Upon Arrival

They Met, They Laughed...And What Then?

Looking up at the crystal blue sky, the sight of the freshly fallen leaves dancing with detached flower petals was a sight to behold. It was already autumn, meaning that the leaves have died and the winds took them away. The chilly winds made it's way through my clothes, sending my arms goosebumps. We're almost close to our destination, the first possible place where my sister could be, eve though it has only been just a couple of days since I've last seen Jinae.

Concentrating back on the road, I can see Wonbin chatting enthusiasticly with Hongki. Those two already got along so well, I couldn't help but feel a little bit of envy. I never really did get along with anyone back at the village. Everyone just avoided unless they absolutely needed to talk to me. It frustrates me to no end when people constantly judges you at first glance. Only Wonbin was kind and gentle towards me. He has always stuck by my side whenever i'm feeling lonely or afraid. When I acted hostile towards Hongki when we first met him conscious, I mentally slapped myself up and down. I didn't mean to act attrocious, but when I meet someone who tries to talk to me, I'm constantly always shooting poison darts out of my mouth. It's not like I liked to act this way, it was just some...past experiences I've dealt with.

Besides from Wonbin, I had another friend...a best friend who I treasured in the entire world. Everyday, even if it was raining or snowing, we would go to each other and play until my parents had to drag me back. We both promised to always stay by each other's side. We even swore it by pinky promise. This routine continued on for a year...until an incident changed it all. Our village got invaded by another, panick and fear befell upon the village. People evacuated while others stayed to defend the place their ancestors have created. My father told me and my mother to evacuate with the others while he would stay behind and defend this place that was so dear to him. We both refused, saying we need to stay together as a family. I quickly snuck off to see my best friend to see if he was okay...

...and that's when everything got revealed to me. He was the one to lead the invaders here and told them all our weaknesses and certain routes here. He was the one who betrayed my trust and the people of the village. There he stood, smiling at the destructive views that lied ahead of him. It wasn't the smile that I would always see when we were playing together, no, it was a horrid smile showing the darkness within him.

Ever since that day, he wasn’t to be seen again. He left without a trace. Because everyone was in panick, he left without anyone noticing. It made me sick to know that someone that I trusted so dearly could betray my trust so easily like that. That was the past and now is the present, I moved on from all that. Everything that day was now just a faint memory that doesn't concern me anymore.

"Jonghun! Look! We’re here!" Wonbin’s voice pierced through my thoughts. Looking straight ahead, I started to see a view of a small village ahead. Hongki and Wonbin started talking really fast with excitement. The people just up ahead were busily doing daily jobs, minding their own business. 

Looking a little bit further into the distance, there was a small figure, just standing there.

When we got closer, the person started waving frantically in our direction.


Author’s Note

Ewaaahh! This is soo short, i`m sorry! D: and it`s updated really late too! ...please don`t go sharpen your knives Q_Q Free time is starting to become scarce due to Gr.9 school work AND homework AND tutor! Imma probably update one update per 1 -2 weeks for ALL my fanfics ;A; School is a jerk