How it Unravelled.

After Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been the height of summer when we got married. The day was literally magical and everything had gone right. Following all the stress of planning a covid wedding, I was now stressing over being the daughter-in-law of a prestigious family. I thought ever after was supposed to be all glitter and gold. Instead it’s like cleaning up after all that glitter is finished with. Literally. 

So I’m Sandy Kwon now. That’s right. GD is my husband - yes, the Kpop legend. I live with him and his family now as well as their cats who are two of the only beings in this life that keep me genuine company. And his family?

Aren’t they just perfect(!) 

Let me tell you something about in-laws. They show you one face when the relationship isn’t confirmed, and a whole other face once they’ve secured you as their daughter-in-law. And the world hasn’t quite evolved enough for them to change their ways. You see, it’s that age-old situation in which the daughter-in-law finds herself as alone as she has ever been, despite being surrounded by others. And her friends? They’re all a distant thought. A thing of the past. And whenever my family call? Everything’s all roses. 

And when my friends call? 

I’m sorry, but the number you called is currently unavailable. 

Dial tone. Click. 

That’s how alone I was. How much my husband and his family had consumed my life. GD would get home from a long day at the studio, demand and wind down watching TV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter