38

Voice of my Heart

AN;; NOTHING IS RATED IN THIS CHAPTER, but for some reson, AFF won't let me uncheck the box. UGH!

--

Myungsoo spent the rest of the week kissing up to you, figuratively and literally. He even paid for your school supplies when you went shopping together at the last minute, squeezing through the moms and kids snatching at whatever they could.
 
You cried out and grabbed Myungsoo’s elbow when the crowd started pushing you in the other direction. Myungsoo turned around and grabbed your hand, pulling you through a sudden rush of carts going towards the new display of glue one of the supermarket employees just managed to put up and flee.
 
“I’ve never seen so many people interested in glue before,” Myungsoo said as you hugged him and fake sobbed into his t-shirt.
 
“I saw my life flashing before my eyes. There were so many crayons, and markers, and glitter, and construction paper. The construction paper!” you said dramatically, producing another wailing sob into Myungsoo’s shirt. Myungsoo sighed and your hair gently.
 
“Maybe you should think about joining theatre instead.”
 
--
 
You were so excited for school to start, you couldn’t sleep, texting Myungsoo through the night until he stopped replying because he fell asleep. When he fell asleep, you tossed and turned in your bed for a moment until finally throwing the covers off and turning on your lamp.
 
You sat down at your sewing table and glanced around at the scraps of fabric and sketches strewn everywhere. You had a lot of things planned for your final year of high school in preparation for what came after it. Myungsoo had given you his support, along with your parents. You’d talk to Sungjong and Amber about it, and they were enthusiastic. Hoya and Dongwoo called dibs on your ‘hip-hop’ line, whatever that would be, and Sunggyu and Sungyeol wished you good luck in your endeavors.
 
You shuffled the papers around and came across a quick sketch of Myungsoo in a suit. Maybe you’d get him to model your clothes for him, if your skills got that advanced. Suits weren’t easy to make. Your phone buzzed on your bed, snapping you out of your thought. You picked it up and saw one text from Myungsoo.
 
Go to sleep.