Cousins

Unrequited Love

August 26, 2010

Kyung Mi woke up at 6AM and greeted the day with a smile. It's her birthday and the grand opening of her performance cafe. She looked at her phone and found multiple birthday greetings from her friends and one from her cousin that she has not heard from for a long time. She replied with messages of thanks to her friends and decided to video call her cousin.

"Mimi-ah!"

"Inyoung Eonnie!!!!"

"Happy Birthday!"

"I miss you, Eonnie. It's been what? A year?"

"Mianhe Mimi-ah. I just heard from Imo that you're back in Korea. Why didn't you tell me you've been back?"

"I've been busy with the Cafe. I haven't had much time to talk to anyone really."

"Cafe? You're opening a Cafe?"

"Yep. Actually, today is the opening. I thought it would be better to celebrate two things at the same time."

"Where is it? I'll go. I'm pretty much free today."

"It's in Mapo-gu. I'll message you the address." She giggled. "I saw Jungsoo Oppa the other day. He didn't see me though."

"You watched the concert?"

"Yeah. My best friend gave me tickets as a birthday gift. I can't really just tell her that he's my cousin so I didn't tell Oppa."

Suddenly, someone pouting popped up on the screen beside Inyoung.

"Uhm, hi Oppa."

"That's not fair, Mimbap."

"Yah! Oppa! Stop calling me that!"

"I won't because you didn't tell me that you will watch the show."

"Mianhe Oppa. I just didn't want to disturb you."

"Well, I don't have a schedule today, so I'll go with Noona to the Cafe."

"Jinja? Honestly, I would love that; but what if people recognize you?"

"It'll be fine."

"Well, okay. I better go now. Lots of things to prepare. I'll also be singing later, so..."

"That's great! We'll see you later then!"

"Bye Eonnie! Bye Oppa!"