Who pays the bill?

Say it and I'm yours

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

The next morning.

 

 

Maybe I should call him? Or maybe a message? Calling is better, more personal! Aish Eun Ra! Get a hold of yourself, just call him. It’s no big deal. Just lunch, as a thank you for last night. Ok I’m going to call Joong Ki – sshi.

 

“Yoboeseyo? Joong Ki –sshi? This is Park Eun Ra, the girl you gave a lift to last night.” I said, hoping he remembers me or else I’d see like a real idiot/stalker.

 

“Ah yeah! Eun Ra-shi! How are you? I’m glad you called, was beginning to think you washed your hands before you read my message! So what brings you to call me today?” asked Joong Ki.

 

“Ah well you said to give you a call sometime so here I am, calling you. Actually, to be honest I was wondering if you were free later today, maybe to go have lunch? I want to properly thank you for last night. “ I said nervously.

 

“Sure thing, why don’t you meet me at the club? I’ve got to do something before hand and there’s a really good place around the corner. Do you think you’ll be able to get here?” Joong Ki asked.

 

“Yep sure thing, so I’ll see you in around an hour or so inside the club. Annyeong!” I said. There, that wasn’t too bad. Ok omgosh! I said I’d be there in an hour! That gives me only half an hour to get ready. Crap! I better hurry.

 

What to wear? Oh I’ll just wear anything, it wont be a fancy place so leggings and a nice oversized top should be fine.

 

I arrived at the club with 10 minutes to spare. I walked into the club and there was no lights or anyone minding the door.

 

“Anyone there? Hello?” I said with caution.

 

Then I heard music from not so far away. Someone’s singing. He’s got a really good voice so I decided to get a little closer to have a look. Wow, it’s Joong Ki! He was playing the guitar and singing. So handsome… So cool…

 

BANG!

 

Oops! I must have knocked something over! Clumsy clumsy Eun Ra! Watch where you’re going..  He must have heard me…

 

“Ommo! I’m so sorry Joong Ki, I didn’t mean to intrude. I just wanted to have a look at who it was singing so nicely. I’ll just leave you to it and wait outside.” I said while looking down on the floor.

 

“No, it’s alright. Truthfully, you’re the only person whos heard me play and sing. I’m a little shy about performing in front of others. Well, lets get going shall we? I’m starving!” he exclaimed like an excited little kid. How cute.

 

We walked to the restaurant, it wasn’t too far away. Along the way we got to know each other a little better. I learnt that he is a student at my university! How odd, I’ve never seen him before. Oh well what a small world we live in! He works at the bar part time, loves music and can cook!

 

We arrived at the restaurant and were seated by a waitress. After eating lunch I grabbed my purse to get the bill but Joong Ki-sshi stopped me.

 

“Joong Ki-sshi you should let me pay, this is a thank you lunch for yesterday so it’s on me. “ I said.

 

“One you should stop calling me Joong Ki-sshi, just call me Joong Ki. And two, if I let you pay, this becomes a thank you lunch. But if I pay this becomes our first date. So let me get the bill this time ok?” He reasoned.

 

I was shocked by what he had just said. A first date? I had no idea this was a date… Was I a little too oblivious? A date! With Joong Ki! I think I’m dreaming.