Chapter o2

Facade of Coldness Over Loneliness

 

[Update for week 26/3/2012 – 1/4/2012] __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A little note for this part, it will jump from scene to scene so I will use colours to note where the story is.

Basketball team – Blue

Volleyball team – Purple

Both teams and other people – Gray

 

- Meanwhile at the basketball and volleyball team meetings. –

“Everybody listen up!” The coach called, standing beside him was a guy wearing diva like clothes, his arms crossed over his chest. “Mr Jo here is from the (---) magazine company. And I’ve something important to announce.”

“This year, the school has collaborated with them to…”

“Create and design our annual school magazine.”

“And they’ve came out with a plan to feature the schools two best teams together for a collaboration project. You will be put together for a month to do a scoop on your daily lives.”

Everybody nodded, looking confused, sensing something bad coming up. The coach continues, “So 2 members from each team will be paired up to do this.”

Before anybody could react from the pause, Mr Jo added, “Hope you all will cooperate and work together. Partners have already been chosen and no changes are allowed under all circumstances. Thank you.” He said and left.

“WHAT!?!?!?”

Both teams screamed in unison.  Everybody is the hall stopped their activities to look at them while two certain people thought looking at each other, ‘What the freaking hell is going on?’

“It’s nothing. Sorry about that.” The volleyball coach said turning back to them. Noticing Mr Kim from (…) missing, he asked his team, “Where’d he go?”

“That Mr Lee guy just left. Coach please explain this hell of a ridiculous situation to us.” One of the members said.

The coach sighed, ‘Why must Mr Lee leave so fast?’ he thought. “I will explain everything at practice this afternoon. Later, the principal will call you and the basketball team up on stage, just go with everything he said and don’t pick up a fight,” he said.

He took a breath and continued, “I have to go, remember to come to practice later, and remind those who aren’t hare.” Then gave them a sympatic smile and left.

“Everybody quiet down, all the information about this collaboration will be listed in this paper. Read every single detail and if you still don’t understand something you can enquire at tomorrow’s practice.” The basketball coach said sternly, glancing at his team. “Also, your team member is listed in it. It would be good if you know a little information about them.”

“Now that you know all the details, I’m finished and leaving. Don’t any of you dare go against it,” he said and left.

-Later during recess-

Dong Woo ran over to Hoya and Sung Yeol’s class with Sung Gyu behind him. He was dying to know what the school had planned after the principal’s speech at this morning’s assembly.

[Flashback]

“Students, everybody knows that we have an annual school magazine right?” The principal asked.

“Yes…” Everybody answered, not a little interested at all.

“This year, we will have a very special section featuring our school’s two best sports teams. They will be paired into groups of two from each team and the everyday life the school best athletes will be recorded into photos and shown in the magazine. And if you are lucky, we are also planning on making this on video. So make sure to check out the school website for more info.” He said pointing to the two teams standing on stage with him. They bowed and left the stage as the principal continued his boring speech.

[Back to present]

“HOYA!” Dong Woo called as he reached the class. Everybody was still packing noting that the teacher just left not too long ago. Hoya and Sung Yeol looked up from their books to see an impatiently running Dong Woo and tired Sung Gyu dragging himself behind.

“What was it about?” He asked once he reached the class while Sung Gyu walked over to Woo Hyun’s seat also curious about the event.

Hoya sighed and kept his books, “I don’t know, coach said he will explain everything during practice today. But it seems like the basketball team already knows all the details.”

“What?” Dong Woo looked at him disbelievingly. “This is just stupid. Why do they need to make so much publicity anyway?”

Hoya just shrugs his shoulders.

“Wow Sung Yeol, this is so unbelievable. How did you not make a single interruption during our conversation? This is so not you. There’s no need to be so tensed, I’m sure your team mate won’t be as bad as you think.” Dong Woo said to Sung Yeol who has been quiet the whole time.

“I’m not thinking about that, just trying to understand this maths equation,” he answered still looking at his maths text book.

“Ohh…” Dong Woo answered, finally noticing the text book Sung Yeol was starring at all along, and then continued chatting with Hoya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Dong Woo was with Hoya and Sung Yeol, Sung Gyu went to look for Woo Hyun and Myung Soo to discuss about the ‘collaboration’.

“Hey babe,” Woo Hyun looked up, seeing a sweaty Sung Gyu in front of his table.

“What do you need grandpa? A kiss to rehydrate?” he asked.

“No, I want the information about that ‘collaboration’ Mr Principle talked about. Who are you working with?!?”

“Here, read it. “ Woo Hyun said passing him the paper their coach gave in the morning, then proceeding to waking Myung Soo from his nap. “Hoya, no biggie. We just need to get Myung Soo and Sung Yeol to work together.”

He answered to the second question while kicking Myung Soo’s chair, finally succeeding in waking him up.

“Class is over?” Myung Soo asked, currently unable to catch the situation.

“No, teacher just killed a cat and fainted. Of course it’s over!” Woo Hyun answered sarcastically. “Come on, let’s go meet your ‘ buddy’.”

Myung Soo glared at him and then gave him a WHAT THE HELL?! face.

“He meant your magazine photo shoot partner.” Sung Gyu said to him. “Thank god I don’t need to go through all this.”

“Oh… who was it again? Lee Sung…?” Myung Soo asked, not really giving a damn.

“Lee Sung Yeol. Let’s go.” Woo Hyun said, pulling him up to Hoya and Sung Yeol’s seats.

“Hey Hoya!” Woo Hyun called.

“Hi hyung! What’s up?”

“We ARE in the same team, so we’re doing everything together anyway,” he answered. “And I wanna make sure Myung Soo knows his partner.

“We are? How did you know? And who IS Myung Soo’s partner?”

“Yup, coach gave us a paper with the information and team members. Sung face in maths book Yeol there.” He answered, staring at Sung Yeol weirdly.

“Ok… brief me about it. Sung Yeol, get out of your maths dilemma and meet your photo shoot partner.” Hoya called, grabbing Sung Yeol and Dong Woo’s attention from the impossible teaching and learning lesson.

“Yeah what?” Sung Yeol answered, finally closing his book.

“This is your partner, Myung Soo, get along well. And if you wanna know about it, just ask him, I’m sure he knows the details.” Hoya told him.

Out of nowhere, a student appeared beside them and called Woo Hyun, Hoya, and the forgotten Sung Gyu and Dong Woo out to help do some stuff for the student council.

“Bye!” They waved and ran out leaving Sung Yeol and Myung Soo standing there awkwardly.