Christmas Special in August [Chanbaek]

Gege
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Christmas Special… In August!

 

Christmas in the EXO dorms was a very special time, as it is in most homes around the world. While some members celebrated Christmas for its religious aspect, others just celebrated the merry time of giving and receiving. Sehun and Tao even still believed in Santa Claus… Kai didn’t have the heart to tell them. The rest of the group tried their best to keep the magic alive for as long as possible. All of the members attended midnight mass, including Suho despite his Buddhist identification. He didn’t want to be left out from what the group was doing. During this time, one member, usually Suho, would slip away to arrange the presents and eat the cookies left out by the younger boys. Kris and Luhan would even respond to their Christmas letters as Santa after intercepting them from the mailbox. 

 

Chanyeol was the most excited about the snow. He enjoyed playing, making snowmen, and having snowball fights like a little kid. Baekhyun was a little more conducted in his Christmas glee but still as joyous as the younger members. Chanyeol also greatly enjoyed opening his presents. It was in fact his favorite part, though one wouldn’t know it based on his attitude. This year he always seemed to find something to complain about. Whether it was waiting in line at the mall so Tao and Sehun could see Santa Clause or the number of gifts he received. Needless to say, this started to frustrate the other group members as they worked their hardest to make the holiday what it was and Chanyeol’s ungratefulness was a growing problem. 

 

“We need to cut back a little on some of the gifts this year,” Baekhyun exclaimed to Suho who sat across from him at the counter. “We’ve had a lot of unexpected expenses this year.”

 

“You’re right, Chanyeol wants mostly electronics. We’ll be able to get about half of the things, but not all of them.”

 

“And the others?”

 

“Mostly little stuff, we should be able to get them those things.”

 

“Yep,” Baekhyun stated. 

 

“Although, you know how Chanyeol likes to compare the piles of gifts. Maybe we should budget a little more for him,” Suho suggested. 

 

“No,” Baekhyun started. “He needs to learn how to be grateful for what he receives.”




 

At 1:23 am on Christmas morning, the group had returned from their midnight mass session and the younger members poured into the living room, ecstatic to see all of the gifts underneath the tree. 

 

“Father went over like ten minutes! Doesn’t he know that some people have to get home to open gifts?” Yet another complaint from Chanyeol added to a long list of complaints starting with having to go to Church at all. 

 

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter