Being a good friend.

Unlucky I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

After a year, Jaejoong still has feelings for Jessica. And he still hasn’t confessed. And me, well, I’m still being a good best friend, helping him towards Jessica. Still hurting myself.

And that day came, the day when Jaejoong finally gathered enough courage to tell Jessica what he feels. To make me realize that I don’t even stand a chance. During lunch, I told Jessica to wait for me in the school garden after classes. The truth is, Jaejoong will come instead of me, and he will finally confess to her. Romantic? Psh.

After classes, Jessica really went to the garden. I’m the ‘look-out’ for Jaejoong. I texted him that she is in the garden now, and that he should confess now. Jaejoong went, slowly approaching Jessica. When Jessica saw him, I texted her that I can’t come because my parents suddenly called me. Yeah, I was peeking on them; I’m behind a wall where I can still hear how Jaejoong confesses. How he say those words that will break my heart into pieces.

“Jessica, I have something to tell you,” Jaejoong started. Jessica looked at him, oblivious of what he is feeling. “I . . . I l-like you!” Jaejoong confessed, bowing at her because he is really shy. And there it goes, he said those words and for me, it hurts. I can literally feel the pain that pierced through my heart; my heart that is only for my childhood friend.

She stared at him, dumbfounded. After a few minutes or so, she started, “Thank you Jaejoong but, you can’t like me.” Jaejoong still hasn’t got up from his almost 90 degree bow. “I’m going to US after graduation and I don’t know when I will come back or if I will ever come back. And you can’t like me because –“ I leaned in, to hear what she is going to say to Jaejoong, “because I like someone else. Nope, I love someone else,” Jessica stated, emphasizing the word ‘love’ as if rubbing salt on Jaejoong’s wounds. Jessica waited for him to respond. I was waiting too, but no, he didn’t stand up or moved or fidgeted. He stayed bowing. Jessica doesn’t like wasting time so she hesitantly walked away. When she was gone, he was still bowing but now, he was shaking.

 

He is crying.