Getting to Know Each Other

Trained by Idols

“Our eight trainees will be paired up with our eight representatives throughout the show as they are guided through the challenges and learn the ups and downs of being and idol,” Hyecha said as Jae nodded lightly.

“Our eight idols! Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin from SHINee! G-Dragon and Seungri from Big Bang! Nichkhun from 2PM, and Kikwang from Beast!” Jae announced as each boy did a small bow as his name was called.

“We have quite the idol lineup don’t we Jae-ssi?” Hyecha asked her co-host enthusiastically.

“We do. Although we have representatives from most companies, I’m a little curious,” Jae replied as she looked over at the idols. “It seems that SM is the most represented here, through SHINee. But aren’t you missing a member?”

The SHINee members smiled and nodded as the leader spoke up. “Minho-ssi is juggling a drama and Dream Team recordings, and he’s too busy to be a regular guest here, so the rest of us SHINee all came to replace him,” Onew joked as everyone laughed.

Hyecha nodded as she turned to the next two idols. “It’s rare to see Big Bang participating in other activities other than normal music shows, so we’re very excited to have you.”

The audience applauded as the two members bowed in recognition.

“Big Bang just finished our concerts in Japan, so we’re really excited to be here,” G-Dragon said politely.

“Usually only Daesung-ssi is allowed to do variety shows,” Seungri spoke up from his spot beside his leader. “But I begged the president so that we could be here, so I am very excited.” As there was more applause, G-Dragon gave his dongseung a side glance, a smirk playing on his lips as Seungri merely blinked innocently and smiled at the audience.

“And finally, we have 2PM and Beast! Nichkhun-ssi how are you feeling since you’re the single member representing your group?” Jae asked her labelmate.

Nichkhun pulled a charming smile as he replied, “I’ll try my hardest since I’m the only one here.” He paused as he turned to the idol beside him. “Or Kikwang-ssi and I might band together so we’re not left alone,” he joked as Kikwang nodded.

“Since Nichkhun-ssi and I are the only members here alone, we need to stick together to stay alive.” Here, Kikwang turned to Nichkhun and counted to three quietly before the two of them did a fighting sign towards each other, much to the audience’s laughter and cheers.

Jae grinned as she turned back to the trainees. “We’ve officially introduced our idols, but I’m sure you all already know them.” At their nods, she continued on, “Which means you all must have a favorite of our eight males.”

Some of the trainees looked down out of embarrassment as the others kept their gaze straight and nodded, but all their expressions showed at least a hint of shyness, if not more.

“It seems our trainees are fangirls as well,” Hyecha teased. “HyoJin-ssi! Who’s your favorite idol here?” she suddenly asked.

The sudden question caught HyoJin off-guard and a name escaped her lips. “Kikwang-ssi.”

“Kikwang-ssi! Why is he your favorite here HyoJin-ssi?”

“What he did with Nichkhun-ssi was clever,” she responded with a shy smile as Hyecha nodded at the comment.

“Miju-ssi, who’s your favorite and why?” Jae continued.

It seemed like HyoJin wasn’t the only one caught off-guard as Miju’s eyes briefly flew open before she looked down at the ground. “For me, Taemin-ssi.” Miju smiled as she looked back up at Jae. “Because he dances very well, and we’re the same age.”

“Runa-ssi? How about you?” Hyecha asked the last girl in the line with a nod.

All the girls seemed mesmerized by the boys standing on the other side as Runa’s eyes darted to the MC when she realized she was being addressed. “I also think what Nichkhun-ssi and Kikwang-ssi did was very clever.” When Hyecha looked as if she was waiting for Runa to continue, the latter quickly finished with “Oh. Nichkhun-ssi.”

Jae hummed a smile as she turned to the girl beside Runa. “Our Thai prince. And for you Megan-ssi?”

“I really like Big Bang, so G-Dragon is my favorite,” Megan replied with a small hand gesture in Big Bang’s direction.

“Although SHINee has the most members here, at least one member from each idol group here has already been chosen,” Jae noted with a small laugh.

Hyecha looked at the girl she was going to choose next. “Crissy-ssi!”

“Neh!” Crissy responded immediately as Hyecha smiled and she added, “Kikwang-ssi was really funny with that fighting sign.”

The MC’s laughed as Hyecha turned to face Kikwang. “It seems your pact with Nichkhun-ssi is attracting the girls’ attention.”

Both Kikwang and Nichkhun chuckled as Jae continued onto the next girl. “Nina-ssi, your favorite idol present and why.”

Nina gave a quick glance to Miju before she replied. “I think Miju-ssi and I are similar, Taemin-ssi is also my favorite for the same reasons.”

Both MC’s nodded and Taemin looked as if he were embarrassed. “Maiya-ssi, who’s your choice?” Hyecha asked the second last girl.

Maiya smiled as her eyes went to the boys on the other side, or to one member in particular. “Nichkhun-ssi,” she replied calmly.

“What’s going on? We have three love triangles already, and we haven’t even started the show!” Hyecha stated as the studio laughed, and all the participants in the aforementioned triangles looked down out of embarrassment.

“HyunRi-ssi, as the last to pick, you get the chance to give your last vote to one of our idols,” Jae told her in mock seriousness. “Who’s your pick?”

HyunRi took a quick look at Megan before she spoke. “I like Big Bang as well,” she started as everyone gave her a curious look. “But Seungri is my favorite member.”

“Alright!” Hyecha said as the audience clapped at the end of the choices. “We’ve seen our trainees’ choices-”

“Wait Hyecha-ssi,” Jae interrupted politely. “Every idol group represented here had someone selected, but even though SHINee has the most members here, only Taemin-ssi was chosen.”

“Yes, it’s very sad,” Onew commented from his spot beside Jonghyun. “Taemin-ah! Stop stealing things from your hyungs!”

There was slight silence, before the studio erupted in laughter at Onew’s sangtae, and the leader hung his head in mock shame.


We haven`t updated in a long time. Sorry. >____< Keep an eye out for chapter 3! :D