World So Cold

Someone To Save You

 

Yay!!! Finally and update. LOL. I hope you got your tissues ready. J/k. It is a little sad though, aww :(
Please dont forget to comment and subscribe. Thanks ^___^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was just another struggling day for Shin Hyun Ae. She was scraping together what she could find in the shack. She was trying to make lunch for Sealey and Emilie before sending them off to school. “Kids all mommy could find was some rice, a little bit of bread and some tofu.” Shin Hyun Ae told her kids. She could tell in her kids eyes that they were disappointed and wanted more. After sending her kids off to school, Shin Hyun Ae headed to work at the TV station. She was secretary for the station, SBS. 
 
She took phone calls, made appointments, and made sure everything was running smoothly. Shin Hyun Ae rarely talked to anyone at the station, with the exception of one person. “Hyun Ae!” Shin Hyun Ae’s co-worker called for her. “Ah, Park Jung Soo.” Hyun Ae greeted her co-worker and her only friend at work. Park Jung Soo was the only one she could talk to and not get judged. He was the only one at work that knew about her home life and her past. 
 
It was lunchtime at work. Jung Soo and Hyun Ae headed outside to enjoy their lunches. “So, how are things at home?” Jung Soo asked. “Things are still the same. No food, late rent, hungry kids. I just wish I could give them more.” Hyun Ae said as she thought about the life she wish her and the kids had. “Well you know I’ve told you before that you, Emilia and Sealey are welcome to live with me.” He said, gently giving her a friendly hug. “I know. Its very sweet, but the three of us living with you…well I feel like it would be a little crowded.” Hyun Ae said in protest. “I live by myself, its fine.” Jung Soo reassured Hyun Ae. “No thanks.” She said once again. “Please Hyun Ae?” Jung Soo was starting to kind of irritate Hyun Ae. “I said no thank you!” an irritated Hyun Ae said to her friend. “You know, I think it’s time to go back inside.” Hyun Ae gathers up her things and heads back inside. The rest of the day was pretty normal. At three o’clock, it was time for her to get home. On her walk home, she of course walked past the apartments she one day dreamed of living in. 
 
Later that night, Hyun Ae was trying to prepare dinner but she didn’t have much. “Umma, I’m hungry!” Her daughter Emilia exclaimed. “I know sweetie, mommy is trying to do her best.” Hyun Ae was trying to keep her daughter calm. “Umma, is dinner almost ready?” Hyun Ae’s son Sealey asked. “Like I just told your sister, I’m trying my best.” Emilia and Sealey were getting more and more impatient. They would groan and whine. They would keep repeating “Umma.”
 
“Mommy is dinner ready yet?” Emilia asked yet again. “Not yet.” Hyun Ae said irritated with her kids. “I’m hungry, we didn’t have a lot to eat for lunch today.” Emilia reminded her mother. “Honey, I know…okay?” Hyun Ae was really starting to get aggravated. “All we had was rice, bread and tofu.” Emilia said. Finally, something inside Hyun Ae just snapped. “Emilia , I know! Its all I could find and I know you and your brother are hungry! Now will you please stop reminding me!” Hyun Ae yelled at her kids. She rarely ever yelled at them, but something inside her just exploded. Emilia and Sealey then stayed quiet until dinner was done.
 
“Dinner tonight is rice and tofu.” Hyun Ae said as she served dinner. Emilia and Sealey whined and groaned. “Mommy….I’m sick of rice and tofu.” Sealey was whining along with his sister. “Mommy…..I don’t want rice and tofu.” Emilia said. “You know what, fine! Don’t eat! Go to bed hungry, see if I care!” Hyun Ae had finally had enough with her kids complaining. Emilia and Sealey got up from the table and went to bed without dinner. Hyun Ae sat at the table feeling bad about yelling at the kids. Later that night, Hyun Ae apologized to the kids and she told them that she loves them. 
 
The next day, the kids had a day off of school. The three of them were spending it together. They were playing Candy Land, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. “I got it sweeties.” Hyun Ae left her kids and she opened the door. When she opened the door, it was the landlord, Mr. Yang. “Oh annyong Mr. Yang.” Hyun Ae bowed. “Miss Shin, I’m not too happy right now.” Mr. Yang said in a stern voice. “Wae?” Hyun Ae didn’t know what was going on. “You’re WAY behind on rent. As in 6 months behind rent.” Hyun Ae’s jaw dropped. “Bwoh!!! That cant be right.” She was still shocked at what he just told her. “Oh, its right. Trust me. Either you pay me $2,000 by the end of the month, or you are gonna be evicted.” Mr. Yang said as he handed her a notice. “You cant do this! Me and my kids don’t have anywhere else to go!” Hyun Ae told Mr. Yang. She kind of lied as she thought about Jung Soo’s offer. “I can and I will. $2,000, end of the month.” That was the last thing he said before walking away. “Aish!!!! I don’t have $2,000. Where the hell am I gonna get that kind of money?” A worried Hyun Ae went back to the kids and they could tell something was wrong. “Mommy, whats wrong?” Emilia was concerned for her mommy. “It’s nothing honey…mommy is okay.” Hyun Ae was trying to fight back tears. Suddenly, Emilia and Sealey both hugged there umma and
they both said “I love you mommy.” Hyun Ae didn’t hesitate to hug them back. “Mommy love you guys too.” She said as she planted a kiss on both of there foreheads.