Mysterious ways

Did Gumiho kill my wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The engineer had to lie to the police while waiting for a doctor’s report at the hospital.

Byul-YI said an unknown man attacked both of them while the couple was walking her parents’ dog in the neighborhood.

One of the officers tried to get more information, but the female repeated she couldn’t see the attacker’s face.

Desperate, the human excused herself and begged a nurse to find someone who could update her about her wife’s condition.

A middle-aged woman approached the engineer and introduced herself as the Head of the hospital.

The female explained that her team had done all types of exams and tried several procedures to keep the patient stable while they were still investigating the reason for her current state. However, Yongsun’s blood pressure kept going down and her heart had failed on multiple occasions.

Byul-YI understood that her partner remained unconscious, and that nobody knew what to do.

Desperate, the black-haired human walked to the patio and sat on a bench.

__ I don’t believe in anything special. But if you exist, God...help me out. Just this once. Please...__ She murmured with sadness in her voice.

A man showed up out of nowhere and laughed.

__ HE won’t bother. Always too busy. And your girl, she is already dead. I mean... her demon side. That’s why the whole hospital can’t figure the problem out. There might be a way to save her body, though.

Taken aback, Byul-YI stood up and stepped away from the stranger.

__ Who are you? Another monster who wants to possess my essence?

Rolling his eyes, the guy responded:

__ I wouldn’t go to so much trouble for a little soul.

__ So? What do you want? And who are you?

Smiling charismatically, the stranger winked and his eye color changed from brown to green 

__ I’m an old man who got bored and started to look for entertainment. Your girlfriend is famous. She’s been fighting her nature for centuries. And then, I heard that she fell for a human. It was like reading a good novel. Now it’s like a TV series. I was anticipating the final episode.

__ You are insane. Please leave us alone.__ Byul-YI exclaimed and turned her head.

The male asked:

__ So you don’t want to save her?

Angry, the black-haired female crossed her arms while facing the stranger.

__ You are getting on my nerves! What do you want? Stop beating around the bush!

The man exhaled and held his waist in a gesture of frustration.

__ Silly of me to think it was easier to communicate with your kind.. I was clear from the start. I’m offering you help. No strings attached. I need neither you nor her. But if you are not interested...

__ What can you do? And how may I help?__ The engineer murmured with anguish in her voice.

The male got closer and sniffed the black-haired woman.

__ What’s your blood type?

Puzzled, she responded without questioning:

__ B.

__ You smell like one of us. However, you are still a human. I suspect the two of you have become one. She is still a demon. Yet she smells like a human. Let’s make some blood transfusion from you to your girlfriend.

Shaking her head, Byul-YI argued:

__ The best doctors in the hospital have done everything they can. Of course, they would know if a ing blood transfusion was necessary.

__ Sure! Because they all have a degree in a PHD in Demonology. And I mean the biology of demons..Not the religious bull humans study at the University.

Surprised, the female commented:

__ You seem to know a lot about humans.

__ Obviously! I’ve eaten hundreds of your kind. Now let’s go inside.__ The man shrugged.

Shaking her head, the handsome one pointed out:

__ You should know they will not let you use their facilities. Only people from their crew can do things there.

__ Didn’t you learn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter