Chapter o5

Facade of Coldness Over Loneliness

[Update for week 16 - 27 April 2012]  ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[The next day]

 

-Woo Hyun POV-

“Woo Hyun hyung!!!” I heard Sung Yeol screaming my name running in the classroom. ‘What’s up with him today?’

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!” He called running over to me and Hoya. We were   discussing about some student council work that was assigned to us.

“What?” I answered him, a little annoyed. “You don’t have to shout my name for so many times you know.”

“Can I change places with you? Please~”

“Why?” I asked while Hoya gave him a questioning look.

“Because I wanna sit with Myungie!” He answered enthusiastically, like a child. ‘Wow, they actually got along quite well.’

“Myungie? Is Myung Soo okay with it?” He even has a nickname for him? Just what has become of Myung Soo?

“He said whatever so it should be fine.”

“Oh. Sure… I’ll inform teacher on it.”

“Okay! Thanks hyung!” Sung Yeol answered, skipping back to his table to pack.

 

-5 minutes later-

Myung Soo and Sung Gyu walked in the class tiredly.

“Hey hyung! Hi Myung Soo!” I called when I saw them, and then walked over to them.

“So… since when were you good friends with Sung Yeol, Myungie?” I asked, back hugging Sung Gyu while he looked at me weirdly.

“Hmm… yesterday I guess. I’m not really friends with him yet but I can’t e on bad terms with him when I have to be stuck with him for the whole month right? And besides, he’s quite cute.”

“Did you say cute?! And you’re not pissed at him for giving you a nickname?” I asked, not believing him a single bit.

“Yeah I did, why? And you guys call me anything you want all the time, I’m not angry at you.”

“Because normally, Kim Myung Soo would call people like this an annoying brat who interferes too much with other peoples life, which in this case, yours.”

“No comment then.” He answered walking to his seat.

“Oh, then you should know your table mate is Sung Yeol not me right?” I said and he just lifted his hand to give me the ‘okay’ sign.

“That was so weird. He was seriously not mad.” Sung Gyu said.

“Nope. Nothing was out of the blue with his attitude at home yesterday?”

“Not really, just the normal routine. At least somebody is breaking in his shell. It just seems so weird to see him like that though.”

I agreed nodding my head. When even Sung Gyu hyung says it’s weird, it must be wrong.

-Woo Hyun POV[ended]-

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Myungie! Let’s go! I’m hungry!” Sung Yeol called Myung Soo who was sleeping on his desk.

“Yeah sure…” Myung Soo answered, still half asleep while Sung Yeol pulled him out of the class.

“So what do you want?” Sung Yeol asked Myung Soo when they reached the cafeteria.

“Not hungry. Go get anything you want, I’ll go look for a table.” Myung Soo answered walking to the usual place him, Woo Hyun and Sung Gyu and sometimes some other friends hang out.

“Hey hyung.” Myung Soo called when he saw Sung Gyu already sitting on the table with a DSLR.

“Hi Myung Soo. Where’s Woo Hyun?”

“Coming down I guess. Who went again the rules this time?” He answered picking up the DSLR.

“Oh, you came down alone?”

“No, Sung Yeol pulled me here because he was starving. Smile~” he said as he took a picture of Sung Gyu with the DSLR.

“Hey! You are supposed to use that wisely, not taking photos of me.” Sung Gyu exclaimed covering his face.

“What do you mean by me using it wisely? It’s mine?”

“Yes it’s yours. Onew hyung gave it to you to use for the project since he knows you love taking photos.”

“He gave it to me? For free? And I thought professional photographers will come and stalk us, why do I need to take photos myself?”

“Actually the magazine company gave a few to the school to use, so yes it’s free. There will be only two coming, so we need to complete it ourselves.”

“Oh wow, lazy asses. Say cheese Sung Yeol!!!” Myung Soo answered and suddenly screamed at Sung Yeol who was walking to the table with his food.

Sung Yeol just looked at Myung Soo weirdly with big eyes, head tilted to the right. “Huh?”

“Nothing. Aww, that was cute.” Myung Soo answered while taking to himself admiring the photo he took of Sung Yeol.

Sung Yeol felt happy hearing Myung Soo saying he was cute although he didn’t know why himself. “Me?”

“Yeah, look at this picture.” Myung Soo showed him the picture on the screen.

“Ooh! I do look cute!”

“No, it’s just my epically awesome photo taking skills!”

Sung Gyu smile at the scene in front of him, Myung Soo and Sung Yeol were bickering about Myung Soo’s skills and Sung Yeol’s cuteness. ‘Although it’s a little annoying, at least he is opening up.’

His smile grew bigger when he felt somebody put their arm on his shoulders while sitting next to him.

 “They are quite cute together you know.” He said to Woo Hyun.

“Yeah, but not as cute as we are.” Sung Gyu smiled at the answer.

“And you guys said you aren’t dating. How is this not dating?” Myung Soo said pointing at both of them. “Stop lying to me, what’s the point anyway?”

“We aren’t lying because we seriously aren’t dating.”

“And Hoya hates purple. Why don’t both of you admit it already? Be more like us.” Dong Woo said walking over with Hoya.

“Don’t you ever dare insult purple, it the prettiest colour ever.” Hoya said to Dong Woo, glaring at him.

“Sure, anything you say baby.”

“Both of you stop before it goes over the sweet border. And you don’t wanna get fired.” Sung Gyu said dangerously to them.

“Whatever you say loveless old man.” Dong Woo said playfully.

“What did you call me?! Come here you little brat!” Sung Gyu scolded trying to hit Dong Woo while Dong Woo hid behind Hoya.

“Aren’t any of you going to eat?” Sung Yeol asked while stuffing his mouth with food. Besides him, Myung Soo was taking photos of everything that happened before and of course, cute Sung Yeol eating.

“, we don’t have much time left. Let’s go grab a snack.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

So the whole school day passed like that. Sung Yeol being the happy and cheerful kid he is sticking to Myung Soo who was just being, Myung Soo. Sung Gyu, Woo Hyun, Dong Woo and Hoya being the busy people they are, although nobody really knew what they were actually busy about. The rest did think it was weird for Sung Yeol and Myung Soo to bond so well but the both of them were already weird from birth so you can’t really expect anything normal happening. Myung Soo seems to have been opening up a lot to Sung Yeol and was laughing a lot more than he does to normal friends though.

“So, do you have any activities after school today?” Sung Yeol asked Myung Soo as they were walking out of the school.

“No, I don’t think so. Why?”

“Then can we like go out and play? Those few nerds have been busy in school for the whole month. I’m bored stuck at home. Let’s go to that new shopping centre! It’s not very far.”

“Um, sure. I haven’t been out recently anyway.”

“Okay! Let’s go!” Sung Yeol screamed happily, pulling Myung Soo to the direction of the said destination.

When they reached the shopping centre, Sung Yeol ran straight to the Starbucks at the entrance with an enthusiastic scream of “Coffee!” Leaving Myung Soo to chase after him. ‘Hell?’ He thought.

By the time Myung Soo entered the café, Sung Yeol was already holding a cup of coffee, whatever did he choose.

“Do you want one?”

“No, let’s go get lunch.”

“But why? Coffee is the best drink ever!”

“No interest.” Myung Soo answered coldly.

“Whyyyy?” Sung Yeol whined like a little kid.

“Not today kay? Maybe next time.” Myung Soo answered, patting Sung Yeol’s head although he was shorter.

They walked by some stores looking for lunch and suddenly Myung Soo’s phone rang. He looked at it and saw a unknown number. ‘Who would call me at this time of the day?’ He thought while answering the call.

“Hello?”

“Hi oppa!”

“Minnie? Why are you calling me in the middle of the night? What’s wrong?”

“What are you saying? It’s 2pm in the afternoon!”

“Huh? Where are you?”

“I’m in the plane. Can you pick me up in 30 minutes?”

“What plane? Where?”

“The plane back to Korea duh. . See you Myung!” The girl calling said before hanging up on Myung Soo.

“What the hell?” Myung Soo whispered to himself while Sung Yeol was looking at him with curiosity. He was feeling a little hurt inside for no reason. Although they only knew each other for 2 days, Myung Soo did treat him better than to others, and so they say, but he was never this caring. But still? Why is he feeling like that?

“Who was that?”

“Somebody. I need to be at Incheon Airport in 30 minutes. I’ll just grab a sandwich for lunch. Sorry I can’t accompany you today. Maybe next time?” Myung Soo answered with an apologetic look.

“It’s okay. Um… if it’s fine with you, maybe I can follow you there? I’ve nothing to do today anyways.” Sung Yeol answered earnestly.

“I guess… its okay.” Myung Soo answered after deciding for a moment.

“Really? I won’t be a bother?” This time Sung Yeol was doubting himself.

“Yeah sure. Come on.” Myung Soo smiled pulling him into a bakery to get their lunch.

“Are you fine with sandwiches? It’s not very filling but we don’t have much time for a proper lunch.”

“It’s fine. But next time you are buying me coffee!”

“Sure. No problem.”

“Yay! Love ya!” Sung Yeol said happily. Myung Soo felt his heart skip a beat. ‘What was that?’ he thought but brushed it away since he always had random dizziness and health problems anyway.

“Let’s go. We can’t be late.” Myung Soo said as he pulled Sung Yeol out of the bakery after paying for the sandwiches and flagging a cab outside of the shopping centre.

“Ajusshi, to Incheon Airport please. Fast.” Myung Soo quickly said as they got in a cab.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here’s chapter 5!! A longer chapter for u all. So sorry I didn’t update for 2 weeks, first I was sick for so freaking long, then school had to kill me with projects and homework. And then I had to be appointed to be the treasurer of st john and finish a few reports and orders. I’m putting aside my geography project to update this. And the only reason I did was because it’s a public holiday. (Damn my rants)

Anyways, HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY SUNG GYU!!! You are the best leader Infinite can ever have and is certainly the charismatic, y, and hot yet cute hamster you are. LOVE YA!!!

And happy birthday Tao! Our cute Kung Fu Panda! 功夫熊黄子韬,生日快乐!!!

 

Holy ... so hot... enough Sung Gyu spam it is. ><

 

@uuleunhaecloudy thanks for liking my story! :D

@ryne_drops thank you so much for loving my story! i've read yr myngyeol story, its really interesting! :)