-4- To be saved

I’m not a hero.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Playlist for the au: Swinging to the past Playlist

 Or Loving in a one way street Playlist

 

my head hurts...My arm feels ing numb, where am I?! You open your eyes, a room you don't recognise. Your left hand comes up to your face, the mask is gone.  , did I get kidnapped? They know who I am now... what do I do, should I run? The window is right there but my head ing hurts.

 

"Is she okay? What did your uncle say?" Yizhuo? You take a breath, if she's here that means you should be safe at least.

 

" She's fine, but her arm is broken. Her head has a huge gash that required a few stitches and she has a really bad concussion right now, Why didn't you guys tell me what was happening?? Wait, is that why you called my phone that day? , Minjeong is spiderman? Like- Actually?" She sounds familiar but...who-

 

" Yeah and yeah...She's spiderman, and I guess I would be the guy in the chair. Don't take it badly Aeri, it's just- we met yesterday for the first time and both of us would really rather to keep this a secret. I mean look at us, sure we've been doing this for 2 years now but we're both 17... The media would go crazy over this, and you've seen public opinion on spiderman haven't you? Sure most of the people love her, but Jameson and the people who follow him..."

 Right, Joe Jonah Jameson...My number one hater, even if I save the world he would say I'm the one who put it in danger in the first place.

 

You stand up, staggering at first but quickly recovering. Limping to the door you grip the handle, twisting it and pushing it. The two girls flinch at the sound, before looking up to meet your eyes. Yizhuo runs to hug you, slightly crushing your lungs and you feel a stab in your rib.

 

"Ning...That hurts." She lets go of you and immediately drags your hand to sit you back onto the bed.

 

" Okay Minjeong,let's get you up to speed." Aeri pulls two chairs for herself and Ning while you nod at her, having half a mind to run out of the room to find Karina. I wonder if those guys have gotten far.

 

"First, it's been two days since the explosion at rodion mall...Karina, has not been found. However Yizhuo has given the information that Jimin is at the fisk tower to Jimin's parents, so now we're just waiting for them to take action." She-she said that her step dad doesn't care about her, will he really send help to her? I should go get her.

 

" Your arm is broken. But, we have observed that you're healing...at an alarming rate thats barely human... That day you passed out from the explosion, I got worried about spiderman and went back into the mall and found you there. Seeing as spidermans brand is basically [unknown masked vigilante] I brought you to my penthouse instead, and I...removed your mask." The doctor who saw my face, what will-

 

" The doctor who stitched you up and put you in that cast is my uncle, so don't worry. He won't reveal your identity, but when I pulled off the mask... God I was so shocked, I mean- you run around beating up villains and robbers and thieves and all this time you were the same age as me...A kid." You bring your hand to touch Aeri's in an attempt to comfort her. Don't compare yourself to a weird teenager with the ability to climb and shoot webs Aeri.

 

" I won't ask for much, but just know that you saved me that day, Minjeong. I will never forget that, from now on please- In anyway, if I can help, allow me to. " She looks up from her hands with newfound determination clear behind her eyes, you shake your head.

 

" It's my pleasure to save the city and you Aeri, but you don't have to return the favour in any way. Under the mask and hero activities I'm just Kim Minjeong, a broke highschool sophmore whose good at studies with a scholarship to the most snobby school ever." She laughs and you smile at her before continuing.

 

" I'm glad you're safe, I'm sorry I couldn't protect Jimin that day..." She shakes her head and places her hand on yours, giving it a tight squeeze.

 

" Minjeong. No one needs to take blame for not being able to protect or save someone, other than the person who hurt them in the first place. Also about the favor thing, fine...You don't have to ask me to help. But I want to help, that sounds confusing- Even with or without the favor I want to be able to do something good with this ridiculous allowance my parents give me other than shopping it all away, alright?" You contemplate it for a moment before finally nodding your head. Cash money might be good.

 

" Right, what about my mom?" Ning looks to her phone and unlocks it before showing you a line of messages 

 

- Ningning do you know where Minjeong is? It's already 11pm, she should be home from school right? are you two hanging out?

_ She was at the bombing site today unnie

- Is she okay?! Which hospital are you guys at?

_ One of our classmates saw us and brought us to their house since the hospital was overloaded min is sleeping in her bed rn

- Classmate? A student from SM High actually helped you guys?

_ Yeah! She's really nice don't worry! Do you want to come over and check on her? 

- I'll go tomorrow, I'll help her clean up her room for today.

--------------------------------------------------

- I just have to say that I'm Minjeong's mom right?

_ Yep!

- Rich kids really are different, this house could probably cost more than 10 years of my salary

_HAHAHAHAHA

_ How is she? I'll swing by after school

- She's stable, but watching her in a hospital bed...

_ Don't worry unnie, she's strong. Do you need someone there with you? I'll ask mom to go over.

- Nono there's no need, I should return to the restaurant anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

_ Are you coming today Unnie?

- Yeah, you're already going over right? tell me her condition!

_She's awake! And already moving about!

- That's a relief, I'm almost there.

 

" She visited yesterday, but don't worry she doesn't know you're spiderman." You nod and pick up your phone, only for you to see that the screen was cracked, bent in a 30• angle and even your headphone jack destroyed. man...

 

" I guess I was too

Please log in to read the full chapter