Meet the Stranger

My Stranger Guy

 

“Have you heard about the news? He knocked down another gangster boy last night!”

“He saved a girl from that badass guy.”

“How lucky she was! I hope he’ll save me too!”

                Save your face girl. I told myself. That guy again. Suho, I mean. He’s totally famous for his bad boy title. And every girls thinks that he’s cool, except for me. There’s nothing cool about him, even he’s like one of the characters in my favorite mangas. He and his group are fond of knocking other gangster groups from different schools down. Is there any difference? He’s no different from those guys he fought with. I don’t get why these girls love him. Uhh, these crazy fangirls. I finally reached my classroom and headed to my chair when my bestfriend appeared beside me.

“Hey Yeonhee-ah! I got something to tell you ab—“

                I didn’t let her finish. I knew it. “If this is about that gangster manga boy, don’t ever talk to me again, Hyesung.” I saw her frowned a little in my eye span. I chuckled.

“Aiish, let me talk first! And besides, he’s not a gangster manga boy you know.” She pouted.

“He fights with gangster, so he’s also a gangster. And, I’ve heard about it for about ten times from those crazy girls out there, at the streets, on the grounds, on the corridor. Can’t I hear anything else aside from that gangster manga boy?”

“Stop calling him that!” she pushed her glasses through her nose.

“What do you expect me to call him? Whatever, you’re crazy.” I brought a manga book out of my bag and started to read another chapter.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

                After dismissal, I ate ice cream with Hyesung, I gave her a treat for a peace offering. She nearly cried after what I said this morning. Tsss. My kid bestfriend. I usually walk when going home. I was starting to get bored when I saw an empty can on my way. I kicked it hard. I was about to continue my walk when I heard a glass broke.  SHOOT.  I just broke a car window with that empty can.  Not far from the car, I saw six guys looked furiously at the car window, and then at me. I didn’t know them but I swear the guy who’s the nearest to it was familiar. ANOTHER SHOOT. I broke a car window, and that car was Suho’s. that gangster manga guy. Before I screamed on top of my lungs, one thing popped I my mind. RUN! YEONHEE RUN! I looked at my back and I expected them running before my heels. And they really were. I wasn’t a runner and I wasn’t athletic at all. At this point of time, I regret cutting my P.E class last time. There’s nothing left to do but to RUN. YEONHEE RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE TORTURED TO DEATH BY THOSE GUYS. My head was screwing up.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!” I shouted. God help me, I won’t mess up with Hyesung again. I still want to live—

“You stop there!” said one of them.

                My legs started to ache. I hurried as I realized I was getting near to my house. When I reached the dark street, I hid to a wall. I covered my mouth with my hands to avoid sudden sounds.

“Where did she go?” that gangster manga boy said.

“She went off. I bet she got really scared. The tallest guy said then they laughed.

“You noticed the uniform?”

“Yeah.Kyungwon Academy.” They finally went off.

                I assured my safety before going. I looked around the place. I was alone. I gulped. At last. I walked home fast. As I reached my house, I threw myself to my bed.

“Where have you been?” A familiar voice said. I jumped in my surprise.

“Oh mother of a frog!”

"So you’re a frog?” I sighed. It was my mother. “You look so pale. What happened to you?”

“I-I was b-being chased by a w-wild dog. Yeah. Wild dog.” I wiped my sweat all through my face.

“You were being chased by your same kind?” it was Minhyuk. My jerky little brother. I was about to throw a pillow to him but he ran outside of my room already.

“Change your clothes, get ready for dinner.” She closed the door.

                I threw myself back to my bed. I stared at the ceiling. Then I remembered I’ve just met Suho.