To be loved

I’m not a hero.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Scrambling up off the floor, Ning pat the dust off her pants before turning back to the girls.

 

"Alright, get in. I'll show you what I realised and the new web fluid." Yizhuo gestures to the metal door, picking up her pistol off the ground before pulling it open for the trio.

 

"Dude, you looked so cool shooting her like that double tap double tap-" Minjeong runs up to her best friend, putting an arm around her shoulder as she ruffled the younger girls hair, getting a reaction from Ning.

 

"You could only wish you were like me." The sassy tone and hair flip gave away the way the girls voice was shaking, perhaps of fear, perhaps of adrenaline.

 

"Yeah, I could only wish..."The hero's grip tightens, an attempt at comforting her best friend.

 

Behind the two, Jimin stood by the side of Chaewon, a hand on the shorter girl's shoulder.

 

The younger girl stands frozen, unmoving from her place as the two older girls made their way into the storage room, already talking about game plans and whatnot 

 

"Chae?" Bending forward slightly to see what was going on, Jimin's eyes landed on the pale face of the younger.

 

Her eyes drilled into the ground, biting her lip in deep contemplation.

 

"Chaewon-ah?" No response, the kid only stood still, pale, a worried look plastered over her face.

 

A shallow breath escapes.

 

 

 

 

 

Giggling, the child spun on her feet, holding her hands behind her back.

 

"Isn't it pretty? Like you!" A beaming smile, leaving the raven questioning if it was the fireworks behind the older girl, or was it the girl's smile itself? What about this was so... mesmerising?

 

A moment passes.

 

"It is. It's pretty, unnie." Crescents eyes, tilted to a side, smiling at the childish older girl, cute.

 

"Aren't you glad I brought you here!? I did a good job didn't I?" Her chest is puffed, a fist on her chest, thumping against her heart, a smug expression plastered over her face.

 

"Yeah, you did." 

 

"Aye- you're just agreeing blindly! The kids were talking about it this morning too! They said you'll jump off a cliff if I ask you to!" The brunette is laughing, running up to the younger girl, grabbing her hand before placing a piece of candy in the raven's palm.

 

"Would you like me to?" The candy is unwrapped before it's placed on the lower lip of the older girl, the raven with a sly smirk on her lips, eyes gesturing at the cliff besides them.

 

"W-wha-" Caught off guard, the brunette only pouted, frowning at the suggestion.

 

"No...don't. You still have to play with me." As the words finish up, the brunette wrapped her her upper lip over the piece of caramel, pulling it back between her molars.


A finger rises up to Minju's nose, booping the raven lightly.

 

" I swear! You like me too much! " The accusation is lighthearted, the older of the two not expecting any reply.

 

"I am. I'm in love with you." The chewing stops, a heart skips a beat.

 

"Deeply." And love blooms with an ending, the final firework. 

 

 


 


"Hehe, look what I got?" A packet of chocolate flavoured biscuits are raised infront of the brunette. Eyes fall open wide and a finger pointed at the snack.

 

"Ya! You know these are really good right?!" A hand flies over the older girl's lips.

 

Minju's eyes are wide open, gesturing her head to the wall next to them, her free hand placing an index finger on her own lips.

 

"SHHH! The puppy is in the other room with the duck!" The two girls chuckle at the codenames for the duo. 
 

Noticing the opportunity to tease the raven, Chaewon the palm over her lips.

 

" Got it, froggie." Smiles fall off and are replaced with a look of pure disbelief.

 

The younger girl only scoffs, turning away, rubbing her palm on the hem of her shirt.

 

"I'm not giving my snack to you." Brown eyelashes flutter repeatedly at the younger raven, a pout and puppy eyes brandished against the taller girl.

 

" You look ugly like that."

 

"Ya."

 

 


 

 

 

"!" A scream that belonged to a voice Chaewon knew all too well.

 

Turning the safety off, Chaewon quickly shot at the two security guards to her left before making a dash for another piece of cover, where Yujin laid.

 

"Yujin ah, I'll avenge you! " Looking up from the younger girl, Chaewon scanned the room.

 

"Dude, I'm not dead, I'm out of ammo and my legs hurt."
 

"Unnie will protect you." The room was seemingly clear, except Chaewon could have sworn she had heard one extra gunshot previously.

 

But she'd need to clear the room slowly since she was now alone. There wasn't enough time for that.

 

Not wanting to waste anymore time, and only feeling the dread and worry of the scream she had heard before increasing, Chaewon jumped up onto the table, shooting at the lights above her.

 

Not able to get off before getting shot at by one of the police officers that had been hiding behind a wall, the brunette braced for pain.

 

Luckily, nothing connects and Chaewon returns fire, a shot right into the collarbone. Sending the man onto the floor clutching his wound in pain.


"Leave me, I already called for Rei to come help." A nod, Chaewon runs where the scream came from.


Running into the room Minju and Yena were supposed to clear, the sight of a tall man holding Yena off the ground by the neck greeted her.

 

The older girl held the man's fingers, trying to pry them apart, struggling to breath.

 

"." A shot at the man's arm, it doesn't go through and all he does is throw the older girl back over by Chaewon, Yena sliding behind Chaewon's field of view.

 

" God ing- I'm fine!!" The confirmation comes as a relief before Chaewon sends another shot into the man's chest, it doesn't go through.

 

Eyes scrunch and stare at the area of impact. 
 

 

Nothing.

 

Not even a scratch.

 

what do I do.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter