Night Out -Part 2

The girl in my dreams is our new student?

After eating, Jimin and I decided to walk around the vicinity of our university. It was a beautiful night with a crescent moon and a million stars shining over us. As we walked side-by-side, I took my phone out and started typing. Not long after, Jimin’s phone dinged a notification. 

JJ (Jeongi Jagi): Hello. I met you already, we ate at a Korean restaurant. Sorry, I made you wait. Also, you auditioned for the school’s dance squad. Do you dance? No way! 

Jimin stopped her tracks and looked up at me, eyebrows furrowed. “It’s been hours since I texted you, Jeo. And we’ve already met!” I laughed and said, “I didn’t get to reply.” I shrugged. She rolled her eyes and hit my arm. We continue walking, looking around the neighborhood. It’s the city, so the establishments usually close at 12 a.m. “Y-yes. I dance.” Jimin said shyly. “The results come out next week. I hope I get in.” A big sigh came out from the taller one. It made me wonder myself, for the 2 years in the university, I never thought of joining an organization. Maybe it’s because I felt content just hanging out with Ning and Aeri. Although it was like joining their dates for the sake of “getting me outside the dorm” as they both said, they never made me feel like I was intruding on them or like I was a thirdwheel. “Hmmm, I’m not so sure you’ll get in. The members there are very cool. Now that I got to spend more time with you, a.k.a a whole day, you’re pretty much a walking loser, no?” I chuckled and turned to face her. My heart swelled. It’s like someone punched my stomach and gripped my heart, in a good way. Seeing this sight under the stars and city lights. A cute Karina, with her oversized hoodie with the hood covering half her face, standing still with a pout on her face. 

I was unconsciously walking my way towards her, arms reaching out. Like a perfect piece to a puzzle, my arms found its way around her waist. I was nuzzling my face on her chest with my eyes closed, just feeling the soft fabric against my skin. Hmm soft, comfy. “I’m sorry. I was just teasing you, you know? You look really cool right now.” I let out.  Jimin returned the hug and rubbed her chin against the temple of my head, “I know.” She said. That’s the moment I panicked. Of course, this wasn’t one of my daydream escapades. , . How did this happen? Why did this happen? Was it because she looked so soft? Is there a voodoo doll somewhere? 

I couldn’t move. I am utterly taken aback by myself. I was NEVER this cuddly.  Not even to Ning and Aeri! When did I start speaking in a much more playful tone? When did I generally seem more comfortable than before? I’m not sure how to feel about it. I feel… vulnerable. But there's no denying that spending time with her was very much enjoyable. I pulled out of the hug in an instant and started walking ahead without looking back. “You know, you’re really good at this running away, Jeongie,” Jimin said as she was walking behind me. “Jagiya, wait up!” 

It was getting colder the later it got in the night. I hate the cold. I easily get cold for some reason. I had my arms crossed as we were looking for an ice cream stall. Not long after, I started rubbing my hands for some warmth and placing it inside the pockets of my sweatpants. It’s not even freezing cold. Why the do I feel cold? Am I deficient in iron? Is it possible for Iron Man to be iron deficient? Heh. Iron Man with iron deficiency. I chuckled. We went inside the ice cream store we found and as soon as we opened the doors, cold airconditioned air made its way to my body. It felt like Elsa was vaping in front of me. Blowing the clouds of vapor right to my ing face. My body shivered. But what made me shiver even more was the sudden act of Jimin wearing her hoodie on me. It slid right in as it was an oversized hoodie. “Thank you,” I told her before she turned to the cashier to order for us.
 
We finally bought some ice cream and decided to drop by the park to walk around there instead. While Jimin was munching on her ice cream, she suddenly mentioned, “You smell good by the way. Your perfumer definitely made you even more baby girl than you already are.” B-baby girl? What Is she trying to flirt with me? Oh, but it’s literally the first day we met. Is that possible? Aren’t people from the LGBT spectrum quick to fall in love or something? Is this the equivalent of them moving in 3 weeks after they met? I suddenly felt a nudge on my shoulder. “Oh, uhm. It’s Aeri’s. She said that I should wear one if I have to meet someone. And, speaking of!” my phone started ringing. 

*on call*
Aeri: hi baby! (hi love~ *Ningning butted in) How is your date going? 
MJ: It’s not a date. We are just hanging out! Why are you calling? (Oh, this isn’t a date Jagiya? *Karina said)
Aeri: J-jagiya? Did I hear that right MJ? Also, I’m just checking up on you because curfew you know?
MJ: It’s Korean. I don’t even know what it means. We’ll be back before our dorm curfew. Don’t worry.
Aeri: Yea, no MJ. How are you Korean and you don’t know what Jagiya means? (*Ningning laughs in the background*)
MJ: Eh?
Aeri: It means BABE MJ. BABE.
MJ: I don’t trust you. Also, you’re Japanese. Why do you know Korean?! Anyway, got to go. Bye!
Aeri: K. LOVE YOU.  (Me too! *Ningning said) Tell Karina to look after you and bring you back here safely.
MJ: Ok. I love you too. *MJ says something muffled* (Will do Giselle! *Karina replied)

*call ended*

So, was Karina trying to call me babe earlier? The specific scenario kept replaying in my mind like a broken record as we were walking on the way back to my dorm. “And if I call you 자기야 (babe)?”, “Jagiya, wait up!” Ringing in my ear. I didn’t notice we already arrived at the dorm until Jimin pulled my arm to stop me from walking. “Ah! Jagiya!” I screamed as I jumped in shock. Oh, . “Huh? D-did you just?” Jimin said, eyes getting wide. What the do I do? I mean she knows I don’t know Korean. What if I just…”I- I mean you call me that. So, w-why can’t I call you that too? It’s not a weird call name, right? I’m trusting you Jimin.” I said. Am I really feeding my own delusions right now? Let the games begin, Jimin. Says the only person playing the game. “For sure you can call me that! It’s nothing…weird… I swear!” Jimin giddily said. She looks like a child right now. Her smile was wide, eyes smiling like the crescent moon. She looks… happy. I smiled at her softly. “Good night, Jagiya. I’ll return this hoodie after I get it washed. Thank you for walking me to the dorm.” 

That late-night walk felt like a way to feed my delusions. But, crazy how we’ve already bonded this much only for the first day of hanging out together. It felt like we’d already met in our past lives.

And just like that, I fell asleep smiling for the first time.