Trying

Unrequited Love

She finally managed to finish the song and sent it via email. She was 3 weeks late for the deadline, so she really wasn't expecting anything would happen to the song. She was currently in Inyoung's house, lounging in the living room and thinking. She hasn't been to the cafe for a week. She didn't contact Yesung for a week as well. Her phone is full of messages and missed calls from Yesung. She stopped reading the messages after the 3rd time he asked her why she's not at the cafe.

'I need to be happy for him.' She let out a huge sigh.

"Kyung Mi-ah." She smiled softly as Inyoung sat beside her. "I heard about what happened from Jungsoo."

"Eonnie, why does it hurt when I know I have no right to be hurt?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm his best friend. ONLY his best friend." She bit her lip. "I shouldn't be feeling these emotions. I should be happy that he found someone."

Inyoung pulled her close and held her tight. "Because you love him."

"Why did I have to love him?" She sobbed. "It would have been easier if we were just friends."

"You can't choose who you fall for; but if you think that this love hurts so much, then you can let go and free yourself."

"How?"

"It's not easy. It will be a long and hard process." Inyoung pulled away and wiped the tears from her cheeks. "But if you really think that letting go is the best thing to do, then it will be worth it in the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah! Kyung Mi-ah!" Lee Soo Man seonsangnim greeted her as she entered the man's office. "Sit."

"Thank you seonsaengnim." She smiled. "I apologize again for the delay in sending in the song."

"It's not a problem. I just got around to going through the submitted songs." He looked at her softly. "I read your lyrics and I just wanted to know if you're alright. The message of the song is not like the usual stuff you have submitted before."

"I'm alright Seonsaengnim." She lowered her head. "Just...something just happened and well..."

"You don't have to tell me if you can't. I actually have an offer for you."

"Offer?"

"I am offering you to be part of the SM Entertainment Artist pool. Again."

"Seonsaengnim. I really appreciate it, but-"

"I know you've refused it multiple times before." He smiled. "I just want to try again. Your talent is amazing and it's such a waste if not shared with the world."

"I..."

"I am opening up a branch of SM in the Philippines. I was thinking for you to be the first SM Artist to debut there, since your mother is Filipino."

"I.." She closed her eyes and sighed. "May I have some time to think about it? I want to consult Jungsoo-Oppa."

"You have a week. We need to make preparations and replacement in case you reject the offer." He slides the contract over the table. "Take this with you and read through it before you make your decision."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going home?" Leeteuk asked with sad eyes.

"Only if I accept the offer. You know I have nothing left there Oppa. Not since Mom..." She sighed and looked at the 4 people currently with her in her office.

"According to this, you'll also be acting director of the branch." Heechul raised his brow as he rad the contract. "Are you sure you can handle that? You're going to be both artist and management."

"It's only temporary. I will handle management things before my Debut. Seonsaengnim wanted my debut album to be full of my self-composed songs so I will have time do all that. A month before my debut, he will assign someone to directly handle the branch there."

"Do you really need to do this?" Hana asked as she held her hand. "What about the cafe? I'll miss you so much."

"I need to do this for me." She smiled softly. "I want to be someone who can be happy for him. The cafe, I can entrust it to you Hana. I mean, you've been managing it for me for the past 3 weeks."

"Are you sure about this, Berry?"

"Yes. Hyukkie, promise me one thing." She looked at him and smiled sadly. "Take care of him for me?"

"What?!" Eunhyuk asked with wide eyes.

"Look after him. You're preparing for a comeback. I'm pretty sure he'll go on a diet again. He won't be eating again. That will trigger his insomnia once again. Make sure he has fruits and salad available at all times and I'll teach you how to make the drink that I make for him so he can sleep."

"Why?"

"I can't help it. I still love him."