How it Broke Down

After Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still remember that morning clearly as if it were yesterday. I woke up at the crack of dawn. It’s just me and the cats awake at this time. I go to make myself some breakfast but the two cats won’t stop weaving in and out between my feet, nudging my legs for my attention. I decide to feed them first. 

I take a deep breath and sigh heavily, thinking about my plans for the day. It’s Friday, the 10th of December to be exact. 2021 is coming to an abrupt end. The summer is officially over and I’ve made plans to surprise GD, seeing as he has booked some time off work. Things were always like that in our relationship. Me always planning the surprises, GD just tagging along. He wasn’t as romantic as some of his fans may have thought. 

Our AirBnB is booked for the whole weekend starting from today, so as soon as we’re packed, we can be on our way to Busan for a wintery weekend away. 

I made myself some breakfast but I start dozing off on the sofa. Sleep really hasn’t come to me in the past few months, and in the past week, I’ve barely slept at all. No idea what’s causing it. Maybe I need to book a doctors appointment. 

I shrug them thoughts away and focus on the present. I love this time of day because no one else in the house is awake and it’s just me and the cats. The way I wish it was sometimes. I don’t know why GD was adamant on having his parents live with us after marriage, something about being a filial son and blah blah blah. I was home more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter