Chapter o1

Facade of Coldness Over Loneliness

[Update for week 19 - 25 March 2012]  __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The elders were bonding after not meeting for a long time. The adults were gossiping, gambling or having a drinking fest. The kids were playing or sleeping peacefully, not being any disturbed by the loud noises.

In the midst of party and celebration, a boy was sneaking out of the house for a walk and some fresh air. Away from the mind blasting noises, to the calmness of the midnight breeze. If only life could be more carefree, no backstabbing, no greed. Just enjoying everything you can have, but that’s too much to ask for. Without money, power or title, you, are nobody. And, peace will never last forever.

 

-Monday Morning-

Just as the boy stepped in the school compound, the bell rang, signalling the starting of the school day. Happy that he made it on time he took a small breath and strode through the school compound to the hall. The students were crowding in by class and the place was just as noisy as a market in a fight. He walked in and looked for his friends. After spotting them, he went to meet them, with a cold and bored expression on.

“Hey! I thought you won’t be coming, you’re late.” Said one of his friends waving to him.

“Almost. I’m not taking the risk to be late again, who knows what the school will do.” He answered coldly, obviously uninterested to have a conversation started.

“Dude, what’s up with you? I know you’re normally cold in the morning but this is totally below Celsius. You didn’t even bothered to greet us.” Another asked, looking concerned. “What happened last night?”

He sighed, “Nothing unusual. Just that some random cousin came to disturb and annoy me when I finally had some peace. And then got scolded for being out of the house. Got home at 2am so I’m just very tired.” The he asked, “What about you hyung? Already nagging so early in the morning.”

“Yah Kim Myung Soo! I’m being a considerate friend caring about your well being, I’m fine with you freezing to death if you want to.” He scolded back jokingly.

“Aish both of you don’t start a fight just yet. It’s annoying,” the other friend glared.

“I’m just concerned ok?” the older answered back while Myung Soo just shrugs his shoulders. Just then, they heard someone’s voice through the speakers, “Basketball members please gather in front of the PA room. Thank you”

Myung Soo looked at his two friends “Sung Gyu hyung, wanna tag along me and Woo Hyun hyung?” He asked smirking.

“No thanks, I don’t wanna get involved in coach’s nagging. Especially if it’s something you guys did. I’ll go look for Dong Woo and Hoya.” Sung Gyu answered.

“Come on hyung, I’m sure it’s something good. Maybe it’s about the competition we won before the holidays?” Woo Hyun pled.

“Whatever it is, I’m not joining today. Bye!” Sung Gyu waved and ran off leaving both of them there.

“Sung Gyu hyung is such a ditcher. Let’s go Myung Soo, don’t want to hear coach nag about punctuality.” Woo Hyun said dragging Myung Soo with him.

 

-Other Side of the Hall-

“May all volleyball team members gather in front of the main entrance and may all basketball members please gather in front of the PA room. Thank you.”

“What do we need to do this time? How could they even think of putting the word volleyball and basketball together?!” A tall kid said.

“Calm down, they can’t do anything to us when we are still on the same level with their pet team.” Said the guy standing next to him, patting his shoulder.

“Hoya, did you hear anything related to this before? The last time the basket ball and the volleyball team were called together disaster happened.” A blond guy next to them asked.

Hoya just shook his head, looking just as confused. The blond continued, “You guys better go check it out. And Sung Yeol, stop your rant and go.”

Hoya agreed and pulled a not so pleased Sung Yeol with him. “And remember to tell me what happened.” Dong Woo added.

Hoya turned back and nod at him with Sung Yeol scream, “Bye Dong Woo hyung. No need to miss me when I’m gone!”

Dong Woo smiled, ‘Hope nothing bad will happen this time.’ He thought to himself.

“Hey Dong Woo!” Sung Gyu called, “Where’s Hoya?”

“Hi hyung. He left for that volleyball meeting. Didn’t you hear?”

“Not really. I was bickering with Myung Soo and only heard them call the basketball team out. What you suppose they are planning?”

“No idea. Even Hoya has no info about this. Guess we just have to wait and see.” He said as they sat down.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that’s chapter 1! I’m really sorry about the empty promise, just that my niece came over for the last few days and I couldn’t use the computer. Just telling, I wrote all of this during my exam 2 weeks ago and well… my results aren’t that good. One thing I learned, I must remember to proof read my exam essays next time. OMG those grammatical errors… and I sooooooooo need a history tutor. 48 marks is not a very nice mark indeed.

Thanks for reading and if there’s any mistakes please tell me, I know it to read stupid stuff. XP

-amigo :)