In your hands - Ren (Nu'est) & Tao (EXO-M)

Forbidden Love

Author's note: Sequel to Bad Boy and Take me away chapters ^^

 


 

~ No one’s POV ~

 

A month had gone after Ren and Tao had found each other, sharing their feelings for one another. But because of their busy schedules they haven’t been able to spend that much time together. They did occasionally talk while being backstage on shows and such, finding every opportunity to share their thoughts and feelings.
 

Ren tried to avoid his ex lover Lay as much as possible, but Lay somehow appeared out of the blue when Ren tried to get close to Tao. As to prevent them from getting to know each other better.
 

Tao started to get irritated when Lay interrupted his and Ren’s conversations all the time, the few times that they actually had time to talk. And he decided to organize a special event for Ren, and only Ren…

 

~ Ren’s POV ~

 

Ever since the day Tao saved me from my misery, I’ve been trying to figure out a good way of thanking him. I didn’t think the celebrating was enough, even if he kept on telling me how delicious the cake was that I had baked. With a deep sigh I rested my head in my hands, leaning over the small coffee table in front of me.
 

Another sigh left my mouth as JR walked past, turning back again after seeing my depressed self.
 

“What happened now?” He asked worriedly. I slowly lifted my head, staring at him with no emotion whatsoever. “Did Tao do something bad?”
 

I slowly shook my head at his question and averted my eyes towards the floor instead. JR curiously stared at the direction I stared at, probably wondering about what I was looking at.
 

“Nothing…” I quietly said and then changed to look at the empty glass on the table instead.
 

“Something must have happened, since you’re staring at the floor-” JR trailed off as he looked at me once again, a bit startled when he noticed that I wasn’t staring at the floor any longer. He cleared his throat. “I mean… staring blankly at… well, different things?” He hesitantly finished.
 

I just sighed deeply, not answering this time. What would I even tell him? I can’t just talk about my love life openly with the other members… It would just feel awkward… Another sigh left my mouth and I could see JR just shaking his head like he was giving up.
 

“Whatever.” He said defeated and walked out of the room. Not caring about me and my problems anymore when he didn’t get any answers.
 

I really need to think about some way to thank him thoroughly…

 

~ Tao’s POV ~

 

”I wonder what he’s doing right now…” I said quietly to myself as I fixed the last decorations on the table. I put the vase with red roses in the middle of the table and then laid the napkins nicely just above the plates.
 

“That’s what I was about to ask you.” A very familiar voice said out loud, making me jump because of surprise.
 

I turned around hastily to see Lay standing by the fountain right behind me. He had a puzzled look on his face as he stared at me with wide eyes. I scratched my neck embarrassed as I looked away.
 

“What are you doing here?” I simply asked, without looking at him.
 

“You didn’t answer my question. What are you doing?” Lay questioned as he looked around. “And why?”
 

“Hm?” I let out and faced him. “Oh… I’m just fixing the table.”
 

“Outside?” He raised an eyebrow.
 

“Mm, yeah…” I answered as I continued with hanging up some balloons in the trees.
 

“For… what?” He hesitantly asked.
 

“Just an event…” I said and tied the last of the balloons unto a branch.
 

“Outside…?” He questioned once again. Still confused.
 

“Yes. Outside.” I turned around to pick up the banner I made for this occasion and walked over to one of the pillars that surrounded the small park. I reached up to tie one side of the banner on it.
 

“Why?” He continued.
 

“Because I want to?” I said thoughtfully. “I thought Ren would like it.” I finished.
 

It was quiet for quite some time and I curiously faced Lay, who was standing there dumbfounded. I rolled my eyes as I turned back to tie the other side of the banner to another pillar. Just as I finished and turned around once again towards Lay I got met by a pair of really confused eyes.
 

“What?” I said while feeling a bit uncomfortable being stared at weirdly.
 

“Outside…?” He barely let out, his eyes wide opened. I face palmed myself before looking at Lay tiredly.
 

“Yes, outside. Stop asking already!” I sighed and decided to clean up the remains from some of the balloons that had accidentally exploded after being carelessly stepped on earlier. I was lucky that I bought more than I needed. “Anyway… what are you doing here?”
 

It was unbearably quiet for a very long time.
 

“Hey! Why aren’t you answering?” I asked as I turned around, shocked when not seeing anyone there. I confusedly looked around the small park, but still didn’t see Lay anywhere.
 

“Eh? Lay?” I said out loud, but still no response. “How can you leave without answering my question!?”
 

“I’m right here.” I jumped by the sudden reply. I swiftly turned around to see Lay peeking out from behind the fountain. He smiled brightly towards me and I sighed while shaking my head.
 

“Don’t do that!”
 

“Do what?” Lay questioned as he slowly walked around the fountain, admiring the tiny ornaments that decorated it.
 

Another sigh left my mouth as I ruffled my hair. “Don’t hide like that. You almost scared the life out of me.”
 

“Oh, almost?” Lay said and crouched down to get a better look at the ornaments. “And I wanted to succeed…” He almost whispered, with a disappointed tone in his voice.
 

“What?” I widened my eyes.
 

“Nothing.” He simply said and returned to his examinations. “So… How’s Ren?”
 

“Don’t change the subject!” I let out still not sure if Lay had been joking earlier or not. But he only smiled at me. I guess he’s not going to tell me anything more about it.
 

“I hope you’re nice to him. Well, nicer than I’ve been…” He said sadly and cleared his voice before continuing. “I didn’t really mean what I did to him… I’m sorry that-“
 

“Say that to him. Not me.” I interrupted harshly. “I’m not the one who you hurt with your actions.”
 

“Oh, you’re right.” Lay said as he stood up again and brushed off some dirt from his pants. “I guess I should.” He finished and smiled weakly at me before walking away.
 

I sighed once again before finishing the last of the decorations.

 

“This should be fine right?” I said to myself and smiled contentedly after everything was fixed. 
 

“What’s fine?” A voice said curiously behind my back and I hastily turned around to see Ren already here. I bit my lip when a smile slowly spread on my face, happy to finally be alone with him.
 

“You’re here!” I let out happily and pulled Ren into a hug.
 

“What?” He confusedly asked. He then hugged me back. “Lay told me that you were waiting already for me, so I hurried.” Ren said and I let go of him.
 

“What? Lay said that?” I raised my eyebrows. “When?”
 

“A few minutes ago. He also asked me for forgiveness…” Ren answered and tilted his head to the side thoughtfully. “He really seemed sad about it and since it was quite some time ago I decided to forgive him.”
 

“Oh.” I let out and nodded my head.
 

“But…” He soon said as he looked around. “What’s this?” His eyes widened at the sight of the table and the decorations.
 

“I wanted to celebrate our, well, relationship?” I hesitantly said. “It’s already been one month, so I thought we should celebrate it…” A small smile spread on my face when Ren stared at me with realization in his eyes. He smiled brightly when he looked at the banner I hung up earlier. ‘Happy one month anniversary’ it said on the banner, and I nervously scratched my neck as Ren continued looking around.
 

“Wait!” He suddenly burst out and looked at me helplessly. “It’s supposed to be me who would do something like this! I mean, I really wanted to thank you for earlier… The cake wasn’t enough…” He pouted sadly.
 

“Eh?” I tilted my head somewhat while thinking. “You don’t have to thank me! I’m thankful for you to be with me right now… So don’t think about thanking me, it’s enough that you spend some time with me...” I shyly said, biting my lip.
 

“But!” Ren let out, but I silenced him with an embrace. I hugged him tightly and snuggled into his soft blonde hair.
 

“Let’s just enjoy this time we have alone while we can. I really missed you…” I whispered in his ear, sending shivers through his spine.
 

“Okay…” He answered quietly and hugged me even more tightly.

 

After letting go of each other we sat down at the table that I had prepared, enjoying each other’s company and the food that I had brought with me earlier. It was quite late and the sky was filled with stars, some shining brighter than the others. We both decided to sit down on the ground next to the pillars with the banner. We snuggled close together to keep us warm since it started to become colder. We sat there and looked at the stars, seeing two falling stars with only seconds between them. Just as we closed our eyes and was about to make our wishes a loud sneeze was heard.
 

We both quickly turned around towards were the sound had come from, and we had to tilt our heads slightly to see that someone sat behind the fountain. We stared blankly at the person, surprised.
 

“Sorry…” A very familiar voice called outapologetically, bowing a few times while walking away from the fountain.
 

“Lay?!” I burst out shocked. Ren also seemed shocked as he stared at his ex lover appearing from his hideout. “What are you doing here?!”
 

“I kind of… fell asleep…” Lay embarrassedly said and scratched his neck with one finger as he usually did. “Sorry… I’m leaving now…” He slowly backed away and then started running when he turned around. Leaving us all alone.
 

I had to collect myself before facing Ren, who was trying his hardest not to laugh. Well, it wasn’t so weird since the sight of Lay embarrassedly running away looked so funny. I couldn’t help but smile slightly when observing Ren when he bit his lip to refrain from bursting out in laughter. I chuckled, which made Ren lose it. He laughed out loudly, his eyes narrowing cutely as tears started to form in them. It was extremely contagious so I couldn’t hold back much longer either.
 

After laughing like crazy for a very long time, we finally had calmed down enough to speak normally again. I pulled Ren closer, hugging him warmly as I once again snuggled into his hair. He hugged back really soon. I felt so content just by being close to him.
 

“Don’t ever leave me, okay?” Ren’s muffled voice said. “I’ll never forgive you if you do…” He soon added.
 

“Mm…” I answered and kissed his forehead softly.
 

“I mean it!” He continued seriously. “You have to promise me!”
 

“Mmm…” I let out once more and kissed his nose this time. A smile formed on my lips.
 

“You really have to promise not to leave me!” His voice was louder this time. “Are you even liste-“
 

“Shh!” I interrupted. “You talk too much… really… too much.” I chuckled and leaned forward. I gently placed my lips on his, kissing him softly as I caressed his hair with one hand. He soon enough returned my kiss, letting his hands circle around my neck to keep us close.
 

“I love you… I really do…” Ren whispered as we pulled away.
 

“Me too…” I said and pulled him back into my embrace. “I love you too.”

 


Author's note:

Hi! I'm really sorry for not updating this for quite some time... Sorry!!!

I've been busy with my other fanfics and almost forgot about this one... I'm going to update this more often though, and hopefully my co-author also will write some chapters for this soon ^^ Especially since I've been the only one writing these chapters so far :/

Anyway... I hope you liked this small update. This is the end of the Lay/Ren/Tao oneshots ^^ Well, at least for now... if I decide to write more about them, it will be a different kind of story, I think... Or maybe I'll do a separate story for them? We'll see :P

That's it from me for now! Please comment and subscribe if you liked it!

/Angela90s