Play a Role

Stranger Oppa

 

 

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong..? Who is he?” she sounds worried but with blushing face. “He.. he’s my friend? Yea-yeah you don’t remember him. He lived with us too.” Tao introduced Sehun. He bowed “Hello, I’m—“ Tao nudged Sehun’s arm. And Sehun quickly greet in informal ways, “Hi, hehe, I’m Sehun. Do you remember..me?” he scratched his head. “I’m sorry..” Richu apologize and lower her head.

 

“Richu, I think I should tell you now that.. that room, is Sehun’s room. Its so messy that you can play treasure hunt there. You really are can find ‘treasures’. So you can’t enter it. Okay?” Tao pointed at a room door. “Eh ya! What are you saying—“ Sehun pushed Tao’s hand down. “But I already enter that room,” “What?!” both Sehun and Tao surprised. “When?” Tao asked. “When you were gone, I cleaned all the entire house.”

 

  “So you...” both of them pointed at their room and looked at each other.

  “Yes, I kinda saw your...”

 

  Their eyes got widened. They both ran to their rooms and screamed in embarrassment. “Richu!! With what did you pick them all?!” Tao screamed in a panick. “So you saw mine?! WAIT! Did you see the red one?!” Sehun keep searching his ‘stuff’. “Richu! Why did you clean the room so perfectly?!” Tao checked his wardrobe. “Richu, please, it’s too perfect” Sehun followed with another complain.

 

  Richu giggled, “It’s okay, don’t be so panick!” she laughed. “NO ITS NOT!” the dumb and dumber keep running and checked if their stuffs are saved. “Here, I picked them using tongs. From the kitchen, I know its gross but I boiled the tongs after that. And your.. Red? I think it’s in the laundry basket. You know I’m so sorry to be so ignorant about your privacy and all. But I just want to help for now.” She apologizes and explains what happened.

 

  “Oh.. it’s okay if it was like that then..” Tao turned his body. “Yeah, I think it’s okay as long as you don’t pick them up with your hands.. it makes me feel like I’m not a anymore..” Sehun added. But it doesn’t help anything of course.

 

  “Okay, now are you two hungry? Let eat! I bought meats yesterday.” Tao broke the awkward silence caused by Sehun. “Let me prepare first,” “I’ll take the meat and the lettuce!” Richu and Sehun runs to the kitchen.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

He looked at the white door for almost 10 minutes. He doesn’t even move a muscle. Only his eyes were moving. At last he touched the door knob. He opened it carefully not tobreak a thing. He finally enters the room.

 

  A pure white and soft pastel colors blur his eyes. With this warm aura, he could collect all the memories. When the first time they moved to this house. The first time they greeted and talked to eachother. Until now he seemed to lost her. He lost his ‘nobody’ sister. Even though they only know eachother well for 5 years. But they already shared so much memory.

 

  He sat on her bed. “So this is the bed that you always lie your head on? Why is it much more comfortable from mine? Daddy’s princess,” he chuckled. And then he lied on her bed.

 

  Almost falling asleep but..

 

  “Kris..! Are you up there? Nana’s here!” his mother called him. Nana.. oh she’s back from States. “Oppa! Hiiii, so you’re here!” she came in with her long legs covered with leather legging and boots, she’s still wearing a coat, and her soft long and dirty blonde hair falls perfectly. “Yes I’m here baby,” he couldn’t help but smile seeing his beautiful fiancé runs into him and hugged him. “I was looking for you, I miss you,” she hung her hands on Kris’ nape and smiled brightly. “Hm, me too, you’re good?” he reply her smile with a peck.

 

  “Yea, uh, where is Aesook? She promised me she’ll pick me up at the airport last time!” She went to Aesook’s bed. “She’s..not here.. I don’t know where is she.” Nana quickly get up with shocked face, “What do you mean?” Kris turn his body to face her. “I have no idea too. You know how my mom hates her right? She did this. Just don’t tell her that I told you this. Can you just pretend that you don’t know anything about this?”

 

  “But why did she do this to her? I mean, Aesook did nothing wrong. I know what to do, but have you searched for her?” the mood is getting serious with this situation. “Of course I have. I already report it to the police, we need to wait. But I’ve searched her with my friends too. Many people said that she’s dead. But I don’t even believe once.” Nana took Kris’ hands and hold them. “I’m sorry about this Kris.. how long has it been?” she fixed his hair while he’s staring her eyes. “A week. A week since she’s gone.”

 

  “Okay then. We’ll search for her again after this. Now, you should go downstairs and eat your dinner. Go!” she fixed his clothes and pat his arm. “Yes mam!” he put his hand in front of his forehead and lean to her. “Kiss?” he plead. “Hmmm, no.” Nana chuckled but Kris was still waiting. “Okay,” and she kissed his cheeck, but Kris turned his head. And ended up as a lip-to-lip kiss.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “Oppa, where are you going?” Richu asked Tao who’s packing his clothes into his travel bag. “I’m going to have a trip. Well it’s not a trip as well, I’m going with my lecturer to Japan for a week.” Tao explain. “So you’re on it? I thought you’d cancel it.” Sehun came with a toothbrush in his mouth.

 

  “No, since you’re here, now. You can watch over Richu while I’m gone. So,  you’ll stay here with Richu, tell me if something happen. Okay? Richu, becareful of him. And you,” he pointed at Sehun. Sehun pointed at himself following Tao.

 

  Tao finished with his packing and took a spare key of their house. “Bye, be nice to her Sehun. Richu, I’ll be back, it’s okay right?” he patted her head. Richu did the same thing to Tao, she’s on her tiptoe, “I’ll be okay!” and smiled. Tao’s face became red, as red as a boiled lobster. She gave him a soft laugh and Tao reply her.

 

  “Aiish.. Stop, stop, stop!! Tao! You should go! And Richu, let’s play!” Sehun looked jealous as ever. “Ey, don’t play to much! And don’t ask her to play your games!” Sehun looked pissed with Tao’s words. “So, bye,” Tao send them his brief farewell. “Byeee!” the two left said.

 

  “So.. Should we play?” Sehun gave Richu an evil smirk.

  “Play..?” Richu worried.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “Hiyaaa! We’re here!!”

  “So we’re playing here?”

  “Yep! A market. Why? You haven’t been here before?”

  “I don’t know.. I don’t remember. Even oppa is the one who buys me clothes.” She looked at Sehun with her thinking face.

  “Hhh, that smart pretty boy. And he buys you these clothes? No. No can’t do!”

 

  “I.. kinda like it,” she looked at her cotton dress. “No, I’ll buy you a new one. You like dresses right?” She nodded. “I’ll buy you a silk dress, how about that? And  high heels, and some natural make ups.” Sehun excitedly imagining Richu wear all of them. “Uh.. Sehun-shi, are you sure?”

 

  “Hm! Trust me!” he nodded, and so Richu is. Sehun realize, “Oh yeah, what were you calling me? Sehun-shi? Why are you so formal?!” Her eyes widened. “You’re younger than me right? Just call me ‘oppa’. Sehun oppa,” he smiled, “Try!”

 

  “Sehun..oppa,”

  “Good job sunrise!”

  “Sunrise??”

  “Your name, Ri Chu, Sunrise. It’s Chinese.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

   Kris is driving his fancy car, and a girl beside him asked him. “Hey, let’s go to a traditional market.” “What? Why would you go there?” Kris gave her a glance. “Just want to, okay? Lets gooo!” “Nana, what for? Shouldn’t we go to a big market instead? Supermarket? Or mall?”

 

  “Hhh you don’t know how I miss Korea.” She pouted. “You were there only for 2 years, lady. How could you miss home that much?” he said jokingly. “Hey, Kris! Let’s just go okay?” Kris laughed as his fiance getting annoyed. He pinched her nose, “Okay, okay we’ll go,”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “You often go here? Play here?”

 

  “Ehm, its fun,” he’s talking with a lollipop in his mouth. “Ooo, so it’s fun for you..” Richu seemed not agreeing. “Ck, you haven’t tried what fun is, huh?” he looked at her with disbelieve face. “Hmm, what do you mean by fun is?”

 

  “Little girl, follow me.” He dragged her and ran to a shop.

 

  “Here! Here it is,” they went into a fish shop. “Ah! Sehun-ah!” an old woman called him. “Oh! Halmeoni!” he walked towards the woman. “Aaa, it’s been long doesn’t it Sehun-ah? Now you’re already sooooo big.” The grandma patted his arm. “Ey, halmeoni! We met a month ago!”

 

  “Omo! This is Sehun’s girlfriend? Waa our Sehun really is a grown up man now!” she held Richu’s hand and shook them. “Ah? I am not halmeoni..” her cheeks blushed as the woman said that. “See, see, Sehun-ah, this pretty girl is shy. She must be really likes you!” the woman kept saying that she’s his girlfriend.

 

  “Halmeoni! Come on, she’s not my girlfriend. She’s only a friend. You don’t want to embarrass me in front of her right?” Sehun tried to persuade the grandma. “Oh yes, Sehun doesn’t want to get embarrass in front of his girl, huh? Okay okay, I’ll go. Here, some rice cakes for you!” the grandma understands Sehun and gave him a big pack of honey and peanut rice cakes. And the grandma leaves.

 

  “Oh! Rice cakes?” Richu pointed at the rice cake packs and poked it several times. “Yes, you like it?” he talked and opened the pack. “Eum, I like it,” her eyes already searched for the best taste rice cake. “Aaaaaa~” he placed his hand that holding rice cake in front of Richu’s mouth. “What?” she has no clue. “Open your mouth! Aaaaaaahh~~” she followed him, “Aaaaa~”  “-Hmmm” he followed her motion.

 

  “How does it taste?!” Richu keeps chewing the rice cake with her eyes closed. “Yaaah, Richu-yah! Is it good?” he shook her body, but Richu still ignored him. “It’s.... it’s the best..” she slowly opened her eyes. “It-it is?! She never gave me a good one! Ever!”  he protesed but Richu didn’t look or hear him even once. “Ya! Ya! Do you hear me? Is there any alcohol or poison that makes you like this?” but Richu took another rice cake. “Hey, hey stop! You don’t listen to me,” he took the rice cake she was holding. “Aah why?! It’s mine!” she tried to take it but she couldn’t reach it since Sehun raised it up.

 

  “Oh? It’s yours? Oh? Oh? Is it?” he

  “Yes!! Its mine! Mine! Mine! Give it to me!”

  “No! Aaahm!” he quickly ate it in one shot. “Hmmm, delicious,”

  “You!— ah. Whatever. “ she pouted and walked away.

  “Hey.. hey, Richu wait up. Don’t be mad,” he chuckled as he saw her cute angry face.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “Oppa, come on!” She lead him into the market. “I want some fresh sashimi!” she grinned as she held Kris’ hand, “Hey, hey, wait up baby.” They almost run and their feet almost always touch to wallows.

 

BRUK

 

  “Ah— Ya!”

  “I-I’m very, very sorry.. Oh my god,” she looked at a pack of rice cakes that already fell into a wallow, she bumped into a guy.

  “Hey! It— my-my rice cakes! I want compensation! Now!”

  “Ya, what did you say?” Kris take a lead for Nana.

  “They were all—“ the guy looked to Kris,

 

  “Su-Sunbaenim.....”

  “What did you just say to my girlfriend, Sehun?”

  “No-nothing, sunbaenim! I-I was just joking, how could I ask for a compensation to some rice cakes..” Sehun looked frightened.

 

  “What are you doing here?” Kris talked with a cold tone. “I-I was playing..” Sehun answered. “With? You girlfriend?” Nana added with a bright tone. “No, with my friend. Hehe,” now he totaly looked awkward, with his bad manner to a-girl-who-dropped-rice-cakes that is totally sweet, he should be ashamed. He is.

 

  “Oooh, but she’s a girl right?” she asked again. “Uhm, yes,” he answered. “Aaaawh so cute! Just like when we were younger, right Kris?” she looked awed and shook Kris’ arm. “Eh, yeah, of course babe,” he was very embarrassed and blushed.

 

  “Eeeey, so you have this kind of side to your girlfriend too, huh sunbaenim?” Sehun began to tease Kris. Kris gave him a killer gaze instead of smile like what he did to Nana.

 

  “Eh, sunbaenim, sorry but I think I need to go. She waits for me.”

  “Okay, see you next week,” he gave him a permision.

 

  “O-okay, bye sunbaenim,” he bowed. “Sunbaenim’s girlfriend,” he once again teased Kris and gave Nana a bow. “Bye Sehunnie!” Nana said goodbye with her lovely smile.

 

  “So, mam, should we search for fresh sashimi?” Kris reached his hand to Nana.

  “Should we?” she smiled and gave him her hand.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “Hey! You’re really are here?” Sehun poked her back playfully. “Eung, where would I go? You’re the one who know this place. Should I say this is your ‘kingdom’?” She gave him a hotbar. “Psh, no. I’m not a market boy!” they laughed.

 

  “Oh! I just realized,” he quickly looked at Richu. “What?” she replied. “You were talking in banmal little bear. Are you that comfortable that you forget?” he said playfully and pinch her arm. “A-, sorry. I just thought that you’re just like a friend to me. And, yes, I forgot. But you seem comfortable though..” she looked down. “Yes. I am. Let’s talk in banmal from now on!” he raise his hand to high five. But Richu didn’t respon. He took her hand and place it to his. “Cak! Yeaah!” he grinned

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “RICHUUUU!!”

  “Euhm..? what?” she wokenup by Sehun’s voice.

  “Come on! We got to go to my campus!” he quickly took his bag. “What? Why?!”

  “Just want to introduce you to some friends,” he put his innocent face and push Richu to the bathroom.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  His car moved forward and backward. “Here we... Are!” he finally parked his car.

 

  “Whoaaa so this is your campus?” Richu awed by the buildings and the parks. “Yes, and Tao’s too!” They moved out from the car. “You got a scholarship here?” she closed the door. “Uhm.. nope, but Tao did,”. Richu grinned, “My oppa is so cool!”. Sehun immediately slam his door, “Yes, he is! But I’m cool too! I’m rich that I could go to this college and pay it fully!”

 

  “Ya, ya whatever. You rich kid. But it’s better if you got a scholarship too.” They walked together leave the car. “I wanted to,” Sehun pouted, but Richu laughed. Sehun took Richu’s hand. “Ya, what are you doing!” Richu took it back. “Hold your hand of course! You don’t want to?” Richu got silent and looked at her tiny feet. “Sorry bear, but its not an offer.” He took Richu’s hand quickly and put their hands inside his jacket pocket.

 

  Richu couldn’t do anything but to hold his hand back. Sehun smiled. Richu blushed.

 

  “Sehun!!!” a guy called him from a distance.

 

  Richu looked to the direction and saw a guy with doll-like face ran after them with some kind of files on his hand.

 

  “Luhan hyung!” he walked towards that guy, his senior, Luhan. Sorry. I mean his BEST SENIOR EVER.

  “Sehun!!”

  “Luhan hyung!!”

 

  And.. they hug eachother tightly. Okay. Richu, sorry for this scene. She shouldn’t be there this because.....

 

  “AAAAAAKH!!! So tight!! I-I-I-I can’t breathe!!!” this, could happen. It’s happening.

  “Uh? Richu? I- We’re sorry!” Sehun pushed himself back since Richu was between Luhan and him.

  “Ekh, agassi! Gwencana?” Luhan quickly bowed.

 

  “Eikh hyung, it’s okay. Why are you bowing? You’re too much. She’s younger than you like a lot.” Sehun got a bit sorry for Luhan for being sorry. “Ah, yes it’s okay. I was just.. Squished? Euhm, don’t take it seriously!” of course this lovely girl gets sorry too. “Re-really? Ah.. I’m sorry for being too polite. It became a habit, and I’m a bit shy too. So.. you know,”

 

  “Eish hyung! Stop that you’re nice! And yeah shy too. Towards girls,” Sehun teased Luhan. “E-ey what are you saying kid!” his face became red. “Oh! Hyung! You’re really are shy! Haha let’s stop this-HAHAHAHAHAHA CAN’T HELP IT YOU’RE SO FUNNY!!”

 

  “Oppa! Stop it!” Richu held Luhan’s hand and dragged him somewhere. “Whe-where are you going?! Hey! Richu!”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

  “Oppa, Do I know you?”

  “Eh? No.. we just met, right? What are we doing hereon a roof top?”

 

  She ignored the last sentence, “Yes but.. I think I know a guy who’s at the same age as you are..”

 

  “I have a lot of friends. But, we never met before.. and it’s impossible for you to know a guy who’s at the same age as I am. Except if you have a brother.”

 

  “Euhm.. I have one,”

  “Who? Maybe I know him, because, you seem really want to know..”

  “Tao oppa,”

  “Tao? But he’s 3 years younger than me. The one who has a little sister is only Kris,”

 

  “Ya!! Why are you here!?” Sehun called them from a far. “Oh Sehunie! Why didn’t you say that she’s Tao’s sister?” Luhan asked rapidly. “What.. you know?” “Yes, she told me.” Luhan replied. Sehun looked at her.

 

  But her eyes stared at the brick floor. She looked ill. Or stressed.

  No. Yes. But. Who? Do I know a guy named Kris? Why is it so familiar....

  All thoughts came to her. Memories keep bugging her.

 

  “Richu—“ Sehun moved a step. He’s worried.

  Just then, she fell.

 

 

  “I-I’m Kris.” “You’re not mad?”

  “Do you like chocolate?” “So, this is for you. Eat it, okay?”

  “Come here!” “I’ve got something for you,” “Do you know what is this?”

  “Daddy’s princess! Wake up,”

  “Ssshh.. Don’t cry.. Don’t cry.. He’ll be sad there.”

  “Hey! Let go my sister!!”

 

 

  “Kris..” a tear dropped from her beautiful eye, and wet her skin.

  “K-Kris?!” Sehun and Luhan surprised –ofcourse— with what comes out from Richu’s mouth.

  “Richu, you need to go—“

  “No.” She stood up. Left Sehun and Luhan.

 

  “Sehun, you need to talk with her.”

  “Of course I will hyung. But, maybe later..”