-4.99- The beginnings of a hero

I’m not a hero.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Playlist for the chapter: Re:Beginnings Playlist

 

" Your fevers finally down, but dude...What on gods green earth is going on with your arm!? " You pull yourself to sit up on your bed, watching Ning as she searches for people with the same symptoms as you. Nothing appears however and she's left frustrated, not knowing the answer. Guess that's what happens when you're a genius, problems you can't solve become your number one enemy.

 

" It doesn't hurt or anything though so don't worry too much, besides, it's not spreading anymore. The only worrisome thing is that it's not fading like the fever or the fatigue, it's stayed for a few days." You poke and massage your right arm, watching as the white liquid flows around in your veins. What on earth could it even be though...

 

" Min, would you agree to let me take a sample? I might be able to figure out what it is if I look at it under a microscope if not I could try deconstructing it or something, since you said that it doesn't hurt I think we can leave it alone for now... Definitely tell your mom if it starts hurting though." You nod and bring up your arm, resting it on the nightstand as Yizhuo pulls out a scalpel, a small tube bottle thing and some alcohol swabs from her bag. Why the does she have that in her bag?

 

" Okay hold still because I definitely did not just google how to take blood from someone yesterday, only an idiot would do that." Will I survive this... You squint in fear watching as the sharp edge of the scalpel gets closer and closer to one of the white veins, cringing at how shaky Yizhuo's hand is. Oh god, Mom help.

 

A slight prick and suddenly you're able to relax, watching as the white liquid flows out. Is it...moving? You watch as the liquid seemingly boils as it flows into the vial before hardening. What the is that, seriously.

 

"It's boiling...then hardening? Min, that's- no liquid does that without outside influence. What in gods name has entered your veins..." Wish I ing knew.

 

"Okay, I'll try to go and run some tests on it. But first gimme a sec, I should have a plaster somewhere in my bag. Probably shouldn't just leave the wound exposed, especially since we don't know what the hell it is." Watching as Yizhuo rustles through her bag, you close your eyes and think of the old lady. Probably should call her the witch at this point.

 

You remember how she'd poured her blood over both yours and Yizhuo's hands, how the spider was on her shoulder, the warning she gave you and the words she said. Something still felt amiss, as if you're forgetting something. You think back again. First, the both of you entered the store and she offered a free reading for students. Hold on, wait. She called you Minjeong and Yizhuo, didn't she? Did the both of you even introduce yourselves? No way...Ho-how did she know our names that day then?

 

 Second, when you entered the room for the reading, there were curtains around the table. What was on the table... There was a crystal ball, a bucket of water, napkins, a ritual knife...What did it look like again?

 

" Minjeong, what the ?!" Your eyes snap open and you look up at Ning, confused.

 

" Why? What happened?" Her hand was shaking as she pointed down to your arm, you furrow your brows before finally looking down.

 

The sight that greeted you was one of the ritual knife from the Witches shop, made from the white liquid in your veins. WHAT THE !?

 

"I-I don't know what the  is this Ning, seriously- I was just thinking of what we saw when we went to that shop and I remembered that there was this knife and now that kni-" You look back up to Yizhuo who was blinking rapidly at you as you tried to explain what the hell was going on. I mean, I don't even know what the is going on. How the am I supposed to be able to explain?

 

" First, lets calm down and breathe... Okay remain calm, let's put down the knife cause to be honest Min, I don't trust you with it." You roll your eyes, releasing the grip you had on the blade. It doesn't fall, simply boiling into mist as the wound from before closes up. 

 

" Wha..." Too many amazing things are happening at once and you do not know how to deal with it, at all.

 

" That is so totally a superpower, we are literally in a fictional story you cannot tell me otherwise. Wait this is so good, come on! We should try what other powers you have, who knows if this gets even better!" Yizhuo latches onto your hand and pulls you up to your feet, dragging you out of your house. Is she not gonna give me time to process the fact I have a legit superpower... Is this really a superpower anyway?!

 

Where the hell did Ning Yizhuo bring me. 

"Okay, this is seriously creeping me out Ning- Where the hell is this? You're not gonna kill me cause of what happened right, I swear I'm not some alien and I have absolutely zero motivation to even conquer earth. Nor do I have enough energy and brain to do that so I promise, theres really no need." You're going further and further into the alley and the lamps don't even work anymore.

                                                                                                                                                                  

" Why are you so dramatic?? Come on, get in there." She unlocks a door for you and you gulp before finally heading in, what greets you is a small room. Only about the size of half a room in your apartment, maybe 4mx4mx2m you'd guess. There was a laptop with a monitor on one desk, another desk with beakers flasks and more chemistry stuff you wouldn't be able to name, even the thing that evaporates and condensates stuff.

 

There was three pillows thrown on top of each other at one of the corners with a blanket covering all of them messily, and a white board mounted on one of the walls.

 

" You own this place?" You walk to the chair before the laptop and sit down, taking in the room.

 

" Nahhhh I totally just brought you to a strangers rented room, you know? It's like such a coincidence they like exactly the things I like, and I have the key for this place- Yes, I own it Minjeong. Wait I mean technically I don't? I rent it for $50 a month it's supposed to just be storage space so the owner was careless and left his wifi unprotected, well other than the password so... Basically I use this place to play games on better wifi, and I do some of my projects here since the password for all of the storages are hella easy to get. " You look at Ning, waiting for her to continue the sentence. As if that's all.

 

" And one of our teachers banned me from using the science lab because I kept proving his theories to be wrong, I mean he's a teacher! Why is he trying to feed faulty scientific theories to 15 year olds!? He leaves his stupid equipment that he uses to try and prove those stupid theories in the storage room two doors down, I'm not stealing- just using it for projects that ACTUALLY work." You sigh, Mr Ong probably. That guy was your chem teacher last year and the only thing he taught was his stupid projects rather than the syllabus, something about how each cell in our body is a world and how earth was just a cell to another being and how t

Please log in to read the full chapter