Blackout

Someone To Save You

Hey everyone!!! Finally an update. Yay!!! I'm sorry for it being so late, I got busy working on a video and then I would put off the story. Well...I'm glad I finally got it done and I be you are too. Lol. I hope you enjoy :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few weeks since Sealey told Hyun Ae that he hated her. Since then, he has forgiven his umma. Hyun Ae was happy her son wasn’t mad at her anymore, but on the bad side…the bills were piling up and Hyun Ae was stressing out. On top of that, her job was putting together a new drama and the phones would ring off the hook everyday. She was getting yelled at by her boss and running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Hyun Ae thought she could forget it all when she got home, but then she would be reminded of her pile of bills.

One day Hyun Ae was going through the bills trying to figure out what needs to be paid first.  She decided to call the water company first. Hyun Ae figured that one was most important. “I understand I am late on paying my bill…I don’t have the money to pay for it right now. I have two kids and a house to take care of. I don’t see why you can’t give me an extension.” Hyun Ae said irritated at the water companies customer service representative. “Okay I under that Ms. Shin, but we have already given you two extension on the bill. We can’t give you another extension. I’m sorry.” the worker told Hyun Ae. “Please? Can’t you just make an exception just this once? My kids and I need the water for showers, cooking, etc.” Hyun Ae begged to keep the water on. “I’m sorry Ms. Shin, I can’t give you an extension.” She told Hyun Ae once again. “Fine. Thanks for the ing help!” Hyun Ae angrily said as she hung up. She called all the companies she owed money to and she got the same answer when she asked for an extension. After calling the last company, Hyun Ae was finally fed up and headed to the liquor store that was down the road. 

When she got to the liquor store, she scanned the racks looking for the right bottle of wine to satisfy her. She finally found the right one, when she realized she didn’t have the money to pay for it. Hyun Ae really wanted that bottle of wine and she wasn’t going to ask someone else to buy it for her. She stuck the wine under her jacket and started to walk out of the store. She was almost out when….”She’s stealing that bottle of wine!” One of the other customers in the store yelled out. When Hyun Ae heard this, she ran out of the store as fast as she could, still holding onto the wine. Luckily, no one was brave enough to chase after her and the store didn’t call the cops.  When Hyun Ae got home, she wasted no time popping the top and started guzzling down the sweet tasting alcohol. 
 
Later that day, when Emilia and Sealey returned home from school, their mom was nowhere to be found at first.  Then they looked in there mom’s room and they found her on the phone cussing. “Well….kk you. All of you can kissss my fat KOREAN…..!!!” a drunk Hyun Ae hung up the phone and then turned to see her kids in the doorway. “Oh hey….kiiiidddsss. Come here and give mommy a hug.” Hyun Ae opened her arms to her kids. Emilia and Sealey hesitantly walked over and gave there mom a hug. “Hooww…was…school?“ Hyun Ae asked. They pulled away, smelling something unpleasant on there moms breath. All they could say was good. Emilia and Sealey just stared at there mom. They knew she wasn’t being her normal self. “Mommy…are you okay?” Emilia finally packed up the courage. “I am….never better…sweeethearrt.” Hyun Ae said as she stood up from the bed feeling a little dizzy. “Whoo…mommy almost fell…over.” She just laughed and stumbled her way into the kitchen. Hyun Ae barely managed to fix her kids a snack. After she fixed the snack, Hyun Ae stumbled over to the couch and layed down, with the wine bottle still in her hand. “Emilia?…Sealey?” Hyun Ae called for her kids. “Yes mommy?” They answered simultaneously. “Mommy….loves….yo-” Hyun Ae slurred as she out. Emilia and Sealey went over to the couch and saw there mom just laying there. They thought she was just taking a nap and ignored it and went outside to play. 
 
Park Jung Soo was on his way over to Hyun Ae’s to drop something off for work. He had to deliver some paperwork that Hyun Ae needed to put into the computer. Park Jung Soo knew she didn’t have much, so to brighten up her day, he bought her a bouquet of flowers and bought Emilia and Sealey each a Pororo stuffed doll. When he pulled up, Park Jung Soo saw Emilia and Sealey playing outside by themselves. He immediately got out of the car and went to them. “Emilia, where’s your mom?” A worried Jung Soo asked the little five year old girl. Emilia pointed into the house and Jung Soo didn’t hesitate to go inside. When he got inside, he found Hyun Ae laying on the couch unconscious. “Hyun Ae?….Hyun Ae?” Jung Soo called her name and he got no response. Then, he noticed the bottle of wine and then knew she had out. Jung Soo decided to be the good Samaritan and stay to watch over the kids. He covered Hyun Ae with a blanket, took the bottle of wine from her hand and headed outside to bring the kids inside. 
 
Park Jung Soo decided to fix the kids dinner. They had no problem agreeing to that. He fixed Kimchi Stew, since it was simple and quick to make. While he waited for dinner to cook, Jung Soo went to check on Hyun Ae. She was still out like a light. Not too much later, dinner was ready. “Mr. Park…it smells delicious.” a hungry Emilia told the nice man. “Aww. Well I’m glad you think so.” He said to her. Jung Soo served the kids dinner before serving himself and the kids attacked the food right away. 
 
Just as Jung Soo finished watching the dishes, Hyun Ae woke up from her “nap.” “Aish! What the-” Hyun Ae said trying to get up, but she grabbed her throbbing head. Jung Soo rushed right over to her. “Hyun Ae!” Jung Soo kneeled down beside her. “Park Jung Soo…what…what are you doing here?” Hyun Ae asked confused to why he was in her house. “I just came to drop off some stuff you need to put in the computer. When…I found your kids outside by themselves and you passed out.” said Jung Soo filling her in. “Omo! The kids! Where are they? Are they okay?” Hyun Ae asked frantically. “They’re fine. They are in the room playing. I fixed them dinner and they ate. So everything is fine.” Jung Soo said calming her down. “Oh thank you so much Jung Soo. I must have out when I was drinking a bottle of wine.” Hyun Ae tried getting up again but she fell back down due to the pounding in her head. “Here, let me get you an aspirin.” Jung Soo got up from the couch and went to get an aspirin. Jung Soo came back with an aspirin and a glass of water. “Here you go.” Jung Soo said handing Hyun Ae the medicine. “Thanks Jung Soo. Not just for the aspirin, but taking care of the kids while I was passed out.” Hyun Ae thanked her friend. “Its no problem, I was just being a good friend. Well, I gotta get going. Are you gonna be okay?” Jung Soo asked before leaving. “Yes, I will be fine. Thanks for all your help.” Hyun Ae thanked him one more time. “You’re welcome. Bye Hyun Ae.” Jung Soo said. He surprised her by planting a kiss on her forehead before walking out the door. After he left, Hyun Ae went to check on the kids and saw them playing with there toys. She couldn’t help but smile and then she went to pour the rest of the wine down the drain.