Fallin' - Part 2

Unrequited Love

Kyung Mi’s cafe held secrets—the kind that lingered after hours when the world slept and the moon peeked through the window blinds. Yesung, the enigmatic visitor, had become a familiar presence.

“Your drink is on the counter,” Kyung Mi called out as the chime announced his arrival. She sat in her office, guitar in hand, lost in her creative world.

“How’d you know it was me?” Yesung’s voice carried a hint of amusement. “What if it was someone else?”

She grinned, pointing at the screens displaying CCTV footage. “CCTV.”

Yesung rolled his eyes, settling on the couch. The drink—a soothing concoction—found its place on the table. He closed his eyes, sighing. “Still, you should be more careful, Mimi-ah.”

Kyung Mi paused her scribbling, studying him. “Tired?”

“A bit. Activities are picking up again. Just finished another photoshoot.” He peeked at her lyrics, curiosity dancing in his eyes. “What’s the title?”

“Sky.”


우리가 함께 있을 때마다,
작별 인사가 영원히 바뀌지 않기를 바랍니다.
너와 함께라면 내가 항상 있고 싶은 곳이니까.

uliga hamkke isseul ttaemada,
jagbyeol insaga yeongwonhi bakkwiji anhgileul balabnida.
neowa hamkkelamyeon naega hangsang issgo sipeun gosinikka.


“Yesung-ssi,” she whispered, feeling his arms encircle her from behind. Her heart raced as he held her close. "Let me go.”

“Not until you promise to help me.”

“What is it?”

“I want to open a cafe for my family in Seoul.”

“Okay. I’ll help.” She nodded, aware of Leeteuk’s disapproving gaze from the office door. “Can you let me go now?”

“No. You’re comfy.”

“Soo-Oppa is just in the office, you know.”

“And? Is it wrong to hug my best friend?”

“Yes,” Leeteuk growled. “Especially in public without a disguise.”


내가 당신 옆에 있을 때마다,
내가 정말로 하고 싶은 것은 당신을 안는 것뿐입니다.
다른 사람은 없지만 당신은 나에게 이만큼 의미가 있습니다.

naega dangsin yeopeisseul ttaemada,
naega jeongmallo hago sipeun geoseun dangsineul anneun geosppunibnida.
daleun salameun eobsjiman dangsineun naege imankeum uimiga issseubnida.


Kyung Mi closed the cafe and ascended to her apartment on the third floor. She preferred the proximity to her work. Yesung, having dropped by earlier, now slept soundly on her couch. She adjusted his position, tucking him in with a pillow and blanket.

“Are you okay?” she whispered, her heart fluttering.

“I will be,” Yesung mumbled, arms pulling her close. “Just stay with me.”

“Okay,” she agreed, drifting into sleep. Destiny whispered its secrets, and perhaps, just perhaps, their hearts composed a new refrain—one that echoed under the moon’s watchful gaze.


난 그냥 친구인 척 할 수 없어.
어쩌면 우리가 운명이었을지도 모른다고 생각하기 때문입니다.

nan geunyang chinguin cheog hal su eobseo.
eojjeomyeon uliga unmyeongieosseuljido moleundago saeng-gaghagi ttaemunibnida.