Five: Key

Lost You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            I roll over onto my side, my body aching everywhere. I open my eyes and blink at the small amount of sunlight that hit’s my face from a window high above.

            Where am I?

            I stare at the small patch of visible blue sky, letting my eyes adjust. I look down to see my shirt’s missing, so is my jacket, and I’m covered in fresh bruises and red lines that look like whip marks that sting badly, overlapping older wounds. Damn it, I’d been close to escaping too...the rope they used to bind my hands had left cuts on my wrist and it hurt to move them around too much, but that was no surprise, I was glad to be free after being bound for weeks. My jeans were ripped a little and covered in dirt probably from when I tried to fight that one guy off yesterday. Ugh, my head throbbed, pounding with its own drum beat. What did they do to me?

 I move to get up, wincing as I stand and my back hits a bookshelf. I moved a little too fast, getting a little dizzy, but I still look around, walking slowly around the space.

            The room is small, but there are a lot of random things stored here. Picture frames, paintings, lamps, tables, there’s a full length mirror and I walk over to it, wiping away the thick layer of dust and looking at my reflection.

            I blink, look away and then back.

            Not my hair. Hell no, I’d get them back for this. They’d dyed most of it green; it looked like lettuce.

            I was glad to see my beautiful face was still fine. I look around for a door, but don’t see one.

            No door? Then how’d I get in here? I run a hand along the walls, trying to find some way out, but there was nothing.

            I hear a muffled voice suddenly, and move back to wear I woke up, sitting down. If one of the men was coming to get me, I could find a way out. A hatch on the floor opens, and one of the men’s heads pokes in, he grins and I realize how stupid I was for not noticing the door. I was in an attic. Great job, Kibum.

            “You’re gonna be a good boy today, I hope,” he comes in, shutting the door.

            “You’re crazy if that’s what you think,” I face him, clenching my fists.

            He laughs,

            “Come on Kibum, we both know you’re not a sports person, you can’t fight me. I’m sure you remember yesterday.”

            “Yesterday’s gone. It’s a new day,” I stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter