Saving him.

Unlucky I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

I thought I was lucky that I fall in love with a guy who was my best friend. I thought I was lucky that nothing opposes when we went into a relationship. I thought everything is going my way. I thought the happiness I felt will last forever. I thought you will be always right here by my side. I thought we could make it through the obstacles. I thought I would wake up each morning seeing that handsome face of yours and I’m going to kiss you and tell you that I’m going to make breakfast for us two. I thought I will see you smiling when we’re shopping for our baby’s clothes. I thought I will see you happily playing with our kids in the backyard. I thought we will last forever.

Love is so damn complicated, isn’t it? One day your happy, the next the world turned their backs against you, including your loved ones. I didn’t know I will reach this point in my life where I’m going to sacrifice my all just for him.

 “No!” I shouted when the man pulled the trigger of the gun which is pointed to Jaejoong. Things happened fast. I struggled to get on my feet, amidst the ropes tied to my feet and hands. When I succeeded, I threw myself – in front of Jaejoong. What is this? I felt something hit my chest. I landed on my side and saw blood pooling around me.

I saved him, didn’t I?

Jaejoong was shocked. He saw me throwing myself just to save him from the bullet. The bullet that must’ve hit him. He saw me on the ground and also the blood coming out from the bullet wound and is now pooling around my weak body. He knelt behind me, untied the ropes and scooped me in his arms. I’m in his arms again.

I was coughing badly, blood coming out of my mouth. Even though my sight is getting blurry, I can still see his face. Are those tears forming in your eyes? Are you crying – because of me?

“Don’t . . .  cry,” I told him, still coughing.

“Babo! Why did you do that? Are you insane?” he said, tears now falling from his eyes.

“I . . . I – I just w-want to . . . s-save you.”

“Why would you do that, huh?”

“I just want to see you happy.”

“Happy when you’re dying? You’re really crazy, Lee Mi Yeo.”

He cried more. He does not care now if Jessica is smirking behind him because of her revenge was successful.

“Oppa, I can’t feel my arms anymore . . . “

“Don’t talk anymore, Lee Mi Yeo!”

“S-she . . . J-Jessica, sh-she’s the . . . “

“I told you to not talk anymore. Hang in there; I’m going to save you.”

“Y-you don’t need to. J-just save . . . yourself.”

Jaejoong cried more tears. He’s crying – for . . . me.

 

“I love you, Lee Mi Yeo.”

I smiled, even though I didn’t hear what he said. Then everything went black.