Eight: The Missing Link

Nine Mistakes, Nine Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Friday night.

The nice little apartment is full with balloons and confetti. As usual.

Friends are gathered and chatted with each other’s. As usual.

But the host is not as her usual chatty and witty self.  Most of the time, she opens her mobile and looks for a certain text message. A message that has stopped to come, since that day she left him on the bridge.

She was honestly thinking that he would knock her door the next day after the quarrel. But he was not there until the sun set the day after. She was then waited for a bouquet of roses that usually came to her office the first week day after a fight. And yet none was arrived.

So she goes for the last resort. The message. Some little text of affection that he used to shower her with. But till the time her friends need to get home, no special tone that will alert his message is ever sounded.

She bides goodbye to all her friends who thankfully understand her situation and not asking her where her man is. Then she pulls her pillow closely, trying to find the faint scent of him in it while her eyes glue to her mobile.

“Come with me, Yul.”

“I can’t. You know that I have that project to be launched soon.”

“Can’t you just for one time, forget about the project and choose me?”

“What, another choose me or the work again? Really, Oppa?”

“Only this time, Yul. You know how important that event for me. I want them to meet you, the girl that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter