Reaping Part Two

The Hunger Games (HIATUS)

THIRD PERSON POV

After their little 'chat' Suho and Heeyoung parted ways. They both had to get ready for the Reaping in the Town Oval. Heeyoung went back home to get ready. By the time she got home, her little sister and mother were already dressed. Heemae was in a long beige skirt with a blouse with flowers on it and her long dark brown hair was braided into two pig tails.

"You look pretty Mae-ah." Heeyoung complimented.

"Thanks Unnie, but I bet that you're gonna be even more prettier than me when you out on Umma's dress." Heemae said.

Heeyoung turned to her mom,"Are you sure?" She asked her mother.

She nodded,"Yes, it's been many years and you're already grown up."

"Ok, let me get washed up."

Heeyoung walked into their bathroom and began to wash-up the dirt from Suho and her hunting trip. She got done cleaning up, there was a dress laid out on her bed:

"It looks the same as it used to 8 years ago." Heeyoung said.

"I didn't take it out until today." Her mother said. The dress was their mother's when she wore it at her first Reaping. Heeyoung quickly slipped it on and tied the bow on the front side. Her mother came up to her and did her long blonde hair:

"Thanks Umma." She said.

"You're welcome. Now lets head on now to the Oval," She said.

We wallked there until we had to be seperated. Umma had to go to the adults side and Heemae and I went in line with the other children. Since this was Heemae's first Reaping, she started to freak out.

"Unnie, Unnie what are they gonna do?" She started whispering franticly.

"It's ok Heemae. They're just gonna make sure that you're here." I reasured her. After two kids it was Heemae's turn. "It's ok, just go."

She stepped forward and the Peacemaker took her hand diligently and pricked it and put her blood on the paper. Then it was my turn, Heemae walked over to the side where the other children were and I wouldn't take my hands off of her. The Peacemaker took my hand and when she was done, I quickly pulled back my hand and bgean to look where Heemae went off to. It took me a long time because there were so many other girls on the side and by the time Tiffany Hwang came out, I wasn't able to find her.

"Welcome everyone to the 74th Annual Hunger Games." She said in her Capitol accent. "And may the odds be ever in your favor~"

The crowd was silent in District 12, but in District 1,2,and 4 the crowds were cheering their heads off.

"Ladies first."She said and reached her milky white hand in a clear class bowl. The bowl was filled with girl names. Only District 12 was the only district that had girl Tributes. We thought that it wasn't because all the other dirtricts only gave male tributes. Her hand roamed around the bowl and gingerly picked a small piece of paper. She qucikly took out her hand and went straight to the microphone.

"And the female tribute is....." She slowly unfolded the paper and read it.

"Please don't be Heemae." Heeyoung thought.

"Joanna Park!" She said.

Heeyoung cringed, they would always call the girl Tribute by their American names. The rest of the girls quickly found 'Joanna Park' and opened an isle for her to walk through. 'Joanna' slowly made her way to the stage. Halfway there she heard her Korean name being called.

"HEEMAE!! HEEMAE!!" Heeyoung called. Two Peacemakers came up to stop her, only to make them let her go."I volunteer!!" Heeyoung cried. "I volunteer for Tribute!" The Peacemakers quickly let her go.

"Come child. Come now, hurry it along." Tiffany called. Heeyoung walked up to the stage only to stop when her name was being called.

"Heeyoung!!" Heemae called. But was quickly stopped by Suho. He ran out of the boys section and ran to Heemae. She kept screaming her name until Suho picked her up and carried her to their mother.

"Tell me, what is your name?" Tiffany asked.

"Jessica Park." Heeyoung said.

"Oh~. I bet my buttons that was your sister." She said.

"She is." Heeyoung quickly answered. She stood there trying to process what just happened. It happened so fast. Her sister bring called, her shouting that she would voluenteer, then BAM! she was on the stage.

"Now you stay here and let me pick out the Male Tribute." Tiffany said. Tiffamy walked iver to the other side of the stage were the males name were. She plunged her hand in and quickly took it out.. She walked over back to Heeyoung and recited the name.

"Kevin Woo."