The other side of the story.

Unlucky I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

*Jaejoong’s POV*

“I’ll fetch you okay? Just wait for me there. I’ll arrive in 10 minutes. I love you~” I told Mi Yeo over the phone. She just giggled and replied ‘I love you more~’. I went inside my car and drove to her company’s building. Yeah, it’s been 2 years since we came back together. The road here wasn’t that easy, you know?

- Flashback -

I know this is wrong. I know I’m in a relationship yet I’m going out with Jessica. I’ve been ignoring Mi Yeo for weeks now because when I talk to her or just see her, my conscience is telling me that everything with Jessica is wrong. She asked me if I could go with her tomorrow to go shopping, but I rejected her invitation because I have a big meeting for that day.

Jessica called me the next day and asked me to go with her after work. I accepted it, telling my secretary to cancel the meeting for that day. I can’t turn her down; I’ve been waiting for this moment to come. Jessica is ‘voluntarily’ coming to me; I can’t just push her away. One dinner with her wouldn’t hurt right? I was so busy minding my thoughts that I didn’t check my phone for any messages or calls.

“Happy Birthday Oppa!” Jessica greeted me when we sat down for dinner in my favorite restaurant. Oh yeah I forgot it’s my birthday today. Mi Yeo didn’t remember it? She asked me to go with her today – but for shopping? She’s so busy with her work that she forgot it’s my birthday? Just then, I looked at the table behind Jessica and saw a familiar figure, as if she’s waiting for someone. I thought it was you, Mi Yeo-ssi. But I remembered you said you’re going shopping in the mall.

I told Jessica we’re going to Jeju this weekend. She squealed in delight. I can see happiness on her face. Then the girl at the table behind her just stood up and went out of the restaurant, maybe her date stood her up.

Mi Yeo doesn’t call or text me anymore. Maybe she’s busy. I called her office but her secretary said that Mi Yeo filed a leave for a week. Maybe she just wants quality time with her family. I’ve been busy with the company and I rarely check my phone. Days passed, and I’m signing papers on my desk when she called. She asked me to go with her to the Lotte World tomorrow. Her voice sounded sad, something’s wrong? But I didn’t bother asking her. I told her that I can’t go because I have meetings tomorrow, when the truth is I’m going to go to Jessica and tell her that I’m going to stop dating her because I realized that everything is not right. But Mi Yeo-ssi sounded so desperate so I have no choice but to accept her invitation.

 

Maybe she’ll tell me what’s wrong.