VII. Sittin’ Here Eatin’ My Heart Out

Versions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Joohyun had thrown me out of her dorm room post , the marching band wouldn't willingly disperse or leave the dorm, so my roommates had to pelt them with water balloons filled with kimchi-jjigae. 
 

Then unsurprisingly, Irene once again started avoiding me like the plague. Who knew that embarrassing someone in front of God and all creation would make them run for the hills? We'd already had twice, but still couldn't seem to hold a proper conversation. It seemed we had no problem taking off our clothes and hopping on top of each other like bunnies on a trampoline, but string two words together? Fuhgeddaboudit. It was really disheartening, and it was getting harder and harder for me not to feel used. Curse my abs and my teddy bear charms! Like, it's tough being this cute, guys. I was almost ready to give up and just let Joohyun go, but Lisa had other plans. 

 

“You have to make her jealous,” my hyperactive friend said.

 

“That’s not gonna work. The whole reason she won’t give me the time of day is because I’m apparently an emotional ,” I pointed out. 

 

“Ohnonono, my friend,” Lisa said, throwing an arm around my shoulder. “First of all, you coined that 'emotional ' term. Irene never called you that. Second, you're not gonna get yourself emotionally ted up. You’re gonna get yourself a new best friend.” 

 

“Um… she’s seen you guys. She knows I have new friends.”

 

My new friends were lost in their own strange, little world.
 

“Do your farts ever sound like goose mating calls?” Yeri asked Jisoo.

 

“Oh, all the time. You know what I always say, ‘If the geese are a-flockin’, don’t come a-knockin’,” Jisoo said, barely looking up from her phone.

 

“You’re right. You do always say that,” Yeri nodded. 

 

“People always wonder how Jisoo can be so gorgeous and still be single,” Joy commented. “This is why.” 

 

“They’re intimidated by my beauty,” Jisoo answered absentmindedly. 

 

“They’re intimidated by your lack of self-awareness,” Joy corrected.

 

“They’re intimidated by her bodily functions,” Yeri volunteered. 

 

“They’re probably scared of geese,” Jisoo said. 
 

 

“No, Irene knows you have... these idiots," said Lisa, the captain of the idiots. "You’re gonna get yourself the kind of friend that she was. Y’know, a secret handshake, inside jok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter