In the Nile

Granting Requests Pt 3 [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OTP: moonsun

Prompt: I would like to see Solar jealous of Moonbyul until she realizes that she has feelings for her. Preferably in the current universe!

A/N: Me, writing moonsun? Why of course. Me, writing non-aus? Barely. It's so vaguely implied I'm just not that great at remembering their details. Also sorry if it's short and not what you'd expect from this prompt... I didn't want something similar to the next ones despite a similar prompts so yeah...

 

-

 

Being an introverted person has its… cons. It’s not a matter of shyness— well, maybe. Sometimes.

 

But most of the time, being an introvert is just not wanting other people breathing near your personal bubble. Or in general, having someone bother you 24/7. Because in reality, introverts feel the heavy toll of having one or two friends.

 

As much as introverts would say they just don’t like people, it’s never been farther from the truth.

 

Introverts— as Yongsun would smartly conclude— just feel deeply for each person they let themselves be close too. And that’s not an annoying chore, it’s an expensive and tiring inevitability.

 

Because even if introverts like Yongsun would be a fun time to be around, her social battery does not recharge in an environment with people— it drains and it drains fast. Despite having fun, that is just not how she recharges. Yongsun would recharge when her personally morphs into a couch.

 

Forgettable, uncannily still, and most importantly, chillin’ away from people.

 

That is why, being in a job that really doesn’t fit the descriptions of her personality shows the choice she took to be more than an introvert.

 

And oh it really does test her patience for people. Because she’s the youngest sibling, she’s not used to tolerating people. She gets what she wants— or she makes it so. 

 

But being put in the oldest and leader role did change her to be a little more flexible and friendly. What she’s very much bothered by is how someone is so naturally flexible and friendly.

 

Moon Byulyi.

 

Yongsun seethes at her ability to charm and ease whoever is near— no matter how old or how young. And it’s an added salt onto her wounds for witnessing the finesse of Moon Byulyi as she’s greasy and just so fun to be around.

 

Oh it really pisses her off.

 

Not only does Yongsun find herself having to do brain gymnastics to be at Byulyi’s level of finesse around people, but she also has to bridge the added gap and difficulty of being the intimidating unnie.

 

Or, as the annoying Byulyi called her the other day, the bad cop to her good cop.

 

Kinda like if santa was intimidating and bossy and Byulyi’s the little friendly elves. Or, you know, a more normal comparison.

 

Nevertheless, Yongsun has been avoiding the ball of sunshine rivaling her brightness— the opacity of her, how dare she be a lot more charming and disarmingly comfortable to be around?

 

How daring is this Moon Byulyi person? 

 

After all those years of taking the burden of being the intimidating, almost unlikeable, and truly distant unnie, it burns Yongsun’s soul in bitter defeat that the kids find Byulyi the more comforting and fun one to be around.

 

Come on, Yongsun would argue that she can and she will be the light of the party. But only if the burden of responsibility, wasn’t hers to bear.

 

Yongsun can easily be as messy and fun as Moon Byulyi if she wasn’t the first and maybe only recipient of the unfiltered pressure and constant painful strikes of being seen as less of a girl group.

 

Or you know, Yongsun thought.

 

Because apparently, the more time passes and the more Moon Byulyi actually shares her story, the more Yongsun… finds it difficult to seeth and judge her.

 

-

 

Moon Byulyi has been in Yongsun’s shoes— and quite frankly, she’d admit instantly that she does not have the heart for it. To be so gently stern, caringly daring, and outright stable and reliable.

 

The perfect person to lean on, as she would aptly describe.

 

Because Moon Byulyi is the type to make people comfortable, keep the harmony and just make a fun moment out of every second. And when she was a leader— it was also with Wheein, it did break her heart to a point of fear.

 

A point of, well we’re never doing that again.

 

A defeat and submission to have her dreams just be dreams.

 

Because Moon Byulyi’s crippled and weakened to see the closest member she was with, the silly little person that instigates her to do anything, to ask her to do the funny thing again and again… to just stop.

 

To just fall silent— sad— as defeated as her.

 

If Moon Byulyi was a fighter, she knew she didn’t have the heart to really fight for a victory. Because at heart, the reaso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter