-2- To be a student

I’m not a hero.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Playlist for the au: Swinging to the past Playlist

 Or Loving in a one way street Playlist

 

" Minjeong! WAKE UP! It's 8:30! You're late!" A frantic Taeyeon bursts into your room with your school bag and swings it onto your body. You let out a groan and push it off to the floor. 

 

" Urgh! Mom! Don't throw that on me! I'll get ready now!" You hop off your bed and immediately brush your teeth, wash your face and comb your hair while gurling mouthwash

 

" Want me to drive you to school?" Your mom says as she pulls out a black graphic hoodie and a pair of black cargo pants for you, laying it besides socks and a pair of Adidas shoes.

 

You rush back into your room and throw everything off then on.

 

" No need, the schools an hour away so I'm definitely late anyway. New York traffic, we're used to it. Love you, get to the restaurant safe okay?" You give your mom a hug before running out the door and giving Ning Ning a call.

 

" Min, where are you? I don't see you anywhere in the cafeteria, it's on the left side once you enter through the main gate I'm waiting for you to go to class together. We have the same classes except electives."  Should I...

 

"Ning, should I swing to school?" You pull out a black face mask and pull your bangs over your eyes, hooking the elastics of the mask on your ears. 

 

" YOU'RE NOT HERE!?!? YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE! YOU LIVE AN HOUR AWAY!" You groan and run as fast as you can, a good part of being bitten by a spider is your stamina not running out.


 

" An hour if I'm going by car, one and a half if it's the subway, but not if I just swing there!" You run up a buildings fire escape, already half deciding to swing there.

 

" Do you even have your suit with you??" If only you did, you wouldn't be debating whether you should swing there.

 

" Go to the school roof and wait for me, borrow me your jacket for today." You pull up the hood of your hoodie, hopping off the ledge and diving before swinging off. Please, I can't be late on the first day of school.

 

" It's 8:40, you have 20 minutes Minjeong. You better swing like there's an explosion waiting to happen here," You groan into your airpods and webzip between a few buildings, praying that no one's looking up.

 

Please don't notice me please don't notice me please don't notice me.

 

" Yah Kim Minjeong, when are you going to colourize that damn closet of yours?!"  You click your tongue at your best friend and roll your eyes.

 

" How do you know what I'm wearing???" She laughs.

 

"  Sources show Spider-Man swinging at high speeds above town in complete black, a new suit? We hope you get there in time spiderman! Must be tough, being so popular hahaha."  You groan, before zipping to push yourself off another water tank, diving and swinging to gain speed again.

 

" They stalking me or something? Do I need to change? I have a T-shirt underneath my hoodie," It's almost spring but it's still cold out, you'd hate to have to change into only a T-shirt.

 

" Nah I think it's okay, since you're rushing really badly all the photos are blurry." Thank heavens.

 

" BUT you have 10 minutes left, where are you!?" You look below and spot-

 

" Trinity Church! 2 minutes away now!" You pull yourself to the bell tower before pushing yourself off with your arms and zipping to a window, swinging again.

 

" Did you seriously just cover an hours travel in 15 minutes... God I'm jealous." You laugh at your friends plight as you spot more and more sport cars, jaguars, rolls Royce, Bugattis and Ferraris. Rich kids... oh to have generational wealth.

 

You point launch yourself from the building next to the school, landing yourself on the roof of the school where you can spot Ning Ning looking up at you.

 

 " I need your jacket, if I'm seen wearing all black people might suspect me." You extend your hand towards your childhood friend as your other hand begins fixing your hair, which looked as if you'd just gone through a hurricane.

 

" Don't complain, it's a varsity one." That was green, god you hate green. You wouldn't even blame yourself for hating the god forsaken colour, Scorpio, Vulture, Doctor Octavius... Traumatic even.

 

" What's our first class?" You open the roof door and begin speeding down the steps, Yizhuo right behind you. Pulling out her schedule from her backpack.

 

" Chem, it's to your left." She pulls you by your hood as you turn to your right and both of you begin sprinting down the halls.

 

You pull out your phone, changing the song but also checking the time. 8:55 , I can't zip in a ing hallway of people please run faster.

 

" Minjeong! Turn right!" You do as Ning says and run straight down the hall as Ning Ning slows down, panting.

 

" Wait for me you piece of ! I don't have the same- damn-" You pull Nings hand with you as you run, silently thanking your spider stamina once again.

 

Once you finally get to the class, you're left feeling a little winded. The same would not go for your bestfriend, who looked as if she'd just finished running a marathon.

 

" Ms Ning, Ms Kim. Glad to see you've made it on the chopping block, be earlier next time please. Take your seats." 8:59...Thank ing god! KIM MINJEONG-1 SLEEP-0

 

" M-Min, there's two seats. At the- ba-back, there." You laugh at how Yizhuo was still panting and help her take her bag before walking to the empty seats, right beside two girls who occupied the window seats. Weird...Usually students love the window tables?

 

You hang both your bags on your chairs before taking out your notebooks and pencil case, finally removing your face mask. Glad that the pandemic was settling down since you only had to wear them on public transport now.

 

" So, we're not gonna be having lessons yet. I'd just like our class to get to know each other, so introduce yourself to your table mates. For my classes the four on the table make one team, so make sure to get along well." You look to your left and see a Japanese looking girl, you then lean back abit to see- Karina.

 

" Hi! I'm Ning, Ning Yizhuo! From Harbin China." You see the Japanese girl smile at your friend, holding her hand out for a handshake. 

 

" Aeri Uchinaga, You can call me Giselle if you find it hard to pronounce" she holds her hand out to you, you clear your throat before holding it

 

" Kim Minjeong, No worries. I'm Korean ." She widens her eyes, nodding to you and shaking your hand.

 

" Jimin is Korean too! Jimin, introduce yourself ." She leans backwards and now that you have a clear line of sight you can definitely confirm. It's Karina.

 

" Bae Jimin, call me Karina." Her tone was cold and her face expressionless, was this really the same person you met yesterday??

 

" Okay, that's enough for now! Now, I need to appoint two of you as my classes subject leads. Any volunteers?" You look back down on your notebook and begin drawing a design for a new suit.

 

The one you're using is...ugly. A costume you and Yi found in a thrift shop with a spider logo on it, while it has sentimentality to it you'd rather a normal suit. And hopefully not latex this time. (ooOo new suit design~ )

 

" So, Choi Yerim and Ning Yizhuo yes?" Oh? Ning volunteered?

 

" Maybe I can start borrowing chemicals to improve your web fluid and create new-" You clasps your hand over her lips and shake your head at her.

 

" Gadgets." She finishes her sentence anyway and you sigh.

 

" Dont- get in trouble." You go back to drawing and tune out the professors voice, your grades do well enough for you to relax. luckily.

 

" Oh! Do you think if I got hydrofluoric acid and I made it even more concentrated then put it in like a grenade for you to throw at enemies, it'll work?" Yizhuo whispers into your ears and you groan, smacking her arm.

 

" We're not killing anyone, Ning. That's final. I'm serious when I say that. Now be quiet and listen to class already, " She rolls her eyes at you before snatching your notebook.

 

" It's chemistry, at this point I have a free pass NOT to listen." You groan again, stupid science competitions and your friend being the constant winner of them. You swear you've never even seen her science grades drop below a 99% and even then your friend would start arguing with teachers about the one question she gets wrong.

 

So you give up, surrendering yourself to an hour of chemistry.

 

Time skip

" Next class is... physics, god did they have to put the two demons right beside each other??" You pack up your books and materials, slinging the bag over your shoulders before pushing the chair in.

 

" Hey they're my angels you know!?" Ning chides from beside you and you're rolling your eyes again.

 

" Oh god. Please never call Chemistry and Physics angels, that's like- saying Stalin was a saint." The both of you turn around to see Aeri and Karina walking behind you, already swinging their bags onto their shoulders.

 

" But it's so easy!" Should you smack Ning Ning today? You're leaning to a yes.

 

" For you, not for the rest of the world Miss Ning." If only you had a recorder, you would have recorded her voice to be kept in a museum forever. Okay that's wayy too creepy Kim Minjeong.

 

" Hey, you can't say that either! You're insane at chemistry and especially business." Business course, makes sense

 

" And you, my dear. Are one of the only scholarship atheletes in this school, you're great in your own way too." Dear?

 

" What about you Minjeong, what are you good at?" Aeri gives you a hi five and you rack your brain a little.

 

" I'm good at literature and Music..." Aeri's eyes widen a little while Karina's eyes squint at you. Did I say somethi

Please log in to read the full chapter