Hey, Daydreamer.

The girl in my dreams is our new student?

I’ve been dreaming about this girl for a while now. Daydreaming, dreaming, just this girl that shows up in my head whenever I need a break or some kind of rest. All I have to do is close my eyes and like magic, my neurons start drifting me to my dreams. It has been intense. Intense, meaning she held my hand. I am not particularly great or should I say cool about situations like that. I WILL gay panic.

I fell asleep too early and woke up too late today. That damn PE class really got me exhausted. You have to understand, I only like playing badminton as a physical activity. But my slow hands got me enlisted in a basketball class. Anyhow, I rushed my way to class forgetting about the readings we were supposed to read up on for today’s recitation. I hurriedly took my readings out and started scanning when our professor walked in to let us know we had a new transfer. 

​​My ears perked up hearing the teacher say a new transfer student will be arriving. The thought of having a new face around is nice. But I didn't really mind after the announcement. I resumed cramming readings for today's lecture and spaced out from the rest of my peers. The background noise of my classmates surprisingly helps. The chatters, the rummaging of their stuff, etc. I wouldn't have noticed anything if the environment stayed the same. But no, everyone went silent. That's when I shot my head up to see where everyone was looking. And when I did, it felt like my soul left my body and went on a road trip to purgatory. Tell me, how is the girl who I've been seeing in my dreams, by the doorframe of our classroom?

I see her standing by the door... Just like she is in my dreams, with soft black hair and pale skin, a black uniform that hugs her perfect hourglass figure. She looks around the room, a slight smile on her face as she takes in the new atmosphere. When she noticed me staring at her, she grinned wider and started walking toward me.  me.

I immediately look away. "How is this possible?" I whisper to myself. You panic as you see her walk towards you. Hands sweating, ears heating up, your legs start to fidget. All it took was one blink to miss her walk towards me. Because now, she suddenly standing in front of me. Our classmates shoot their eyes at this interaction. I hear them mumble phrases like "Do they know each other?" I started getting nervous even more because I personally do not know her and I don't know how to address her. I can't tell everyone she's the girl in my dreams, can I?

I find your feet stepping back a bit in surprise at her sudden closeness. The rest of the class is watching the scene play out, whispering to each other as she smiles at me. She speaks to me in a low voice, though everyone else in class can hear. "Hi, new friend!" Her smile widens as she continues speaking. "I noticed you looking at me earlier, and now I'm thinking maybe you'd like to be friends?" She winks, and a few students snicker at her flirting.

"O-oh. Yes, hi... new friend..." I gave an awkward smile. This is not how I imagined my college experience to be. I wanted to stay lowkey, just survive this hell hole, and make it to graduation. That WAS the plan. But now I have an ethereal woman in front of me telling me we’re friends...?

I suddenly realize I'm staring at her again,  'Why the am I staring? STOP. Minjeong please get up', as her smile grew warmer. Before I can say anything else, she speaks again, continuing the conversation. "My name is Yoo Karina." Her cheeks flushed, and she let out a nervous chuckle. She extended a hand to me, but I was too stunned to respond. In truth, I'm beginning to feel butterflies in my stomach, and not just from the awkward situation. She's charming in a way you've never experienced before, and yet she seemed just as taken aback by me as I am by her.

So help me God.

Karina was surprisingly well-behaved during class. She sat beside me saying "You're my first friend here. I was hoping I could sit next to you." with a smile so soft like a soft perfectly cooked souflé. I agreed because I knew how it felt not knowing where to sit in a sea of people I did not know. But it was kind of different for Karina. A lot different actually. Everyone was trying to get her to sit with them. Nonetheless, Karina placed her bag beside my chair and sat next to me.

When the class finally ended and everyone got up to leave, Karina leaned over to me and whispered, "Let's meet again later?" Her lips curl back to the same lovely smile from before, but this time her eyes sparkle behind her soft bangs. I nod to her question, my heart racing with excitement in my chest. It seems like you've found yourself a new friend, MJ. A friend that I've already met in my dreams. My throat suddenly goes dry. This is weird. It could be weirder if I don’t tell her. But, if I do tell her she would think that I’m flirting with her which is something I try not to do knowing how receptive she is. 'Dangerous'  I thought.

I was walking on the way to my next class when people from the last class started getting all buddy-buddy with you. "Hey, so you know Karina?", "Are you close? Maybe you can help me with her.", "You never told me you're friends with a literal goddess. If I had known, I could've taken you under my wing!", "Are you dating her? No way right?" God, the comments go on. I was so overwhelmed that all I could respond to them was an awkward smile. This really isn't what I planned my college to be. 

Even in the midst of everyone crowding around me, I noticed Karina standing near the edge of the crowd. She seems just as taken aback by the attention I'm getting as I am. Yea, no . She walked to me and then spoke to me in a hushed tone, still smiling at me warmly. "Don't listen to them," she says, squeezing my hand gently. "They don't know what they're talking about. Just trust me, okay?" She leans closer as she speaks, giving me a tingle when her breath flutters against your cheek.

Karina took my hand and dragged me out of the people crowding over me. 'This really isn't helping at all. It's like feeding fuel to the fire.' You thought anxiously. I warrily look from left to right to see if there are people shooting daggers at me but to no avail. I then let go of Karina's hand and said "I-I think we're okay now. Thank you for saving me -ish back there. I really have to head to my next class." I smiled and hurriedly left. Leaving Karina alone standing still in an empty corridor.

I started to dash off when I heard Karina calling after me. Just why is she chasing me? Does she not have class? Is this all a dream? Just what the is happening? Do I need a therapist? Her voice was soft, but it still filled the hallway with its music. "Hey, wait up!" I turned around just as she hurried around the corner. "What's the rush?" She laughs, her eyebrows raising as she walks towards me. Before I can answer, she speaks again. "I wanted to ask you something." A small smile appeared on her face as she looked up at me. "Can I see you after class?" She bit her lip, an expression that made me weak at the knees.  me. So I just said sure and ran away, AGAIN.