To be healed.

I’m not a hero.
Please log in to read the full chapter


"Oh! Minjeong! It's been a long time~ how's your music things coming along?" The burly man cheers at the sight of Winter, hair a mess, yawning, on her way to the washroom.

 

" It's been fine, Aichush haven't been...having strikes of motivation that often." Another yawn, the hero enters the toilet and begins brushing her teeth, eyelids still half closed.

 

"Min, where are you?" A quiet shy voice echoes outside the door, Winter continues brushing her teeth. One blink, two. 

 

Wait. Oh, OH RIGHT!

 

"J-Jusht in Herre!" Peeking out behind the door, Minjeong stares in bewilderment at how Karina immediately bursts out into laughter at her, going as far as to crouch down onto the floor.

 

"Aouh." Spitting out the toothpaste that was overflowing from her lips, Winter let the toothbrush hang between her molars, grabbing Jimin's arms and pulling her into the bathroom.

 

"Morning Rina." Still holding the woman's arms, Minjeong slides her hands down to hold the older's hands.

 

" Good morning, you've single-handedly made my entire start of the day, seriously. 10/10. Why did you pull me in here though?" Finally remembering what she was trying to do, the younger girl stops gazing into Jimin's eyes and instead, Minjeong quickly squats onto the floor, pulling the sink cabinet open.

 

Flipping through the different boxes for different bathroom supplies with her left hand, Winter continues to brush her teeth with her right, finally spotting the black box.

 

"Thoothhbruph." Inside, besides two boxes of toothpaste was a pack of toothbrushes, the hero quickly rips the packaging for the blue toothbrush before handing it over. Jimin stares at it for a few seconds.

 

"...thanks." Winter helps to squeeze a dot of toothpaste onto the new toothbrush once Jimin had run it under the water before going back to brushing her teeth.

 

Standing in silence, the only accompaniment being the sounds of their brushing, the two girls glance at each other before snorting at the situation they were in.

 

"I wasn't expecting to be doing this with you today." Jimin quickly says, trying to control her laughter.

 

" I washnt aiehthe, bhuut wiphe waorks yin meeshdewioush ways." And her efforts would be in vain, her eyes overfilled with affection at the way the hero fumbled over her words.

 

Finally, Minjeong decides to wash out the toothpaste before gurgling mouthwash, Rina following suit.

 

"What do you want to do today?" Karina takes the bottle of face wash before pressing a line onto her palm, four dots on Minjeong's forehead, cheeks and nose. Deciding to be annoying, she uses the girl's chin to close the lid. Beaming at the younger girl to ask for forgiveness.

 

"You- ...I think I'll just do my normal Spider-Man things. Too much has been happening these past few days, the city still needs their friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man ." Lathering the facial cleanser onto their faces, both girls look towards each other in sync, bursting out in laughter once again.

 

"Ya Kim Minjeong, what're you laughing in the bathroom for- oh. How cute~" The two girls immediately turn to the door, Taeyeon standing there in an oversized t-shirt and shorts with a spatula in her hands.

 

" Good morning Ms Kim!"

 

"Morn' Ma. You're making something?" Minjeong turns the tap on, bringing her face down to wash off the foam.

 

"Yea, your uncles were asking for it." Watching as her mom glances back to the living room, Minjeong lowers her voice a little before asking.

 

"Why are they here anyway? It's not like they really care." Raising her eyebrows up all the way, Taeyeon quickly smacked her daughter's shoulder.

 

"Minjeong! Don't say those things! Isn't it about time you forgive them already?" Booping her daughter on the nose, Taeyeon once again glances to the living room, making sure Minjeong's uncles weren't able to hear them.

 

"I'll never forgive them for what they said to you when dad died. Or when they tried to take me from you." Sighing, the older woman only shook her head before motioning to go back to the kitchen.

 

" It was out of concern, it's hard being a single mom." The hero only furrows her brows, irritated.

 

" They were belittling you. You were always going to do a good job, you've proved yourself either way." Taking a step back, the chef leaves the two teenagers in the bathroom by themselves.

 

"Hey hey... you good?" Jimin places her hand on Minjeong's shoulder, worried at the way the younger girl was staring at the closed door.

 

"Y-yeah, I'll tell mom I need to go find Ning for something, do you want me to swing you back home? Or do you want to eat brunch with us?" Finally looking away from the door, Winter decides to stare at Jimin instead, still in a little bit of a daze.

 

"I'll take a look around your room." Jimin wipes away a little line of foam that remained on Minjeong's chin.

 

"You're only gonna find trash." Thinking about what was in her room, Minjeong could only worry.

 

"Trash can tell me what you get up to, so it's not too bad. Unless you just have a lot of tis-" Smacking the older girl on the shoulder, Minjeong gasps at her.

 

" You did NOT just say that! No I don't!"

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

"SHUT THE UP! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" Hearing the yelling coming from her right, Minjeong quickly web zips to a window on her left, swinging herself towards the commotion.

 

Perching on top of a signage board, Minjeong finally spots the grown man standing outside a shop house, screaming at a young girl.

 

" JUST LEAVE ALREADY! MOM SAID SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE YOU!" Quickly running up to the two, the hero slides herself in between the father and daughter.

 

" Alright guys, not one for butting into familial issues but let's calm down a little here, think we're being a little too heated right now?" Using her hands to fan wind at the man's face, Minjeong can't help but notice the way the teen behind her grabs onto her waist, leaning her head on her back.

 

" This isn't something some wanna be hero should poke their nose in, off." The man tries pushing past the wanna be hero, only for his efforts to be in vain as Spider-Man remains rooted to the ground.

 

"Let's talk this out, calmly, like adults. Tell me what's going on."

 

"Think you're the ing law enforc-"

 

"He keeps coming to my mom for money, they've been divorced for 5 months already, he shouldn't even be here!" The girl raises her voice, choking on her tears slightly.

 

"You're too young to understand what adults have to go through, this is for our sake! Do you think your mom will be able to raise you well? Single mothers never raise proper children!" The statement triggered the hero, Minjeong slowly pushes the man a step back with her palm.

 

"I think it's best if you leave." 
 

 

"ing piece of , I bet you were raised by a single mom too you mother er, this is what happens when there's no father in the ing picture." The man spits onto the sidewalk, pointing a finger towards the pair of girls.

 

"Don't ever come back, I'll file a ing restraining order on you!" An older woman emerges from the shop, throwing an empty water bottle at the man.

 

" Finally showed your ing face. Give me back my ing money!" The man charges at the mother who stood behind the spider, holding her daughter to her chest.

 

" Just go." Annoyed and irritated, Minjeong slightly pushes the man on his shoulder, sending him to the ground.

 

" Your money?! YOU'RE CALLING CHILD SUPPORT

Please log in to read the full chapter