gave it to me!” he took he meat back. “Ya! I pick them for Richu. I took the most tender meat.. it has no burn at all.. And now you take it!!” Sehun pointed his chopstick to Tao. “She gave it to me! Your problem! And you shouted to your hyung now?!”

 

  Richu laughed so hard, she almost choked. Almost the entire restaurant  looked at them because they’re to noisy. “Oppa, oppa, oppa, oppa, ahahaha stop this!”  she tried to stop them. “No! He takes your meat!”  “I don’t, she gave it to me!” they argued. “Hey hey stop everyone’s looking. Or else I’ll just go. Keep argue about the meat. Byee~” she got up from her seat.

 

  “NOO!!” they stood.

    She looked at their derp face telling ‘you shouldn’t go’.

 

  “Ah really you two.. how could I know these kind of people..” everyone looked at them. Again. And now EVERYBODY, looked at them.

  “Sit, sit.. hurry eat so I can watch the movie.” She ordered them and they sit back down.

 

  “Oh hyung, you know that noona is still waiting for you right?” Sehun began to talk. He wrap meats, rice and garlic and put it in his mouth.

  “Yeah? So?” Tao reply him  cold.

  “Hyung, why don’t you like her? I mean, yeah she’s annoying. Very. But she’s rich, she’s not ugly, and popular.”

  “.... Plus, she likes you since the first time she met you. She’s kinda serious, dude.”

 

  Richu keep listening them talking. She got curious about the girl. She’s between curious and jealous.

  “No.” He rejected and disagree.

 

  Who’s the girl are they talking about?

 

  “Yaa.. Richu, look your oppa! He doesn’t even want to know how hard a girl keep running and try to catch his heart!” Sehun try to persuade Richu.

  “Ah well, oppa you can’t be that mean to a girl..”  “..... But, if you don’t like her then.. don’t push yourself..”

  “Ah yes, Richu good— What?” Sehun’s failed persuasion.

  “Well, you can’t force yourself to like this person. To love this person. Of course not. Right oppa?” she gazed at Tao and he gave her the sweetest smile he could ever gave to a girl. He mouthed ‘you’re good,” and she replied ‘thanks’.

  “Oh yeah, whatever. You’re right. But I’ll get a great smack if noona can’t even make an eye contact with you hyung.” Tao laughed.

 

BUZZZ

 

  Sehun’s phone vibrated. Crazy Idiot

 

“Uugh this idiot calling me.” Sehun looked at his phone.

  “Oppa, you’re not going to pick it up?”

  “She will only scolded me. Hhh,” Sehun about to rejected the phone call, “Pick it up.” “What?” Sehun’s eyes fell on Tao. “Pick it up, what if its urgent?” “Aaakh! She makes everything urgent.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

  They walked together with their hands holding eachother’s. They searched for the best restaurant. And at last they picked one.

 

  “Kris, we already know eachother for 4 years. Since I was still a freshman, and you’re a sophomore. And we’ve been together for 3 years. Suddenly, I’m  feeling that we’re already old,” Nana smiled and eat her Penne. “Well, I’m still older than you.”

 

  “When I was still talking in english because I can’t speak in Korean. And you’re the only one who speaks in english with me.” Kris recall their memories. “It’s because I was from overseas and I get used to use english!” they laughed.

  “If its not because of you, I wouldn’t speak in korea this fluent.” He smiled and hold Nana’s hand. “You will, you have so many friends here though!”

 

  “... it feels like it was just yesterday that we met. The first time I looked at you. And.. it was like just yesterday I met Aesook.”

  “Kris! Come on, I know you miss her so much. But you can’t always thinking about her but you don’t even thinking about youself.” She pinched Kris’ hand. “Yes, madam,”

 

  “Oh yeah! My friend, Nicole, you know her right?”

  “Yeah.. that nicole who’s on the same clique as you are right?” Kris remembered.

  “Eo, she told me that..... She’s going to married soon!!” she shook Kris’ arm.

  “Hoa! Good for her! So? You’re going to design a dress for her? Or you’re going to be her bridesmaid?” he pretends to doesn’t really care about the marriage, act all innocent.

   “What? No! Yes. But thats not it!” she’s dissapointed with his reaction. “So? What is it?” Kris’ acted. “Agh.. it’s.. nothing,” she pouted and continue eating.

 

  “Nana, you want to be like her soon?” Kris . “Well, who’s not?” “..I-I mean yeah.. of course everybody wants to get married..”

  “With who do you want to be with? Key? Woohyun? Jinwoon? Suho?” he again and again. “Ah you-! Of course with you! Who else..!”

  “Oooh, with me.. So you love me? What if I don’t?” Kris’ feet played with her leg. “Kris! So you’re not? Okay, fine. Whatever.” She pretends to mad and stand.

   

  He puts a small calamari to her ring finger, “Nana, this fried calamari means, I already reserved this ring finger. Nobody can put anything on this finger. Okay?” his face turned serious, and Nana knows, once he’s serious, he mean it.

 Nana beamed and smile. Kris reply her smile with a grin. She bit the calamari, and Kris eat the rest.

  “Kiss?” Kris offered her playfully. Nana nodded. Kris went over the table and leaned to Nana. He kissed her slowly, Nana smiled as he kissed her deep and lovingly. Nana kissed him back.

  Luckily, the restaurant is quiet and no one was there..

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “WHAT?! YOU RAN OUT FROM YOUR HOUSE?!”

[It’s not like I ran from my house! I just go for some days and.. maybe until my parents understand me..?]

  “It means.. YOU RAN!!”

[AH COME ON! Just give me a place to stay! Like.. Tao’s house maybe?]

  “NO! You definetly can’t!! And it’s our house, not his!”

[At least a place for me to stay idiot! I’ll tell your mom if you don’t search one!]

  “Then mom will tell your mom, MORON.”

[Just come here for now! Ah you’re too burdensome!!]

  “You’re the one who’s— Hello? HELLO!!” she hung up..

 

  “Damn that stupid old baby!!” he cursed on the phone and almost threw it. “What can you do? She’s your cousin, you’re already close to her, it means you can’t win, escape or even one level up from her.” Tao didn’t help anything to Sehun. Sehun back down to sit and eat the rest of his food on his plate.

 

  “Is she wants you to come?” Tao asked and lean his body over. “Uhm.” Sehun only nodded. Richu stopped his chopstick with hers, “You’re not going to meet her?” Sehun looked at Richu and Tao, who leaned over, and his eyes went back to his food. “After I finish this,” Tao and Richu looked at eachother and get back to their normal position.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

  “Hey, do you want to watch a movie? I’m kinda bored here just sitting.” Kris offered Nana.

  “Hmmm, okay. Beside we already sit in this position for almost 1 hour,” Nana’s head was on Kris’ shoulder, she leaned on his broad chest.

  “But, is there any good movies?” Nana got up from her position.

  “I don’t know, should we see later?” Kris Nana’s hair and curled it behind her ear.

  “Should we go for marathon?” She asked, “If you want to,” “Yes!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

  “Oppa, you should go. Your cousin waiting for you.” Richu waved her hand. “You— so you want me to leave? Okay!” Sehun walked away. “Leave Sehun, be careful!” Tao waved his hand, but Sehun comming back. “Hyung! You can’t be serious!” “She’s your cousin, not my problem,” he smiled and drag Richu with him. “Ah! Okay whatever.” Sehun leave them, “Bye oppa!” Richu waved at his back.

 

  “Oppa! Lets watch the movie!” Richu held Tao’s hand and pull him. “N-no, no, no, no, no!” Tao pull himself from Richu, “Why?” “I don’t like those kind of films..” Tao looked away. “Horrors?” he nodded, “Okay, we don’t have to,”

 

  “Huh? Don’t you want to watch it so badly?” he looked at her.

  “Uhm,” she nodded, “But if you can’t watch it, then, NO” they laughed.

 

  “Oppa, can I ask you something?” Richu’s eye on the ground.

  “Yep?”   “Who.. is the girl were you and Sehun oppa talking about?” she can’t looked into his eyes.

  “Ooh, the girl? it’s Sehun’s cousin, the one who called him earlier.”

  “Hmmm,” it keeps bugging in her head. “What’s wrong?” “Nothing!” she smiled to Tao.

 

  They walked together. “Richu, do you want ice cream?”

  “Of course, I’m not afraid of it.” She puts on her blank face, and they laughed again.

  Tao rufled her hair, “Ah you—“ that time he realize she was wearing a headband. Richu looked up to Tao, “Oppa? Whats wrong?”

 

  “Ah, nothing. Just realize that you’re wearing a headband. Its cute, where did you buy it?” he let out a grin as Richu hung on his arm.

  “Ooh, this headband? Sehun oppa bought it for me. This clothes too. He gave me a pair of shoe, but it has heels, and I don’t use to it.” She smiled and swung his hand. But Tao’s face fell.

 

  You went so much with Sehun. I don’t want to make this complicated but.. No. You can’t be Tao. You don’t like her. Or am I..

 

  “You like it?” Tao asked her, “Yep, its cute right? We went to the market and your campus too.” She grinned to him heartily. Tao fake a smile. They stopped and he touch her face, “As long as you’re happy Richu, I’m happy.” His smile turn into serious face. He moved one step forward. Richu touch his hand, the one who touch her face. The street was busy, the crowds was noisy. But it was silent for them.

 

  Their silentness stopped when they snapped out and realize that they’re feeling something strange.

  Their heart skip a beat and blood were rushing through their veins.

  They stepped back and continue walking side by side without a voice..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“AESOOK!!”