Chapter o7

Facade of Coldness Over Loneliness

 

“Help? Help do what?”

“Oh it’s nothing much really. I’m just asking you since you are the first friend I made coming back here.” She said putting the bowl into the sink.

“Okay… so what is it?”

“Can you go party shopping with me?” She asked cutely, eyes blinking,

“Party shopping? You are having a party? And how do we buy a party?”

“Well since the school holidays just ended I’m sure everybody is still in the holiday mood. And I want to meet some of Myung oppa’s friends, besides you of course.” She answered while washing. “And I meant buying party supplies, like decorations, food, games? Not the party.”

“Oh, and when is this?”

“Um… Friday? Then everybody can have the weekend to get over their juice hangover.”

“Isn’t that too sudden? And what’s a juice hangover?” Sung Yeol asked, obviously really confused with the words used by Min Soo.

“I’m sure it’s fine, there are still a few days. It means, a hangover but by drinking juices. Cause we are all underage and there will be no alcohol.”

“Oh! Okay, then let’s go!” He said after understanding the situation.

“Yeah, wait for a moment and let me get my stuff.” She said as she wiped her hands with the kitchen towel and walk away from the sink. “Do you wanna change or anything. I’m not sure when will we be out till and you are still in your uniform.”

“I have a t-shirt I can change into. It’s in my bag.”

“Okay, the wash room’s to your left if you wanna know.”

“Thanks!” Sung Yeol answered as she took the shirt out of his bag and went to the washroom.

He looked around it, and noticed that the interior of the whole apartment was designed really well. ‘Not just did the living room and kitchen look classy, even in here!’ he thought to himself then quickly changed.

“Okay I’m done. Now let’s go!” He said to her with a smile.

“Great. But bring me there. Anywhere as long as it’s a mall. I’m still new to the place.” Min Soo said smiling awkwardly as they walked out of the apartment.

“So how did you guys become friends?” Min Soo asked as they were walking.

“Me and who?”

“Myung oppa. I’m quite sure he was the one the approached you and said, ‘Hey, let’s be friend’”

“No he didn’t. We just got paired up to do this collaboration slash project slash photo shoot thing the school planned. But he opened up more since this morning.”

“Wow… fate does exist. Well he is lucky to get you as a partner, not everybody match well with him.” She complimented.

“Thank you. I guess I’m just lucky he likes me though.”

“Hey you can’t say that about yourself. Although I just knew you for a few hours, I can see that you are an awesome person.”

They continued to chat throughout the whole trip and bought quite a lot of stuff. It was almost dark when they finished.

“You know, I’ve a question. How are we supposed to bring all this back to your place?” Sung Yeol asked Min Soo as they sat down in a café for a rest.

“Oh I’ll just call Myung oppa to come over and pick us up.”

“Look! Speak of the devil, he’s calling.” She said as she showed him the phone and put it on speaker.

“Yah! KIM MIN SOO! Where the hell did you run to?!” Myung Soo yelled into the phone.

“I’m out shopping with Sung Yeol oppa. And we need your help. Can you come and pick us?”

You little brat. Where are you?”

“Um… Sung Yeol oppa, where are we?”

Sung Yeol explained their current placing and hung up.

“So now we wait. Do you want to eat dinner?” She said then asked.

“Sure!” He answered and they ordered their meal.

Not long after, Myung Soo arrived running into the café.

“Oppa! You’re finally here!” Min Soo exclaimed happily.

“Hey Myung Soo!” Sung Yeol greeted.

“I really can’t believe the both of you. Shopping for the whole day like this.”

“Well it wasn’t really the whole day, just a couple of hours.” She answered cheekily. “Anyways, you haven’t eaten dinner right? Order something to eat.”

“Okay.” Myung Soo just answered as he called the waiter.

They ate and chat happily for around half an hour and left the café.

“Where are we going actually?” Sung Yeol asked as they walked to one of the elevators in the mall instead of the entrance.

“My car, you don’t suppose to walk home with all this stuff right?” Myung Soo answered.

“You have a car?! How? And we aren’t even the age to drive yet!” Sung Yeol said surprised.

“Yes, I have my ways.”

“How did you get it? Tell me please!” He asked clinging onto Myung Soo.

“No, find out yourself.”

“Please~” He begged, eyes wide open and sparkling.

“No, get off me.” Myung Soo answered while trying to ply Sung Yeol off him.

“Sung Yeol oppa, I’ll tell you his stupid little secret.” Min Soo said pulling Sung Yeol to her and told him about how Myung Soo got his licence in US instead and all the other details. Leaving Myung Soo to walk alone behind until they reached the car.

“Sung Yeol oppa, you can sit in the front. I’m a little tired so I’ll rest in the back.” Min Soo said.

“Okay.” He answered as he patted her head and they all went in the care and drove off.

The trip back was quiet but relaxing since everybody was tired.

“I think I have to go. It’s quite late already.” Sung Yeol said as they reached the apartment.

“Okay oppa. Thank you so much for spending the day with me! You are a great friend!” Min Soo said to him.

“Yeah, thank Sung Yeol for spending your day with her. I’m sorry I gave you so much trouble. Do you need a ride home?” Myung Soo said, feeling bad that Sung Yeol had to spend his day with Min Soo when he was supposed to be the one.

“It’s okay I had a lot of fun today. I got to meet cute little Min Soo.” He answered. “And I’m okay, my house isn’t really far from here.”

“Okay then. Bye.” Myung Soo said to him.

“Bye oppa! See you soon!” Min Soo said.

“Sure. Bye.” Sung Yeol waved and walked off.

“You know, you created a lot of trouble in just a day.” Myung Soo said to Min Soo as they were in the elevator.

“Sorry. I didn’t really have time to inform you about this.”

“I’m okay. But what about Sung Yeol? I didn’t ask you to bring my friend out shopping for the whole day.”

“I just suddenly had an idea and he was free for the whole day. We had fun you know.”

“Okay okay. Anything you say my princess.” Myung Soo answered as he opened the door.

“Oh Myung Soo, you are back? Where have you been for the whole day?” A voice said from the house.

“Sung Gyu oppa!!!” Min Soo yelled as she ran in the house and hugged a very shocked Sung Gyu.

“Min Soo?! When did you come back?” Sung Gyu asked shocked.

“This afternoon. And for your question before, I went out to pick her and Sung Yeol from shipping in the mall.”

“Oh. Wait… Sung Yeol? What was he doing shopping with your sister?” Sung Gyu asked and then looked at Min Soo who was putting stuff into the very empty fridge at a very fast rate.

“I don’t know. And I don’t really want to know.” Myung Soo answered as he flopped down the couch.

“I have my plans.” She answered evilly. “Sung Gyu oppa, you will help me right?”

“Um… sure I guess.”

“Thank you! Now let me take a bath and you guys can ask me all the question you want later.” She answered as she ran into the room.

Sung Gyu shot Myung Soo a questioning look as he sat down on the couch.

“I don’t even know hyung, I don’t even know.” Myung Soo sighed.