April 20 [PART II]

Secrets

 

A/N: please read the author's note at the bottom after reading the story! I need your suggestions!! Kamsa Buffaloes! ;D<3

 

            “Do you like superman or batman?” Luhan’s head popped out in between the stack of clothes that separates us. I looked at him quizzically; is he seriously asking this question?

            “I don’t like superheroes,” I answered straightforwardly ignoring the judging look he’s giving me.

            “You’re boring.”

            “No, just realistic.”

            “And that’s boring,” he complained as he walks towards me holding two different hoodies in his hand, one blue and one black.

            “You’ll be batman then,” he concluded, nodding his head in agreement with himself. Just then, I realised the Superman logo in the middle of the blue hoodie and the batman logo in the middle of the black hoodie.

            “I don’t have mo-“

            “No worries, it’s my treat!” he interrupted. Before I could protest, he quickly ran to the cashier to buy the hoodies. I shook my head in disbelief.

            We’ve been window shopping – as Luhan calls it – from shop to shop, trying out clothes but not actually buying them. I guess this is what happens when two broke boys go shopping. And I’ve learnt a lot about Luhan in the past few hours I’ve been with him. He is very easy to read just like an open book lying in front of me.

            He wears his heart on his sleeve.

            There’s no guessing with Luhan, he will say what he feels which is beneficial for me because I was never good with guessing emotions. I envy that part of him. We may be similar in a way that we’re both blunt and straightforward, but unlike him, I am never able to say what I really feel. I keep it to myself till the day it explodes in me.

            “All done!” Luhan exclaimed handing me a little paper bag with the hoodie inside. “It’s hyung’s treat for you.”

            “You didn’t have to but, thanks,” I accepted it. There’s no point of refusing since he’ll shove it to me anyway. Luhan, I realised, is a very persistent person, which is probably why I’m with him right now despite my indifference towards him.

            “What happened to window shopping?” I teased as he scans through the row of accessories.

            “Well, there’s no rule saying that we can’t buy anything.” He defended while intently examining a particular item. It’s a phone chain with the letter ‘L’ and a miniature vintage clock hanging on it.

            “You wanna buy that?” I asked which startled him.

            “Uhh, no no. Let’s go.” With that, he dragged me out of the shop.

 

-----------------------

 

            I guess I needed some kind of a wakeup call. And I definitely got it when I saw Sulli arms locked with that other trainee, Jino, laughing and talking as if they were more than friends. They probably weren’t; they probably were just friends hanging out. But that doesn’t mean it would hurt less seeing her happy with someone else. I wanted to get mad at her but I don’t have the right to. She’s not mine anymore. But I’m still hers and that’s why it hurts.

            I closed my eyes and let the wind embrace my stature. Hoping that maybe, it can take the pain away.

            “You’re dazing off again Jong,” I was snapped back to reality as Luhan hands me the Americano he bought at the café inside. He stands next to me leaning slightly forward at the railings of the rooftop in Namsan Tower almost full of pad locks, “You think too much. “

            He’s right. I think too much, which is why I still haven’t responded; because I’m thinking. Silence placed itself between us; however it’s not an awkward one but a rather comfortable one. I look down from the top of Namsan Tower; the night has nearly fallen and the lights from the houses are starting to glisten like chunks of glitters sprinkled around.

            “Have you ever desperately wanted to take someone out of your mind and out of your life…?” I started, my mind lost in my own thoughts. I can feel him attentively listening to me. Then I continued, “…but every time you see that person, you just fall for her all over again.”

            I hear him sigh. A melancholic sigh. I look down to the drink in my hands. Its heat is warming my hands, but not quite reaching the coldness in my heart.

            “Well, truthfully, I’ve never been in a relationship with that kind of deep attachment.” He stated, “You really love her don’t you?”

            “The first girl I’ve ever opened my heart to,” I reminisced the 14 year old me entering a new world entirely different from what I was accustomed to, and a girl approaching with a glowing smile and chubby cheeks. “Let’s be friends!” she told me while stretching her arms for a hand shake. That’s the very first time I met Sulli.

            “Today is supposed to be our first year anniversary,” I confessed and I heard a stifled gasp from Luhan. I fought the bundle of tears raging to escape from my eyes. Since she broke up with me, I haven’t even shed a tear; because I refuse to accept the reality. But now, it’s scrambling its way up in me and I don’t know how to control the realisation.

            “I’m sorry,” he said although he didn’t have anything to be sorry about. Maybe it’s because he finds me pathetic and pitiful.

            “You have to move on.” he softly said and I turned my head the other way so he won’t see me struggling to hold my tears back.

            “I thought maybe it will just go away. But my feelings towards her seem to intensify instead of lessening as the time goes on.” I heaved out a deep breath.

             I don’t like these kinds of talk. I’m pouring my heart out to someone I hardly know; it’s just not something I’d do. But then again, I’m not myself today. Maybe just for today, I’ll let myself be someone else. Be a Jongin that shares emotions, a vulnerable one, broken and in pain.

             Just for one day.

             Just for today.

             And so I held back no more. I let my tears fall freely from my eyes, burning its way down till it hits the ground. I feel my throat tightening making it harder for me to breath. For the first time in years, I sobbed my heart away. I bare my soul in front of a person I barely know. Aside from knowing his name – Luhan – and that he can be annoyingly persistent, talkative, straightforward, and blunt, I know nothing about him. And yet, here he is seeing the side of me no one else has seen.

            Without realising it, I’m weeping in Luhan’s arms. I bury my face on his shoulder feeling my tears drench the piece of clothing that covers that part of his body. I feel his arms around me tighten its hold in a comforting manner as he rests his head on top of mine.

            “It will be okay.” He whispered.

             Today, I’ll cry; because it will be the last time I’ll cry for her. After tonight, she won’t be the centre of my world. She’ll just be a part of my past that will soon be hazy in my memory. But for now, I’ll cry for her.

             He cupped my face with his warm hands and looked deep into my eyes. “You will move on, because it will only make it harder for you to let her go later on if you don’t.”

             “I know,” I answered softly looking down as he lets go of my face and place one hand on my shoulder and the other hanging loosely on his side.

             “You know the best way of letting your emotions out?” he asked, his cheerful self, coming back to life. I looked at him curiously.

             “Watch me..” he said as he turned to face the edge of the rooftop with only the railings and the millions of padlocks preventing him from falling.

             “I MISS YOU!!!!” he screamed on the top of his lungs startling the few people behind us. Then he turned and smiled at me, “try it! It makes you feel lighter inside.”

              I stared at him rather stunned. He held my arm and pulled me towards him. “Trust me, it will make you feel better!” he exclaimed with a bright smile.

              Maybe it’s worth the shot. I leaned towards the railings, “YOU FOOL!” I shouted, “WHY?!”  

              Surprisingly, it does take some weight off of me. It made me feel lighter inside, so I continued releasing the emotions I supressed within myself for so long. It felt quite good. I felt rather insane as if I’ve lost my mind; it’s just not something I’d do. But right now, I don’t really care. I started laughing; laughing at my own lunacy. I realised I was crying and laughing at the same time.

              In short, we spent our time in Namsam tower, crying, shouting, and laughing. I don’t even know where the drink I was holding earlier has gone to.  I cried and laughed my pain away. But what makes it even better is that someone was laughing there with me.

 

-----------

             “Do you want to come in?” Luhan invited as he search for his keys in his bag. I decided to walk him home albeit his insistent refusal. I thought it’s just fair since he carried me home on his back that time we went karaoke. Since then I felt like I owe him, and I don’t like being in debt.

             “No, it’s okay. I have to be home soon. Sehun’s mum prepared some kind of farewell dinner for us.”

             By tomorrow, we’ll move out the house and it will be the first time Sehun will live in another house without the comfort of his parents.

             “Okay, get home safely!” he waved spastically at me, standing at the entrance of the apartment block that he lives in.

             I started walking away still contemplating whether I should say something to him, a thank you maybe. I’m not very good at expressing gratefulness and I’ve already thanked him twice today which is unusual of me. I raise my hand without turning around as a small goodbye gesture.

             “Jong!” I heard him call out making me halt in my steps. I turned slightly, enough to see Luhan in my field of vision.

             “Hope you enjoyed today! See you tomorrow!” he beamed with his usual big grin.

              Truthfully, if I hadn’t met Luhan today, I’d probably still be sulking. He isn’t as bad as I thought he’d be.

             “Thank you for today,” I said sincerely, giving him a small smile as I watch him disappear behind the wooden entrance door.

 

-----------------------

 

              I plopped down on my bed, sighing heavily as I felt the exhaustion hit my body. I turned my head to the side to see Sehun on his phone with an unreadable expression. It falls between happy and upset.

              “What’s wrong with you?” I asked. Our beds are close to each other with only two bedside tables separating it.  

              “Jongdae, Junmyeon, and Min seok hyung are with the Chinese members right now to give hyung a surprise birthday party. I really want to go but we can’t because we have to spend tonight with my family since we’re moving out tomorrow.” He said turning his head to face me as he lay lazily on his bed.

               I crunch my eyebrows together in confusion, “Who hyung?”

               “Oh,” he said realising he forgot to mention the name. “It’s Luhan hyung’s birthday today.”

                Luhan hyung’s birthday today.

                It echoed in my mine as I stare at him dumbfounded. I’ve been with him whole day and I didn’t know it’s his birthday; not that he mentioned it either. And he also gave me a gift when I am supposed to be the one buying him something. I buried my face in my pillow in frustration feeling like a failure. There I was crying my heart out when he should have been celebrating happily. I feel like an idiot.

                That fool.

 

-----------------------

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Meeeeeeh, not very satisfied with this chap~ paha!

Well anyway, I need your suggestions my Buffaloes!!! 

I have this story, which I'm gonna write after I finish this one. But, I'm not sure what pairing to use as the main! I'm kinda torn between Kaihan and Hunhan!

So, tell me what pairing you'd want to read next! It doesnt have to be Kaihun or hunhan, which ever one you'd want! :)

 

PLOT:

 

Luhan and Kris are from another world. A world where your life span is decided by the 'Gods'. Your death is already planned from the moment you were born. When the son of the general found out that the pretty boy who lived at the other side of the wall is going to die, he took him to run away. To run away from his fate, from his death. They crossed the portal to another dimension, another world called Earth. There, they met significant people along the way. Where will their journey take them?

 

Is the plot good enough? Tell me what you think! :) The pairing that gets the most vote will be the main characters.

Anyway! Hope this chapter is okay!

I'll try to write a better one next time!

I have exams in the next three weeks so I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again :'(

But I'll try to update as much as I can~

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

I love comments too! Pahhaa~ =D

Enjoy!<3

 

|| Teardrops ||