Hunting isn’t always Fun

My Stranger Guy

 

“What did you say?!!?!!” Hyesung shouted from the other line. I put my phone a little far from my ear but I can still hear her complaining voice.

“I said I’ve just met that gangster manga boy!” I shouted back.

“Why?! I mean, how?! How did that happen?”

“Yah! Don’t yell at me! This is what happened. I was walking to my home, I saw an empty can. I got bored and kicked it. I didn’t mean it but I broke a car window. I guessed that car was Suho’s. He and his group ran after me. Thank God I’m still alive.”

“That was your fault, what came to your mind when you kicked the can?”

“Yah! I’m your bestfriend and you’re on their side?!”                                  

“Oh, right. W-wait. Did they recognize you?!” she asked. Her tone was serious.

“I guess no. Why?” I answered, confused.

“You’re sure? Because when someone did anything wrong to them, they won’t stop until they make their revenge.”

“Yeah I’m sure. Besides, I’m not afraid of them—“ a five-second silence. Then I realized something. “Oh my God.”

“Why?”

“Hyesung, they noticed my uniform. They know my school.” She didn’t answer. I froze.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                I didn’t feel like going to school today. Especially when my life was threatened.Hyesung went to my house to fetch me. But she needed to drag me out of the house before I agreed to go. She literally dragged me out. I tried to act normal but my body kept on producing sweat.

“Stop that. You look like a retarded.” She put her glasses on.

                I made a face. I turned around and walked, decided to go home. But she reached for my sleeve and dragged me, again. We were about to pass through the main gate when I saw six guys standing there. My eyes widened when I saw those six guys who chased me last night. Those exact faces. I flattened myself on a wall. Hyesung, still gripping on me, but now on my wrist. Tightening the grip, she dragged a little.

“Hyesung-ah! Do you want me to die?!” I told her.

“But I want to see him!” she said, smiling. I realized there were a lot of girls circling around them.

“Aiish Hyesung! Instead of having a crush on that punk, focus on your studies!”

“Okay! Okay! Let’s go to the back gate.”

                And we did. I sighed seeing that the back gate was safe. When I finally settled my back on my seat, my phone rung.Unknown number.Silence. No one was talking.

“Hello? Who’s this?” I asked, eyebrows knitted.

“Hi can girl. Where did you go last night?” from that voice, I froze. “We’re not yet done can girl. Do you know how much was that car you broke—“ I ended the call. Damn. How did he get my number?! I gulped. My phone vibrated. A text message from an unknown number saying: “We’ll hunt you down can girl :)” I turned my phone off. Shoot.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I didn’t focus in any of my subjects today. My head was so bombarded—with plots, on how to escape from those gangsters, I was walking to the gate when Hyesung called me. I looked at her and I widened my eyes when I noticed one of the gangsters outside the gate.

“Oh! The can girl!”

                I moved swiftly. I ran towards the back gate. Then someone held my arm. It was Hyesung. Oh yeah, she’s a runner. I envy her with that.

“Yeonhee-ah, faster!”Hyesung yelled.

“I’m sorry I’m not a runner!!!!” I yelled back.

“Only two of them are chasing us. Where is Suho?” she said with a disappointed voice.

“I’m going to die here! Stop looking for him!” A few running steps and we reached the back gate. I wasn’t focusing on the things around me. I did nothing but run. As I was about to cross the road, I noticed a car moving towards me. Adrenaline rush, why aren’t you working? I thought I would die by the hands of those gangsters, but I would rather die by this car. I closed my eyes. Then I felt someone pulled on my blouse. We lost our balance because of the sudden movement. I tilted my head to see who saved me. SHOOT. My eyes widened for the nth time. Our lips were together. Suho’s and mine.

“Oh my God.” I heard Hyesung said.

Damn my life.