Chapter O6

Complete makeover

Someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Go away. If you're asking me to clean the house, do laundry or even eat, I won't come down. I got no appetite to eat." I screamed from inside the room.

"But it's bento box and rice cakes. Oh well, maybe I should just throw it away.." that person's voice was trailing off. Surely I know it wasn't Daehyun. Besides, he doesn't know that I like bento box and rice cakes. I ran towards the door and quickly opened it.

Ha Joon. The only guy who knew that those were my favourite food.

*FLASHBACK*

The small little girl was crying after being bullied. The bullies took away her lunchbox and her transport money. Suddenly, a small cute boy approached her.

"Gwaenchana?" he asked in a very soft voice. She was still crying when she looked at him. Then she shook her head.

"T-They took away my lunchbox and my money."

"Omo.. here, I have some rice cakes and bento box for you." she continued looking at him when he passed her the bento box and rice cakes.

"B-But it's yours." she tried to give it back but the boy gave it back to her.

"Gwaenchana, I have mine too. You can have it. You'll starve if you don't." she smiled lightly at him. This was the first time someone gave her food.

"Gomawo gomawo!" she bowed continuously.

She started to eat her food. The boy was looking at her and smiling. "Mata?" She looked at him and smiled widely and also nodded.

"Why aren't you eating?" she looked at him.

He smiled shyly, "Hehe, nae.. It was cute seeing you eating. I'll eat now." He opened his bento box and started to eat.

"I'll feed you! Since you've been kind to me, I'll repay you back by feeding you!" she started feeding him and both of them had a great time.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"Jaehyun. Yours?"

"Ha Joon. Ee Ha Joon." she smiled and nodded.

"Let's be friends!" he also nodded and showed her his pinky.

"Let's be BEST friends!" both of them locked our pinkies together and continued eating. Soon, they became best friends until they graduate from kindergaten. But then, they lost contact when they went middle school.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Ha Joon-ah.. what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the guys?" I asked with my most laziest voice.

"I was, just now. After they showed me the new basketball court, I told them that I had to leave. So, I went to get some bento box and rice cakes and visit you. But I guess that you don't want anyone here. So I'll leave." he turned around and started walking away. I could sense that he was sad and disappointed. I sighed and back-hugged him.

"I didn't say that I don't want anyone here, pabo-yah. You're my best friend right? Why should I let them leave just like that when they even bother to come here just to visit me." I smiled lightly. He turned around and hugged me. He was really happy.

"Really? So you're ready to become my best friend again already?"

"Hmm.. that.. I can't answer yet. You've been missing for so long! It's awkward when suddenly you came back. You just come and go." I frowned.

"Aww.. don't be like that. I had to leave because of really important reasons. I'm just really glad now that I finally found you!"

"EWW. Don't be so cheesy! Later people think that we're a couple."

"Aren't we one?"

"No, and will never be. I rather be in a dreamland and wait for my prince charming to come and propose to me." I said in a very girly way that people will puke if they hear.

"That.Was.So.Eww. It doesn't suit you, Jae." I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Anyways, who is that prince charming? OH! I know! Aron hyung right?"

"I just treat him like a sunbae."

"Err.. Ren?"

"No, he's a diva. I just treat him like my close friend."

"Minhyun?"

"OMGOMGOMG. NIGHTMARE!!!! That annoying pabo!" I screamed.

"Hahahahahaha! Now there's only 2 left.. JR and Baekho."

"I-I...."

"See! You're speechless right? You don't know who to choose right?"

"W-What are you talking about? T-They're just my f-friends!"

"You're stuttering! Looks like someone's in love. Sigh. I just came here, thinking that you'll be here for me. But then you like them."

"Look, listen here, Ee Ha Joon. If you're here just to disturb and make fun of me, might as well leave!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Don't get so uptight, sweetie. Come on, let's eat. I know you're hungry." I sighed and went down to the living room and sat on the couch. I the tv and started eating the bento and rice cakes that Ha Joon brought. I just kept quiet.

"Hey, are you still angry at me?" he pouted. I just glared at him.

"Look, I'm really sorry okay?"

"Whatever."

"I'll make cupcakes for you tomorrow okay?"

"Like I said, whatever cupcake boy."

Soon after that, Ha Joon had to leave because of his important reasons again.

"I'll make it up to you next time. It's really really important."

"That is what you always say last time. I know you're really busy, it's okay."

"Sorry again! Bye!" he left. Now I really went back to bed and went to sleep REALLY early.

[THE NEXT DAY]

When I walked to school, it seems that no one came to bully me. I wonder what happened. From far, I saw NU'EST and Ha Joon. They were talking about something.

"Jaehyun-ah!" Baekho called. I had no where to run, so I went to them.

"Annyeong.."

"Are you free tonight?"

"I guess so.. Waeyo?"

"Go out with us!"

"Where?"

"Somewhere! It's a suprise!"

"Oh. Okay."

"We'll pick you up tonight!" I nodded and went to class.

After class, I went to the canteen to grab some food. I was searching for the members, but they weren't there. They ditched school, again. I thought. When I got my food, I sat down at the usual spot that me and the rest sat. There was a paper bag on the table. I look at what was inside the bag. It was a nice cropped tee, a tank top and three quarter. Then beside it was a box of cupcakes. Finally I knew who it was. I saw the note inside the bag and read it.

Dear princess,

Yo! Sorry we ditched again! Well, I guess you knew our attitude already, so we don't need to explain further. We might be at the arcade now! Or maybe, hanging out at hyung's house. Anyways, we got you this clothes because we know you're comfortable with these clothes. I was actually planning to buy you a dress, but I knew you wouldn't want to wear it. So I got you this! Hope you like it! Anyways, the cupcakes are from Ha Joon hyung. He personally made it for you and he's sorry about last night. What happened to you two actually? Something going on, eh? One more thing, probably you're wondering why the bullies aren't here to bully you today. That's because they've already been taken of before we left. Anyways, wear this later! We'll be seeing you tonight! OMG, can't wait! Seeya!

From your geeky but cool at the same time,
Ren, NU'EST & Ha Joon ;)

I can't help but to chuckle at Ren's goofiness. I'm really happy that they came in my life and protect me. They are really my guardian angels.