One Goodbye is Hard Enough

Someone To Save You

OMG!!! Guess who is back??? ME!!! I'm so glad to be back. I know I havent updated in a loooong time. I had so many issues. I had multiple computers, then i was sick and then i was just plain old lazy. I dont have a computer (of my own) at the moment. So, I had to write the old fashion way...pen and paper. I hope you guys enjoy the new update. Also, thank you so much for sticking around this long, waiting for an update. I hope this doesnt disappoint you. ENJOY!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another typical day at work for Shin Hyun Ae. Jung Soo was walking by and she could tell something was bothering him. She caught up to him to talk. "Hey Jung Soo." Hyun Ae said. Jung Soo ignored her. Hyun Ae tried again to gain his attention. "Jung Soo, is everything okay?" she asked. "I just wanna be left alone right now." he whispered and went back to his office. "Whats wrong with him?" she asked herself.

Lunch came around and Hyun Ae went to her usual spot. Jung Soo was still upset about something, Hyun Ae didn't think he would show for lunch. Much to her surprise, he showed up. There was an extremely awkward silence between the two of them. "Umm..hi Jung Soo." Hyun Ae said. "Hey Hyun Ae." Jung Soo replied. "Sorry about earlier, I just have something on my mind." he said. There was a hint of sadness in his voice. "What's wrong?" she asked. Jung Soo got nervous from her question. He packed up the courage to tell her. "Hyun Ae?" he asked. "Yes?" she replied. "I don't know how to tell you this, but...I leave for my mandatory military service in a few weeks." he confessed. Hyun Ae dropped her chopsticks. She couldn't believe what her friend was saying. "What?" she asked. "I said, I leave for my mandatory military service in a few weeks." he repeated himself.

Hyun Ae was feeling so many emotions. "You can't leave." Hyun Ae said, choking on tears. "I have too Hyun Ae." he told her. At this point, Hyun Ae was crying her eyes out. "I'm gonna miss you." she sniffled. Jung Soo took her into his arms and tried to comfort her. "Shh...I know. I'm gonna miss you too." he said. "You're like my best friend. Hell! You are my best friend. You've done so much for me." Hyun Ae leaned against his chest and continued to cry. "You're my best friend too. It's only two year, I'll be back." Jung Soo stated. "That seems so far away." Hyun Ae practically yelled. "Hey, hey." Jung Soo lifted her head up, so she was looking at him."It'll be here before you know it, okay?" he reassured her, she just nodded.

After calming down, Hyun Ae headed back inside. It was hard to focus on work. Her best friend was gonna be gone for two years. How can she not be sad? She knew he was gonna be safe, but she still couldn't help but worry.

Later that night, after she was done at the station, Hyun Ae headed to her bartending job. She couldn't really focus there either. She had customers yelling at her, got drink orders wrong and kept spilling things. Finally around 3 am, it was time for her to head home. After talking with the babysitter, she checked on the kids, before slipping into bed next to them. She couldn't sleep at all.

Finally, Hyun Ae gave up and got out of bed. She got a glass of water, hoping that would help. After finishing her water, she layed down on the couch. Where she finally managed to fall asleep.

*3 Weeks Later*

Shin Hyun Ae was dreading this day because she knew it was Jung Soo's last day, before entering the army. The company threw a goodbye party for him. It was bittersweet knowing she eventually had to say goodbye.

Hyun Ae was standing by herself. She just wanted to go home, but she knew it would break Jung Soo's heart if they didn't say goodbye. Hyun Ae decided she needed some air, so she headed outside.

While standing outside, Hyun Ae didn't notice Jung Soo joining her. She looked at him, but then quickly averted her gaze. They didn't know what to say to one another. "Well..." Jung Soo said, breaking the silence. "Well..." Hyun Ae repeated. "Hyun Ae?" Jung Soo asked. Just him saying her name made Hyun Ae wanted to cry, but she was trying to be strong for her friend. Jung Soo took her and pulled her into his arms. She let her tears flow onto his chest. "Jung Soo, I'm gonna miss you so much." Hyun Ae cried. "I'm gonna miss you too. More than you know." he said. He lifted up her chin and wiped her tears away. "Take good care of Emilia and Sealey . Give me that one promise, okay?" he asked. Hyun Ae nodded and Jung Soo kissed her forehead.

The party was coming to an end. Everyone said their last goodbyes to Jung Soo. Hyun Ae was ready to head home. She grabbed her jacket, and when she did, an envelope fell out. Hyun Ae quickly picked it up and saw it was from her secret admirer. "What the...How..." Hyun Ae stuttered. She took her jacket, and letter, and headed home.

On the bus ride home, Hyun Ae got curious of the contents of the letter. She couldn't wait to open it. Hyun Ae opened the letter and began to read.

  Dear Hyun Ae

      How are you? Have you been well? I regret to inform you that this will not be a happy letter.

      Tomorrow, I am leaving for America to study abroad. I will be gone for two years. Take care of Emilia, Sealey and yourself.

Sincerely,

Your secret admirer

Hyun Ae felt her heart sink as she reread the letter. The one last person, besides her kids, that makes her happy is gonna be gone. Hyun Ae had been crying a lot lately and this was no exception. Her best friend was leaving for the army and now her secret admirer is going to America. Hyun Ae felt like her world was falling apart.